Had to use system restore to try and eradicate a small problem...
subsequently I keep getting an error window saying "WTKERNEL is missing". Is
this something I should be very worried about and can anyone help me in
putting this back to normal? Thanks

Using Windows XP Home Edition.

Sparrowlady,
wtkernel is part of a program called Wild Tangent.
Wild Tangent is part of an on-line gaming system.

Try to uninstall WildTangent through the ADD/REMOVE feature of your
Control Panel.
Check for spyware/adware.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

From: "Sparrowlady" <Sparrowlady@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Had to use system restore to try and eradicate a small problem...
| subsequently I keep getting an error window saying "WTKERNEL is missing". Is
| this something I should be very worried about and can anyone help me in
| putting this back to normal? Thanks
|
| Using Windows XP Home Edition.

Please download, install and update the following software...

Ad-aware SE v1.06
http://www.lavasoft.de/
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

SpyBot Search and Destroy v1.4
http://security.kolla.de/

After the software is updated, I suggest scanning the system in Safe Mode.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Use google and search "wtkernel". I found mentions that it's part of "Wild
Tangent" and perhaps even spyware.

"Sparrowlady" <Sparrowlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Had to use system restore to try and eradicate a small problem...
> subsequently I keep getting an error window saying "WTKERNEL is missing".
> Is
> this something I should be very worried about and can anyone help me in
> putting this back to normal? Thanks
>
> Using Windows XP Home Edition.

Be careful, wild tangent is a very dangerous bit of spyware, when I
found it on my computer, it had an uninstall utility with it. When I
used the uninstall provided, it deleted every photo, music and video
file from my hard drive..fortunately I had back up.