CD Burner Program

Looking for a CD burner program.
What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns JPEG
extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
Thank you.

Stan
15 answers Last reply
More about burner program

    No such thing as a MPEG photo. That will just be a video of the same frame.
    Your camera is doing the right thing. This has nothing to do with the
    Burner program. Just burn your photo to disk as a Data disk. Not a Video
    CD or Audio. You want Data. Some CD Burners can do a "show" of a bunch of
    jpegs. Where the collection of jpegs appear one after the other each
    appearing for a short time. Is that what you want?

    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________
    "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
    > Looking for a CD burner program.
    > What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns JPEG
    > extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Stan

    MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.

    You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner. You
    need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to save
    directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
    Creator.

    "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
    > Looking for a CD burner program.
    > What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns JPEG
    > extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Stan

    Thanks for replying both of you.
    What do you make of this log.
    I get data buffer under run error.
    tried lower speed.
    Thanks again
    Stan

    ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========

    NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
    Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM

    Processor Architecture: INTEL
    Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
    Processor Level: 6
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
    Memory in use: 54%
    Total physical memory: 654 MB
    Total free physical memory: 299 MB
    Total paging file: 1012 MB
    Total free paging file: 784 MB
    Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
    Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB

    CD Layout: Data CD
    Disc Format: CD-ROM
    File System: Joliet
    Bootable CD: No
    Total Data Blocks: 1308

    CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
    Firmware Version: LCS6
    Disc Media: CD-RW
    Free Disc Blocks: 260224
    Test: No
    Write Speed: 2x
    Write Method: Track-At-Once
    Close Disc: No
    Leave Session Open: No

    Error Code: 1012
    CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
    SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00

    Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM

    ========== END OF LOG ==========
    "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
    >
    > You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner. You
    > need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to save
    > directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
    > Creator.
    >

    > "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
    >> Looking for a CD burner program.
    >> What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns JPEG
    >> extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> Stan

    In a nutshell my take is that its a slow-ass burner. And, the operating
    system is not XP. And, you don't have the latest service pack for the
    operating system, Win 2K, installed.

    > Thanks for replying both of you.
    > What do you make of this log.
    > I get data buffer under run error.
    > tried lower speed.
    > Thanks again
    > Stan
    >

    > ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========
    >
    > NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
    > Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM
    >
    > Processor Architecture: INTEL
    > Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
    > Processor Level: 6
    > Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build
    2600)
    > Memory in use: 54%
    > Total physical memory: 654 MB
    > Total free physical memory: 299 MB
    > Total paging file: 1012 MB
    > Total free paging file: 784 MB
    > Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
    > Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB
    >
    > CD Layout: Data CD
    > Disc Format: CD-ROM
    > File System: Joliet
    > Bootable CD: No
    > Total Data Blocks: 1308
    >
    > CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
    > Firmware Version: LCS6
    > Disc Media: CD-RW
    > Free Disc Blocks: 260224
    > Test: No
    > Write Speed: 2x
    > Write Method: Track-At-Once
    > Close Disc: No
    > Leave Session Open: No
    >
    > Error Code: 1012
    > CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
    > SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00
    >
    > Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM
    >
    > ========== END OF LOG ==========
    > "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
    > >
    > > You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner.
    You
    > > need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to save
    > > directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
    > > Creator.
    > >

    > > "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
    > >> Looking for a CD burner program.
    > >> What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns
    JPEG
    > >> extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
    > >> Thank you.
    > >>
    > >> Stan

    My first attempt trying to burn CD from hard drive was using a Verbatim disk
    CD-RW 650 MB. Switched to a CD-R disk Fujifilm Audio 80 MIN. Is the
    difference between CD-RW and CD-R or brand of disk the answer.
    Appreciate your comments.
    Stan

    "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for replying both of you.
    > What do you make of this log.
    > I get data buffer under run error.
    > tried lower speed.
    > Thanks again
    > Stan
    >

    > ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========
    >
    > NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
    > Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM
    >
    > Processor Architecture: INTEL
    > Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
    > Processor Level: 6
    > Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build
    > 2600)
    > Memory in use: 54%
    > Total physical memory: 654 MB
    > Total free physical memory: 299 MB
    > Total paging file: 1012 MB
    > Total free paging file: 784 MB
    > Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
    > Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB
    >
    > CD Layout: Data CD
    > Disc Format: CD-ROM
    > File System: Joliet
    > Bootable CD: No
    > Total Data Blocks: 1308
    >
    > CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
    > Firmware Version: LCS6
    > Disc Media: CD-RW
    > Free Disc Blocks: 260224
    > Test: No
    > Write Speed: 2x
    > Write Method: Track-At-Once
    > Close Disc: No
    > Leave Session Open: No
    >
    > Error Code: 1012
    > CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
    > SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00
    >
    > Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM
    >
    > ========== END OF LOG ==========
    > "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
    >>
    >> You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner. You
    >> need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to save
    >> directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
    >> Creator.
    >>

    >> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
    >>> Looking for a CD burner program.
    >>> What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns JPEG
    >>> extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
    >>> Thank you.
    >>>
    >>> Stan

    Lil Dave,
    Don't know how the log recorded the information as WIN 2000 OP system as I
    am using WINXP HOME SP2 . Maybe it's referring to the burn program which I
    have had for a long time but never tried to use it to photos to a CD. Wanted
    to have photos printed in a drug store kiosk but my son warned me not to use
    the memory card, that machines have been known to damage the cards
    connection where when you go to insert the card back into your camera the
    card bent and internal pin connection making camera useless and a bundle to
    repair.

    As to a slow ass burner check my other post where I used a CD-R disk and
    burned some pictures at 12 speed.

    Comment?
    Stan

    > My first attempt trying to burn CD from hard drive was using a Verbatim
    > disk CD-RW 650 MB. Switched to a CD-R disk Fujifilm Audio 80 MIN. Is the
    > difference between CD-RW and CD-R or brand of disk the answer.
    > Appreciate your comments.
    > Stan

    You tried to burn data (jpegs) onto a Fuji *audio* CD? Can't do that,
    you'll get an erro reverytime. You have to use a data disk, not audio.
    There are differences between CD-RW and CD-R, besides the obvious fact that
    one is re-writable and the other isn't. Your CD-RW is one of the older 2x
    speed disks, I have a bunch of 4x CD-RWs. You can buy faster speed CD-Rs
    for a very cheap price at most office supply or electronics stores. I just
    bought a 50 pack of Fuji CD-R for $ 10.00. BTW, if you plan on archiving
    your photos on CD, make two copies and use CD-Rs instead of CD-RWs. If your
    photos are important, you can never have too many copies. I keep mine on a
    local hard drive, an archived set on an external hard drive, and a third set
    on DVDs.

    Peter,

    Thank you for your suggestions.

    It did copy fine to the Fuji Audio disk and no error appeared.

    I tried one to see if it would. I only have three photos on it. I tried to
    delete them from the disk, it said disk was read only, could not delete.
    Tried to erase the disk with the burn program, error said disk was not CD-RW
    could not erase.
    "Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <ntotrr@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
    >> My first attempt trying to burn CD from hard drive was using a Verbatim
    >> disk CD-RW 650 MB. Switched to a CD-R disk Fujifilm Audio 80 MIN. Is the
    >> difference between CD-RW and CD-R or brand of disk the answer.
    >> Appreciate your comments.
    >> Stan
    >
    > You tried to burn data (jpegs) onto a Fuji *audio* CD? Can't do that,
    > you'll get an erro reverytime. You have to use a data disk, not audio.
    > There are differences between CD-RW and CD-R, besides the obvious fact
    > that one is re-writable and the other isn't. Your CD-RW is one of the
    > older 2x speed disks, I have a bunch of 4x CD-RWs. You can buy faster
    > speed CD-Rs for a very cheap price at most office supply or electronics
    > stores. I just bought a 50 pack of Fuji CD-R for $ 10.00. BTW, if you
    > plan on archiving your photos on CD, make two copies and use CD-Rs instead
    > of CD-RWs. If your photos are important, you can never have too many
    > copies. I keep mine on a local hard drive, an archived set on an external
    > hard drive, and a third set on DVDs.

    Did you actually copy the files onto the hard drive then burning those
    copies onto the CD? As someone else said earlier, don't try and burn
    directly from the camera onto the CD, the data transfer might not be quick
    enough and will give you buffer-underruns. You always copy the files from
    the camera into an empty folder onto the PC hard drive, then burn THIS COPY.

    "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for replying both of you.
    > What do you make of this log.
    > I get data buffer under run error.
    > tried lower speed.
    > Thanks again
    > Stan
    >

    > ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========
    >
    > NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
    > Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM
    >
    > Processor Architecture: INTEL
    > Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
    > Processor Level: 6
    > Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build
    > 2600)
    > Memory in use: 54%
    > Total physical memory: 654 MB
    > Total free physical memory: 299 MB
    > Total paging file: 1012 MB
    > Total free paging file: 784 MB
    > Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
    > Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB
    >
    > CD Layout: Data CD
    > Disc Format: CD-ROM
    > File System: Joliet
    > Bootable CD: No
    > Total Data Blocks: 1308
    >
    > CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
    > Firmware Version: LCS6
    > Disc Media: CD-RW
    > Free Disc Blocks: 260224
    > Test: No
    > Write Speed: 2x
    > Write Method: Track-At-Once
    > Close Disc: No
    > Leave Session Open: No
    >
    > Error Code: 1012
    > CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
    > SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00
    >
    > Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM
    >
    > ========== END OF LOG ==========
    > "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
    >>
    >> You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner. You
    >> need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to save
    >> directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
    >> Creator.
    >>

    >> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
    >>> Looking for a CD burner program.
    >>> What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns JPEG
    >>> extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
    >>> Thank you.
    >>>
    >>> Stan

    Test Man,

    I did copy the photos to a folder on C:\ then tried to burn photos to a CD.

    CD was a verbatim disk CD-RW DataLife Plus 2X-4X speed.
    Next disk I tried was CD-R Audio 80 MIN

    CD-R disk did burn photos to it.
    Stan
    "Test Man" <testman@test.org> wrote in message
    > Did you actually copy the files onto the hard drive then burning those
    > copies onto the CD? As someone else said earlier, don't try and burn
    > directly from the camera onto the CD, the data transfer might not be quick
    > enough and will give you buffer-underruns. You always copy the files from
    > the camera into an empty folder onto the PC hard drive, then burn THIS
    > COPY.
    >
    > "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks for replying both of you.
    >> What do you make of this log.
    >> I get data buffer under run error.
    >> tried lower speed.
    >> Thanks again
    >> Stan
    >>

    >> ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========
    >>
    >> NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
    >> Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM
    >>
    >> Processor Architecture: INTEL
    >> Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
    >> Processor Level: 6
    >> Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build
    >> 2600)
    >> Memory in use: 54%
    >> Total physical memory: 654 MB
    >> Total free physical memory: 299 MB
    >> Total paging file: 1012 MB
    >> Total free paging file: 784 MB
    >> Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
    >> Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB
    >>
    >> CD Layout: Data CD
    >> Disc Format: CD-ROM
    >> File System: Joliet
    >> Bootable CD: No
    >> Total Data Blocks: 1308
    >>
    >> CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
    >> Firmware Version: LCS6
    >> Disc Media: CD-RW
    >> Free Disc Blocks: 260224
    >> Test: No
    >> Write Speed: 2x
    >> Write Method: Track-At-Once
    >> Close Disc: No
    >> Leave Session Open: No
    >>
    >> Error Code: 1012
    >> CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
    >> SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00
    >>
    >> Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM
    >>
    >> ========== END OF LOG ==========
    >> "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >>> MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
    >>>
    >>> You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner.
    >>> You need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to
    >>> save directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy
    >>> Media Creator.
    >>>

    >>> "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message

    I wouldn't use NTI Stan. It's not that good.

    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________
    > Thanks for replying both of you.
    > What do you make of this log.
    > I get data buffer under run error.
    > tried lower speed.
    > Thanks again
    > Stan
    >

    > ========== BEGIN OF LOG ==========
    >
    > NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional Version 5.0.15 (SKU-22510411888)
    > Start Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:41:22AM
    >
    > Processor Architecture: INTEL
    > Processor Type: INTEL PENTIUM
    > Processor Level: 6
    > Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build
    2600)
    > Memory in use: 54%
    > Total physical memory: 654 MB
    > Total free physical memory: 299 MB
    > Total paging file: 1012 MB
    > Total free paging file: 784 MB
    > Total virtual memory: 2097 MB
    > Total free virtual memory: 2050 MB
    >
    > CD Layout: Data CD
    > Disc Format: CD-ROM
    > File System: Joliet
    > Bootable CD: No
    > Total Data Blocks: 1308
    >
    > CD-Recorder: CREATIVE CD-RW RW1210E (D:)
    > Firmware Version: LCS6
    > Disc Media: CD-RW
    > Free Disc Blocks: 260224
    > Test: No
    > Write Speed: 2x
    > Write Method: Track-At-Once
    > Close Disc: No
    > Leave Session Open: No
    >
    > Error Code: 1012
    > CDB: AA 00 00 00 3C 9A 00 00 00 1A 00 00
    > SenseKey:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00
    >
    > Finish Time: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:43:49AM
    >
    > ========== END OF LOG ==========
    > "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > MPEGS are supposed to be movies and not pictures.
    > >
    > > You can not copy the pics directly from the camera to the CD burner.
    You
    > > need to send them directly to the hard drive first. If you want to save
    > > directly to CD, look at Ahead's Nero/InCD or Sonic's Roxio Easy Media
    > > Creator.
    > >

    > > "stan" <SEDNCID@myomy.com> wrote in message
    > >> Looking for a CD burner program.
    > >> What I have at present requires photos to be MPEG my camera assigns
    JPEG
    > >> extensions, can't transfer to a CD Disk.
    > >> Thank you.
    > >>
    > >> Stan

    Thanks George,

    Haven't used it that much especially for pictures. Help file did not suggest
    using data CD to burn pictures to a CD. It came with Creative Labs CD-RW
    drive. Will be looking for something better.

    Stan

    > Peter,
    >
    > Thank you for your suggestions.
    >
    > It did copy fine to the Fuji Audio disk and no error appeared.
    >
    > I tried one to see if it would. I only have three photos on it. I tried to
    > delete them from the disk, it said disk was read only, could not delete.
    > Tried to erase the disk with the burn program, error said disk was not
    > CD-RW could not erase.

    Well I'll be... I was given a blank CD-R to burn data onto for a co-worker
    and, unbeknownst to me, it was a audio CD not a data CD. After two errors
    from the burning program I checked the disk and found that it was audio - it
    would not work for data.

    You can't remove files from a CD-R and you cannot erase the disk either.
    You can only do that with a CD-RW. Also, not every CD-RW can be read by
    every CD-ROM. You may find that you burn a CD-RW, bring it to a friend's
    house, and then find that his/her computer cannot read the disk. So it goes
    with CD-RWs. I use them, but only sparingly. I use CD-Rs for just about
    everything other than my photos. For those I use a DVD since I have gigs of
    RAW format photos.

    If I might suggest a burning program I use, try Ashampoo Burning Suite 5.
    It's easy to use and hasn't failed me yet.

    Peter,

    Thanks for suggestions, comments. Will see if I can find Ashampo burning
    Suite 5.
    Stan

    > Peter,
    >
    > Thanks for suggestions, comments. Will see if I can find Ashampo burning
    > Suite 5.
    > Stan

    Correction, that's "Ashampoo Burning Studio 5". http://www.ashampoo.com/

Burner CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP