My computer is constantly freezing, especially when playing games. It also
freezes when trying to run a full anti virus scan and also when running
diskcleanup. Cannot find the source of the problem and would be grateful for
any info that might help resolve this problem. I have all current updates
for the products installed.
--
Lesley

Windows version,amount of RAM please

--
Peter

"Lesley Jones" <LesleyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE57E42E-9283-41CF-9347-CCE838A58C62@microsoft.com...
> My computer is constantly freezing, especially when playing games. It also
> freezes when trying to run a full anti virus scan and also when running
> diskcleanup. Cannot find the source of the problem and would be grateful for
> any info that might help resolve this problem. I have all current updates
> for the products installed.
> --
> Lesley

Hi. Hope this is what you want. Windows XP professional Version 2002 Service
Pack 2. Intel Celeron CPU 2.20Ghz 224MB Ram.
--
Lesley

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Windows version,amount of RAM please
>
> --
> Peter

> "Lesley Jones" <LesleyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE57E42E-9283-41CF-9347-CCE838A58C62@microsoft.com...
> > My computer is constantly freezing, especially when playing games. It also
> > freezes when trying to run a full anti virus scan and also when running
> > diskcleanup. Cannot find the source of the problem and would be grateful for
> > any info that might help resolve this problem. I have all current updates
> > for the products installed.
> > --
> > Lesley

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Lesley Jones wrote:

> My computer is constantly freezing, especially when playing games. It also
> freezes when trying to run a full anti virus scan and also when running
> diskcleanup. Cannot find the source of the problem and would be grateful for
> any info that might help resolve this problem. I have all current updates
> for the products installed.

What do you mean by freezing? Does the computer lockup so you have to
turn it off with the power button, or does the program lock up but you
can end the program with task manager? Have you done a thorough scan
for malware using a variety of programs and run those scans in safe
mode? When did this problem start? Was it always like this? If not
what changed?

Please provide a good description of the issue to help others help you.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

=?Utf-8?B?TGVzbGV5IEpvbmVz?= wrote:

> My computer is constantly freezing, especially when playing games. It also
> freezes when trying to run a full anti virus scan and also when running
> diskcleanup. Cannot find the source of the problem and would be grateful for
> any info that might help resolve this problem. I have all current updates
> for the products installed.

Got enough free hard drive space left?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Alias

You need more RAM. Take it up to 512MB or 1024MB.

Alias

"Lesley Jones" <LesleyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Hi. Hope this is what you want. Windows XP professional Version 2002
> Service
> Pack 2. Intel Celeron CPU 2.20Ghz 224MB Ram.
> --
> Lesley
>

> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
>> Windows version,amount of RAM please
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> "Lesley Jones" <LesleyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My computer is constantly freezing, especially when playing games. It
>> > also
>> > freezes when trying to run a full anti virus scan and also when running
>> > diskcleanup. Cannot find the source of the problem and would be
>> > grateful for
>> > any info that might help resolve this problem. I have all current
>> > updates
>> > for the products installed.
>> > --
>> > Lesley

Thanks. How do I do that. Couple of questions though. Would lack of RAM
cause Norton to be unable to complete a scan (this only happens under my user
name and not on my daughters settings)? Would clearing some things of the
computer help?
--
Lesley

"Alias" wrote:

> You need more RAM. Take it up to 512MB or 1024MB.
>
> Alias
>
> "Lesley Jones" <LesleyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
> > Hi. Hope this is what you want. Windows XP professional Version 2002
> > Service
> > Pack 2. Intel Celeron CPU 2.20Ghz 224MB Ram.
> > --
> > Lesley
> >

> > "Peter Foldes" wrote:
> >
> >> Windows version,amount of RAM please
> >>
> >> --
> >> Peter
> >>
> >> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> >> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
> >>
> >> "Lesley Jones" <LesleyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sorry fro delay in responding. Have updated all drivers. Increased RAM to
736MB.
Current details 40.02 usable hard drive capacity - 20.56 free space.
Computer still freezing although not as frequently. Freezes when not
actually being used as well.
--
Lesley