If I install Windows 7 on my laptop, will there be any issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikekazik1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
Right now, I have an HP dv6700t laptop. I already know that it has more than enough power to run windows 7. I only want to ask about drivers. If I go ahead and install windows 7 on it, will there be any driver-related issues? I checked HP's website and they said that there are no windows 7 drivers for the laptop that I have. However, I heard that the regular vista drivers will work with Windows 7. Is that true? Or will there be issues with certain things not working if I install windows 7?

Solution
not only will your vista drivers most likely be compatable...before you go installing them, windows 7 will probably install some lovely drivers.

I have installed win7 on several older laptops and desktops without having to download a single driver. For those that I do download drivers, it is usually just if they have a nice video card.

Good luck!

ampedal

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
not only will your vista drivers most likely be compatable...before you go installing them, windows 7 will probably install some lovely drivers.

I have installed win7 on several older laptops and desktops without having to download a single driver. For those that I do download drivers, it is usually just if they have a nice video card.

Good luck!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.