for a little bit, then burns out again. If I pull the now non-working
bulb out and try it back where it was, it no longer works (bulb IS
burned out). What is causing these bulbs to burn out in this insert?

Thanks,

Mark
6 answers Last reply
More about tech bulbs burning

    It's not a flasher socket. The lamp board is working 10 inserts with
    #555 bulbs. This particular one (Hold Bonus) burns the bulbs.

    My stargate was burning out bulbs consistently in the same sockets. I
    bought some of the high end GE bulbs from happs control (#47's),
    problem solved so far. I think that the more expensive bulbs are just
    more voltage tollerant.

    Taylor34

    Are you putting in the right bulb ? #555 are around 6 volts, if that is a
    flasher socket, about 12 volts, you need to stick a #906 or #912 in there.
    LTG :)

    <moviereviews4fun@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have a HSII and the #555 bulb under the "Hold Bonus" insert keeps
    > burning out. If I switch sockets with a working insert, it works okay
    > for a little bit, then burns out again. If I pull the now non-working
    > bulb out and try it back where it was, it no longer works (bulb IS
    > burned out). What is causing these bulbs to burn out in this insert?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark

    Then check the voltage to the socket, if that is right, then you have a bad
    bunch of bulbs. There were #555's out there with 3 volt filaments awhile
    back. If votage is high, then you have some wiring issues. LTG :)

    > It's not a flasher socket. The lamp board is working 10 inserts with
    > #555 bulbs. This particular one (Hold Bonus) burns the bulbs.

    > I have a HSII and the #555 bulb under the "Hold Bonus" insert keeps
    > burning out. If I switch sockets with a working insert, it works okay
    > for a little bit, then burns out again. If I pull the now non-working
    > bulb out and try it back where it was, it no longer works (bulb IS
    > burned out). What is causing these bulbs to burn out in this insert?

    Make sure the bulb is not contacting the playfield. The vibration in that
    part of the pf from the flippers is bad and could be transferring to the
    bulb killing it prematurely.

    If that bulb is part of a light pcb under the pf, then check the solder
    joints around the connector pins.

    --
    Mike S.
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
    ------------------------------­--------------

    You may have a lamp matrix problem- column or row of lamps stuck on - no
    blanking- that sort of thing. This keeps the lamps in the row/column turned
    on more frequently than others and they'll typically glow brighter or appear
    to not go out, or not go out as often as they should.

    You may want to run the game's lamp test- invdividual lamp test- and see if
    you notice any anomalies like several lamps staying on together, some
    burning brighter than normal, etc. This may provide more clues and may
    elude to a circuitry problem on the power/driver board.

    Ray J.
    --
    Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
    Salt Lake City, Utah USA

    <moviereviews4fun@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have a HSII and the #555 bulb under the "Hold Bonus" insert keeps
    > burning out. If I switch sockets with a working insert, it works okay
    > for a little bit, then burns out again. If I pull the now non-working
    > bulb out and try it back where it was, it no longer works (bulb IS
    > burned out). What is causing these bulbs to burn out in this insert?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark

Burner Switch Games Video Games