CD Burner Program

August 29, 2005 1:17:45 PM

Looking for a CD burner program.
What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns JPEG
extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
Thank you.

Stan

More about : burner program

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 2:32:10 PM

No such thing as a MPEG photo. That will just be a video of the same frame.
Your camera is doing the right thing. This has nothing to do with the
Burner program. Just burn your photo to disk as a Data disk. Not a Video
CD or Audio. You want Data. Some CD Burners can do a "show" of a bunch of
jpegs. Where the collection of jpegs appear one after the other each
appearing for a short time. Is that what you want?

--
George Hester
_________________________________
"stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
news:o qtonRKrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Looking for a CD burner program.
> What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns JPEG
> extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
> Thank you.
>
> Stan

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 3:31:22 PM

MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.

You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner. You
need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to save
directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
Creator.

"stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
news:o qtonRKrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Looking for a CD burner program.
> What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns JPEG
> extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
> Thank you.
>
> Stan

Related resources
August 29, 2005 3:31:23 PM

Thanks for replying both of you.
What do you make of this log.
I get data buffer under run error.
tried lower speed.
Thanks again
Stan

========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========

NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM

Processor Architecture: INTEL
Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
Processor Level: 6
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Memory in use: 54%
Total physical memory: 654 MB
Total free physical memory: 299 MB
Total paging file: 1012 MB
Total free paging file: 784 MB
Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB

CD Layout: Data CD
Disc Format: CD-ROM
File System: Joliet
Bootable CD: No
Total Data Blocks: 1308

CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
Firmware Version: LCS6
Disc Media: CD-RW
Free Disc Blocks: 260224
Test: No
Write Speed: 2x
Write Method: Track-At-Once
Close Disc: No
Leave Session Open: No

Error Code: 1012
CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00

Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM

========== END OF LOG ==========
"Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
>
> You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner. You
> need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to save
> directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
> Creator.
>

> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
> news:o qtonRKrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Looking for a CD burner program.
>> What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns JPEG
>> extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Stan

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 3:31:24 PM

In a nutshell my take is that its a slow-ass burner. And, the operating
system is not XP. And, you don't have the latest service pack for the
operating system, Win 2K, installed.

> Thanks for replying both of you.
> What do you make of this log.
> I get data buffer under run error.
> tried lower speed.
> Thanks again
> Stan
>

> ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========
>
> NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
> Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM
>
> Processor Architecture: INTEL
> Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
> Processor Level: 6
> Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build
2600)
> Memory in use: 54%
> Total physical memory: 654 MB
> Total free physical memory: 299 MB
> Total paging file: 1012 MB
> Total free paging file: 784 MB
> Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
> Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB
>
> CD Layout: Data CD
> Disc Format: CD-ROM
> File System: Joliet
> Bootable CD: No
> Total Data Blocks: 1308
>
> CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
> Firmware Version: LCS6
> Disc Media: CD-RW
> Free Disc Blocks: 260224
> Test: No
> Write Speed: 2x
> Write Method: Track-At-Once
> Close Disc: No
> Leave Session Open: No
>
> Error Code: 1012
> CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
> SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00
>
> Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM
>
> ========== END OF LOG ==========
> "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
> >
> > You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner.
You
> > need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to save
> > directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
> > Creator.
> >

> > "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
> > news:o qtonRKrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >> Looking for a CD burner program.
> >> What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns
JPEG
> >> extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> Stan

August 29, 2005 3:31:24 PM

My first attempt trying to burn CD from hard drive was using a Verbatim disk
CD-RW 650 MB. Switched to a CD-R disk Fujifilm Audio 80 MIN. Is the
difference between CD-RW and CD-R or brand of disk the answer.
Appreciate your comments.
Stan

"stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for replying both of you.
> What do you make of this log.
> I get data buffer under run error.
> tried lower speed.
> Thanks again
> Stan
>

> ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========
>
> NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
> Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM
>
> Processor Architecture: INTEL
> Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
> Processor Level: 6
> Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build
> 2600)
> Memory in use: 54%
> Total physical memory: 654 MB
> Total free physical memory: 299 MB
> Total paging file: 1012 MB
> Total free paging file: 784 MB
> Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
> Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB
>
> CD Layout: Data CD
> Disc Format: CD-ROM
> File System: Joliet
> Bootable CD: No
> Total Data Blocks: 1308
>
> CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
> Firmware Version: LCS6
> Disc Media: CD-RW
> Free Disc Blocks: 260224
> Test: No
> Write Speed: 2x
> Write Method: Track-At-Once
> Close Disc: No
> Leave Session Open: No
>
> Error Code: 1012
> CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
> SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00
>
> Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM
>
> ========== END OF LOG ==========
> "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
>>
>> You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner. You
>> need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to save
>> directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
>> Creator.
>>

>> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
>> news:o qtonRKrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> Looking for a CD burner program.
>>> What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns JPEG
>>> extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Stan

August 29, 2005 4:02:20 PM

Lil Dave,
Don't know how the log recorded the information as WIN 2000 OP system as I
am using WINXP HOME SP2 . Maybe it's referring to the burn program which I
have had for a long time but never tried to use it to photos to a CD. Wanted
to have photos printed in a drug store kiosk but my son warned me not to use
the memory card, that machines have been known to damage the cards
connection where when you go to insert the card back into your camera the
card bent and internal pin connection making camera useless and a bundle to
repair.

As to a slow ass burner check my other post where I used a CD-R disk and
burned some pictures at 12 speed.

Comment?
Stan
news:o cK4fXLrFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> In a nutshell my take is that its a slow-ass burner. And, the operating
> system is not XP. And, you don't have the latest service pack for the
> operating system, Win 2K, installed.
>
> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for replying both of you.
>> What do you make of this log.
>> I get data buffer under run error.
>> tried lower speed.
>> Thanks again
>> Stan
>>

>> ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========
>>
>> NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
>> Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM
>>
>> Processor Architecture: INTEL
>> Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
>> Processor Level: 6
>> Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build
> 2600)
>> Memory in use: 54%
>> Total physical memory: 654 MB
>> Total free physical memory: 299 MB
>> Total paging file: 1012 MB
>> Total free paging file: 784 MB
>> Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
>> Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB
>>
>> CD Layout: Data CD
>> Disc Format: CD-ROM
>> File System: Joliet
>> Bootable CD: No
>> Total Data Blocks: 1308
>>
>> CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
>> Firmware Version: LCS6
>> Disc Media: CD-RW
>> Free Disc Blocks: 260224
>> Test: No
>> Write Speed: 2x
>> Write Method: Track-At-Once
>> Close Disc: No
>> Leave Session Open: No
>>
>> Error Code: 1012
>> CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
>> SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00
>>
>> Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM
>>
>> ========== END OF LOG ==========
>> "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> > MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
>> >
>> > You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner.
> You
>> > need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to
>> > save
>> > directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
>> > Creator.
>> >

>> > "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
>> > news:o qtonRKrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> JPEG

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 6:18:00 PM

"stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
news:o SriylLrFHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> My first attempt trying to burn CD from hard drive was using a Verbatim
> disk CD-RW 650 MB. Switched to a CD-R disk Fujifilm Audio 80 MIN. Is the
> difference between CD-RW and CD-R or brand of disk the answer.
> Appreciate your comments.
> Stan

You tried to burn data (jpegs) onto a Fuji *audio* CD? Can't do that,
you'll get an erro reverytime. You have to use a data disk, not audio.
There are differences between CD-RW and CD-R, besides the obvious fact that
one is re-writable and the other isn't. Your CD-RW is one of the older 2x
speed disks, I have a bunch of 4x CD-RWs. You can buy faster speed CD-Rs
for a very cheap price at most office supply or electronics stores. I just
bought a 50 pack of Fuji CD-R for $ 10.00. BTW, if you plan on archiving
your photos on CD, make two copies and use CD-Rs instead of CD-RWs. If your
photos are important, you can never have too many copies. I keep mine on a
local hard drive, an archived set on an external hard drive, and a third set
on DVDs.
August 29, 2005 6:18:01 PM

Peter,

Thank you for your suggestions.

It did copy fine to the Fuji Audio disk and no error appeared.

I tried one to see if it would. I only have three photos on it. I tried to
delete them from the disk, it said disk was read only, could not delete.
Tried to erase the disk with the burn program, error said disk was not CD-RW
could not erase.
"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <ntotrr@optonline.net> wrote in message
> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
> news:o SriylLrFHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> My first attempt trying to burn CD from hard drive was using a Verbatim
>> disk CD-RW 650 MB. Switched to a CD-R disk Fujifilm Audio 80 MIN. Is the
>> difference between CD-RW and CD-R or brand of disk the answer.
>> Appreciate your comments.
>> Stan
>
> You tried to burn data (jpegs) onto a Fuji *audio* CD? Can't do that,
> you'll get an erro reverytime. You have to use a data disk, not audio.
> There are differences between CD-RW and CD-R, besides the obvious fact
> that one is re-writable and the other isn't. Your CD-RW is one of the
> older 2x speed disks, I have a bunch of 4x CD-RWs. You can buy faster
> speed CD-Rs for a very cheap price at most office supply or electronics
> stores. I just bought a 50 pack of Fuji CD-R for $ 10.00. BTW, if you
> plan on archiving your photos on CD, make two copies and use CD-Rs instead
> of CD-RWs. If your photos are important, you can never have too many
> copies. I keep mine on a local hard drive, an archived set on an external
> hard drive, and a third set on DVDs.

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 9:49:24 PM

Did you actually copy the files onto the hard drive then burning those
copies onto the CD? As someone else said earlier, don't try and burn
directly from the camera onto the CD, the data transfer might not be quick
enough and will give you buffer-underruns. You always copy the files from
the camera into an empty folder onto the PC hard drive, then burn THIS COPY.

"stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for replying both of you.
> What do you make of this log.
> I get data buffer under run error.
> tried lower speed.
> Thanks again
> Stan
>

> ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========
>
> NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
> Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM
>
> Processor Architecture: INTEL
> Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
> Processor Level: 6
> Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build
> 2600)
> Memory in use: 54%
> Total physical memory: 654 MB
> Total free physical memory: 299 MB
> Total paging file: 1012 MB
> Total free paging file: 784 MB
> Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
> Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB
>
> CD Layout: Data CD
> Disc Format: CD-ROM
> File System: Joliet
> Bootable CD: No
> Total Data Blocks: 1308
>
> CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
> Firmware Version: LCS6
> Disc Media: CD-RW
> Free Disc Blocks: 260224
> Test: No
> Write Speed: 2x
> Write Method: Track-At-Once
> Close Disc: No
> Leave Session Open: No
>
> Error Code: 1012
> CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
> SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00
>
> Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM
>
> ========== END OF LOG ==========
> "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
>>
>> You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner. You
>> need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to save
>> directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
>> Creator.
>>

>> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
>> news:o qtonRKrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> Looking for a CD burner program.
>>> What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns JPEG
>>> extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Stan

August 29, 2005 9:49:25 PM

Test Man,

I did copy the photos to a folder on C:\ then tried to burn photos to a CD.

CD was a verbatim disk CD-RW DataLife Plus 2X-4X speed.
Next disk I tried was CD-R Audio 80 MIN

CD-R disk did burn photos to it.
Stan
"Test Man" <testman@test.org> wrote in message
> Did you actually copy the files onto the hard drive then burning those
> copies onto the CD? As someone else said earlier, don't try and burn
> directly from the camera onto the CD, the data transfer might not be quick
> enough and will give you buffer-underruns. You always copy the files from
> the camera into an empty folder onto the PC hard drive, then burn THIS
> COPY.
>
> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for replying both of you.
>> What do you make of this log.
>> I get data buffer under run error.
>> tried lower speed.
>> Thanks again
>> Stan
>>

>> ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========
>>
>> NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
>> Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM
>>
>> Processor Architecture: INTEL
>> Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
>> Processor Level: 6
>> Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build
>> 2600)
>> Memory in use: 54%
>> Total physical memory: 654 MB
>> Total free physical memory: 299 MB
>> Total paging file: 1012 MB
>> Total free paging file: 784 MB
>> Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
>> Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB
>>
>> CD Layout: Data CD
>> Disc Format: CD-ROM
>> File System: Joliet
>> Bootable CD: No
>> Total Data Blocks: 1308
>>
>> CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
>> Firmware Version: LCS6
>> Disc Media: CD-RW
>> Free Disc Blocks: 260224
>> Test: No
>> Write Speed: 2x
>> Write Method: Track-At-Once
>> Close Disc: No
>> Leave Session Open: No
>>
>> Error Code: 1012
>> CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
>> SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00
>>
>> Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM
>>
>> ========== END OF LOG ==========
>> "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
>>>
>>> You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner.
>>> You need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to
>>> save directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy
>>> Media Creator.
>>>

>>> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
>>> news:o qtonRKrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 10:05:26 PM

I wouldn't use NTI Stan. It's not that good.

--
George Hester
_________________________________
> Thanks for replying both of you.
> What do you make of this log.
> I get data buffer under run error.
> tried lower speed.
> Thanks again
> Stan
>

> ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========
>
> NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
> Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM
>
> Processor Architecture: INTEL
> Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
> Processor Level: 6
> Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build
2600)
> Memory in use: 54%
> Total physical memory: 654 MB
> Total free physical memory: 299 MB
> Total paging file: 1012 MB
> Total free paging file: 784 MB
> Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
> Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB
>
> CD Layout: Data CD
> Disc Format: CD-ROM
> File System: Joliet
> Bootable CD: No
> Total Data Blocks: 1308
>
> CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
> Firmware Version: LCS6
> Disc Media: CD-RW
> Free Disc Blocks: 260224
> Test: No
> Write Speed: 2x
> Write Method: Track-At-Once
> Close Disc: No
> Leave Session Open: No
>
> Error Code: 1012
> CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
> SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00
>
> Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM
>
> ========== END OF LOG ==========
> "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
> >
> > You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner.
You
> > need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to save
> > directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
> > Creator.
> >

> > "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
> > news:o qtonRKrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >> Looking for a CD burner program.
> >> What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns
JPEG
> >> extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> Stan

August 29, 2005 10:05:27 PM

Thanks George,

Haven't used it that much especially for pictures. Help file did not suggest
using data CD to burn pictures to a CD. It came with Creative Labs CD-RW
drive. Will be looking for something better.

Stan
"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I wouldn't use NTI Stan. It's not that good.
>
> --
> George Hester
> _________________________________
> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for replying both of you.
>> What do you make of this log.
>> I get data buffer under run error.
>> tried lower speed.
>> Thanks again
>> Stan
>>

>> ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========
>>
>> NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
>> Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM
>>
>> Processor Architecture: INTEL
>> Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
>> Processor Level: 6
>> Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build
> 2600)
>> Memory in use: 54%
>> Total physical memory: 654 MB
>> Total free physical memory: 299 MB
>> Total paging file: 1012 MB
>> Total free paging file: 784 MB
>> Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
>> Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB
>>
>> CD Layout: Data CD
>> Disc Format: CD-ROM
>> File System: Joliet
>> Bootable CD: No
>> Total Data Blocks: 1308
>>
>> CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
>> Firmware Version: LCS6
>> Disc Media: CD-RW
>> Free Disc Blocks: 260224
>> Test: No
>> Write Speed: 2x
>> Write Method: Track-At-Once
>> Close Disc: No
>> Leave Session Open: No
>>
>> Error Code: 1012
>> CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
>> SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00
>>
>> Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM
>>
>> ========== END OF LOG ==========
>> "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> > MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
>> >
>> > You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner.
> You
>> > need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to
>> > save
>> > directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
>> > Creator.
>> >

>> > "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
>> > news:o qtonRKrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> JPEG

Anonymous
August 30, 2005 1:17:58 PM

> Peter,
>
> Thank you for your suggestions.
>
> It did copy fine to the Fuji Audio disk and no error appeared.
>
> I tried one to see if it would. I only have three photos on it. I tried to
> delete them from the disk, it said disk was read only, could not delete.
> Tried to erase the disk with the burn program, error said disk was not
> CD-RW could not erase.

Well I'll be... I was given a blank CD-R to burn data onto for a co-worker
and, unbeknownst to me, it was a audio CD not a data CD. After two errors
from the burning program I checked the disk and found that it was audio - it
would not work for data.

You can't remove files from a CD-R and you cannot erase the disk either.
You can only do that with a CD-RW. Also, not every CD-RW can be read by
every CD-ROM. You may find that you burn a CD-RW, bring it to a friend's
house, and then find that his/her computer cannot read the disk. So it goes
with CD-RWs. I use them, but only sparingly. I use CD-Rs for just about
everything other than my photos. For those I use a DVD since I have gigs of
RAW format photos.

If I might suggest a burning program I use, try Ashampoo Burning Suite 5.
It's easy to use and hasn't failed me yet.
August 30, 2005 2:32:36 PM

Peter,

Thanks for suggestions, comments. Will see if I can find Ashampo burning
Suite 5.
Stan
> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
>> Peter,
>>
>> Thank you for your suggestions.
>>
>> It did copy fine to the Fuji Audio disk and no error appeared.
>>
>> I tried one to see if it would. I only have three photos on it. I tried
>> to delete them from the disk, it said disk was read only, could not
>> delete. Tried to erase the disk with the burn program, error said disk
>> was not CD-RW could not erase.
>
> Well I'll be... I was given a blank CD-R to burn data onto for a
> co-worker and, unbeknownst to me, it was a audio CD not a data CD. After
> two errors from the burning program I checked the disk and found that it
> was audio - it would not work for data.
>
> You can't remove files from a CD-R and you cannot erase the disk either.
> You can only do that with a CD-RW. Also, not every CD-RW can be read by
> every CD-ROM. You may find that you burn a CD-RW, bring it to a friend's
> house, and then find that his/her computer cannot read the disk. So it
> goes with CD-RWs. I use them, but only sparingly. I use CD-Rs for just
> about everything other than my photos. For those I use a DVD since I have
> gigs of RAW format photos.
>
> If I might suggest a burning program I use, try Ashampoo Burning Suite 5.
> It's easy to use and hasn't failed me yet.

Anonymous
August 30, 2005 5:01:11 PM

Correction, that's "Ashampoo Burning Studio 5". http://www.ashampoo.com/
!