need advice on new computer

Hi all

We're looking to get a new PC computer for doing big graphics, like
photoshop. We already have a Mac, now we need a new PC. We'd like a
top of the line unit, 132 mb video card, pentium 4 or equivalent, at
least 512 mg of RAM, big hard-drive or preferably two big drives, nice
soundcard.

What's your advice on some models I should take a look at? Some have
said Dell and some have said Sony.

We have a 4 year old Presario and it has already lost its network card
and its interior modem; the machine appears plagued with various
problems and I've just had enough. time for new.

Any suggestions?

thanks

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:52:53 -0500, howldog <lifeisgood@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi all
>
>We're looking to get a new PC computer for doing big graphics, like
>photoshop. We already have a Mac, now we need a new PC. We'd like a
>top of the line unit, 132 mb video card, pentium 4 or equivalent, at
>least 512 mg of RAM, big hard-drive or preferably two big drives, nice
>soundcard.
>
>What's your advice on some models I should take a look at? Some have
>said Dell and some have said Sony.
>
>We have a 4 year old Presario and it has already lost its network card
>and its interior modem; the machine appears plagued with various
>problems and I've just had enough. time for new.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>thanks
I have a Sony PCV-RZ36G and I love it! I had a Dell 8200 and wasn't
impressed. Sony's customer service leaves something to be desired
also...just my $,02
good luck