Remote control digital camera?

G

:hello: I have a Lumix DMC TZ4. However it doesn't come with a wireless remote control and cannot be interfaced as a USB webcam. My research has pretty much led me nowhere, and no one with hacking skills seems to have made the Lumix more useful... Lumix cust.care is pretty much useless generic robots. Now I'm thinking of ditching it on eBay.

Can you guys suggest a good digital camera with the features I just mentioned i.e. wireless remote and/or webcam feature? Thanks!

So are you looking for a camera that is remote control compatible? What sort of camera, i.e. DSLR or point and shoot? If you are looking for a DSLR, essentially anything from Canon and Sony to Nikon have a remote control option on them, but I'm pretty sure that the remote has to be purchased separately.

G

I'm not rich. I could spend at most £200 ($309). If the camera can shoot HD video, I'll be in heaven. If I can write software that will control it via USB, then I don't need the remote :D But since those odds are tiny (i doubt camera manufacturers provide SDK), then I will need a consumer model that accept a wireless remote control. Any recommendations? Thanks.