frustrated with new computer

Hi everyone
I hope someone can help me, I am fairly new to computers.
I have a 2 month old computer. HP Pavillion running WINXP with DVD burner
and a CD Drive.

I have had it in to the store for repairs (STAPLES) twice now. I will have
to take it in again.
Problem is I will be using it fine and then walk away and when I come back
later the screen goes to black with the words Reboot and select proper boot
media.
So i do that and nothing works I cannot get into windows. I will try this
on and off during the day and then will sometimes get to the screen where it
shows a bunch of messages including Master Boot Record Error. One time it
said backup your files hard drive failure imminent.

The thing is the last time I took it in for repair on this problem (last
week) the tech said it started up fine but he saw spyware on it when he did
a scan. So he sold me Spysweeper and charged for installation ($68.00)
Said the problem was spyware. There was already a spyware program on my
computer preinstalled plus Norton Security with all the bells and whistles.
Like I said this is a brand new computer.

So I get this supposedly fixed computer home yesterday and start it up no
problem. But later in the day it went to that boot screen again. (same
problem)

So now I am using my old WINME computer to talk to you guys.

Question is what is going on and how do I resolve this issue.

Should I take it back for repair. Should I ask for a brand new one?

Also if they exchange my computer, what about all my documents and photos
that are on my computer, I have backups but I don't want to leave them with
my personal info.

Sorry this is so long but I don't know what to do and I am so frustrated.
Thanks in advance.
I will await your replies anxiously.
18 answers Last reply
More about frustrated computer

    This is a hardware issue. Your hard drive could be failing. If it's not the
    hard drive then you have to take a look at the motherboard, but my
    professional guess would be the hard drive. Have they (Staples) replaced the
    hard drive ?

    O...

    "Ninip" wrote:

    > Hi everyone
    > I hope someone can help me, I am fairly new to computers.
    > I have a 2 month old computer. HP Pavillion running WINXP with DVD burner
    > and a CD Drive.
    >
    > I have had it in to the store for repairs (STAPLES) twice now. I will have
    > to take it in again.
    > Problem is I will be using it fine and then walk away and when I come back
    > later the screen goes to black with the words Reboot and select proper boot
    > media.
    > So i do that and nothing works I cannot get into windows. I will try this
    > on and off during the day and then will sometimes get to the screen where it
    > shows a bunch of messages including Master Boot Record Error. One time it
    > said backup your files hard drive failure imminent.
    >
    > The thing is the last time I took it in for repair on this problem (last
    > week) the tech said it started up fine but he saw spyware on it when he did
    > a scan. So he sold me Spysweeper and charged for installation ($68.00)
    > Said the problem was spyware. There was already a spyware program on my
    > computer preinstalled plus Norton Security with all the bells and whistles.
    > Like I said this is a brand new computer.
    >
    > So I get this supposedly fixed computer home yesterday and start it up no
    > problem. But later in the day it went to that boot screen again. (same
    > problem)
    >
    > So now I am using my old WINME computer to talk to you guys.
    >
    > Question is what is going on and how do I resolve this issue.
    >
    > Should I take it back for repair. Should I ask for a brand new one?
    >
    > Also if they exchange my computer, what about all my documents and photos
    > that are on my computer, I have backups but I don't want to leave them with
    > my personal info.
    >
    > Sorry this is so long but I don't know what to do and I am so frustrated.
    > Thanks in advance.
    > I will await your replies anxiously.

    No they have not replaced hard drive.
    The first time I took it in was because after I got it home I was installing
    all my programs that I had disks for and loading all my personal documents
    everything was fine until I tried to install EZ CD Creator Platinum 5.
    Then system crashed and I could not get to Windows logon screen.
    So they reformatted my hard drive and I started from scratch again, but this
    time did not install EZ CD Creator.
    Used computer for about 3 weeks and then started having the boot problem.
    Took it back and they said it was spyware. Even though it came with a
    program preinstalled with I think it was PC Spyware Doctor.
    So they cleaned the spyware and sold me this other program Spy Sweeper.
    Brought it home and worked for 4 hours and then went back to same boot
    problem.
    So I cannot get to my desktop to do anything.

    "Ninip" <gwen6039@home.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    > I hope someone can help me, I am fairly new to computers.
    > I have a 2 month old computer. HP Pavillion running WINXP with DVD burner
    > and a CD Drive.
    >
    > I have had it in to the store for repairs (STAPLES) twice now. I will
    have
    > to take it in again.
    > Problem is I will be using it fine and then walk away and when I come back
    > later the screen goes to black with the words Reboot and select proper
    boot
    > media.
    > So i do that and nothing works I cannot get into windows. I will try this
    > on and off during the day and then will sometimes get to the screen where
    it
    > shows a bunch of messages including Master Boot Record Error. One time it
    > said backup your files hard drive failure imminent.
    >
    > The thing is the last time I took it in for repair on this problem (last
    > week) the tech said it started up fine but he saw spyware on it when he
    did
    > a scan. So he sold me Spysweeper and charged for installation ($68.00)
    > Said the problem was spyware. There was already a spyware program on my
    > computer preinstalled plus Norton Security with all the bells and
    whistles.
    > Like I said this is a brand new computer.
    >
    > So I get this supposedly fixed computer home yesterday and start it up no
    > problem. But later in the day it went to that boot screen again. (same
    > problem)
    >
    > So now I am using my old WINME computer to talk to you guys.
    >
    > Question is what is going on and how do I resolve this issue.
    >
    > Should I take it back for repair. Should I ask for a brand new one?
    >
    > Also if they exchange my computer, what about all my documents and photos
    > that are on my computer, I have backups but I don't want to leave them
    with
    > my personal info.
    >
    > Sorry this is so long but I don't know what to do and I am so frustrated.
    > Thanks in advance.
    > I will await your replies anxiously.

    i had the closely the same things happen to my hp ninip--replaced hard dive
    and everythings been fine since--

    "Ninip" wrote:

    > Also if they exchange my computer, what about all my documents and photos
    > > that are on my computer, I have backups but I don't want to leave them
    > > with
    > > my personal info.
    >
    > "Ninip" <gwen6039@home.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi everyone
    > > I hope someone can help me, I am fairly new to computers.
    > > I have a 2 month old computer. HP Pavillion running WINXP with DVD burner
    > > and a CD Drive.
    > >
    > > I have had it in to the store for repairs (STAPLES) twice now. I will
    > have
    > > to take it in again.
    > > Problem is I will be using it fine and then walk away and when I come back
    > > later the screen goes to black with the words Reboot and select proper
    > boot
    > > media.
    > > So i do that and nothing works I cannot get into windows. I will try this
    > > on and off during the day and then will sometimes get to the screen where
    > it
    > > shows a bunch of messages including Master Boot Record Error. One time it
    > > said backup your files hard drive failure imminent.
    > >
    > > The thing is the last time I took it in for repair on this problem (last
    > > week) the tech said it started up fine but he saw spyware on it when he
    > did
    > > a scan. So he sold me Spysweeper and charged for installation ($68.00)
    > > Said the problem was spyware. There was already a spyware program on my
    > > computer preinstalled plus Norton Security with all the bells and
    > whistles.
    > > Like I said this is a brand new computer.
    > >
    > > So I get this supposedly fixed computer home yesterday and start it up no
    > > problem. But later in the day it went to that boot screen again. (same
    > > problem)
    > >
    > > So now I am using my old WINME computer to talk to you guys.
    > >
    > > Question is what is going on and how do I resolve this issue.
    > >
    > > Should I take it back for repair. Should I ask for a brand new one?
    > >
    > > Also if they exchange my computer, what about all my documents and photos
    > > that are on my computer, I have backups but I don't want to leave them
    > with
    > > my personal info.
    > >
    > > Sorry this is so long but I don't know what to do and I am so frustrated.
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > > I will await your replies anxiously.

    In article <#H2xR6KrFHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, gwen6039@home.com
    says...
    > No they have not replaced hard drive.
    > The first time I took it in was because after I got it home I was installing
    > all my programs that I had disks for and loading all my personal documents
    > everything was fine until I tried to install EZ CD Creator Platinum 5.
    > Then system crashed and I could not get to Windows logon screen.
    > So they reformatted my hard drive and I started from scratch again, but this
    > time did not install EZ CD Creator.
    > Used computer for about 3 weeks and then started having the boot problem.
    > Took it back and they said it was spyware. Even though it came with a
    > program preinstalled with I think it was PC Spyware Doctor.
    > So they cleaned the spyware and sold me this other program Spy Sweeper.
    > Brought it home and worked for 4 hours and then went back to same boot
    > problem.
    > So I cannot get to my desktop to do anything.

    The problem isn't the vendor, it's your own use of the system.

    If you have DSL or Cable, purchase a Linksys BEFSR41, Norton AV 2005,
    and download AdAwareSE free version. Also make sure that once you format
    and reinstall, that you get all the windows updates.

    Do not install file sharing programs (P2P). Make sure that you have all
    the AV updates current - then start adding your files back into the
    system.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    The problem isn't the vendor, it's your own use of the system.
    Please explain what you mean, I don't understand

    If you have DSL or Cable, purchase a Linksys BEFSR41, Norton AV 2005,
    and download AdAwareSE free version. Also make sure that once you format
    and reinstall, that you get all the windows updates

    I have Shaw cable. I also had AdAwareSE and Spybot Search & Destroy. Also
    Norton Security with Antivirus and Firewall etc.
    They did do all the updates when they reformatted and disabled all power
    save options.
    > In article <#H2xR6KrFHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, gwen6039@home.com
    > says...
    > > No they have not replaced hard drive.
    > > The first time I took it in was because after I got it home I was
    installing
    > > all my programs that I had disks for and loading all my personal
    documents
    > > everything was fine until I tried to install EZ CD Creator Platinum 5.
    > > Then system crashed and I could not get to Windows logon screen.
    > > So they reformatted my hard drive and I started from scratch again, but
    this
    > > time did not install EZ CD Creator.
    > > Used computer for about 3 weeks and then started having the boot
    problem.
    > > Took it back and they said it was spyware. Even though it came with a
    > > program preinstalled with I think it was PC Spyware Doctor.
    > > So they cleaned the spyware and sold me this other program Spy Sweeper.
    > > Brought it home and worked for 4 hours and then went back to same boot
    > > problem.
    > > So I cannot get to my desktop to do anything.
    >
    > The problem isn't the vendor, it's your own use of the system.
    >
    > If you have DSL or Cable, purchase a Linksys BEFSR41, Norton AV 2005,
    > and download AdAwareSE free version. Also make sure that once you format
    > and reinstall, that you get all the windows updates.
    >
    > Do not install file sharing programs (P2P). Make sure that you have all
    > the AV updates current - then start adding your files back into the
    > system.
    >

    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

    Ninip

    It means that you are screwing things up.. loading incompatible programs
    maybe, not running with a firewall maybe, surfing unsafe sites, who knows..
    the vendor is only responsible for manufacturing faults.. it is the
    responsibility of the operator or user to learn how to work the system..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    > The problem isn't the vendor, it's your own use of the system.
    > Please explain what you mean, I don't understand
    >
    > If you have DSL or Cable, purchase a Linksys BEFSR41, Norton AV 2005,
    > and download AdAwareSE free version. Also make sure that once you format
    > and reinstall, that you get all the windows updates
    >
    > I have Shaw cable. I also had AdAwareSE and Spybot Search & Destroy.
    > Also
    > Norton Security with Antivirus and Firewall etc.
    > They did do all the updates when they reformatted and disabled all power
    > save options.
    > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >> In article <#H2xR6KrFHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, gwen6039@home.com
    >> says...
    >> > No they have not replaced hard drive.
    >> > The first time I took it in was because after I got it home I was
    > installing
    >> > all my programs that I had disks for and loading all my personal
    > documents
    >> > everything was fine until I tried to install EZ CD Creator Platinum 5.
    >> > Then system crashed and I could not get to Windows logon screen.
    >> > So they reformatted my hard drive and I started from scratch again, but
    > this
    >> > time did not install EZ CD Creator.
    >> > Used computer for about 3 weeks and then started having the boot
    > problem.
    >> > Took it back and they said it was spyware. Even though it came with a
    >> > program preinstalled with I think it was PC Spyware Doctor.
    >> > So they cleaned the spyware and sold me this other program Spy Sweeper.
    >> > Brought it home and worked for 4 hours and then went back to same boot
    >> > problem.
    >> > So I cannot get to my desktop to do anything.
    >>
    >> The problem isn't the vendor, it's your own use of the system.
    >>
    >> If you have DSL or Cable, purchase a Linksys BEFSR41, Norton AV 2005,
    >> and download AdAwareSE free version. Also make sure that once you format
    >> and reinstall, that you get all the windows updates.
    >>
    >> Do not install file sharing programs (P2P). Make sure that you have all
    >> the AV updates current - then start adding your files back into the
    >> system.
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> spam999free@rrohio.com
    >> remove 999 in order to email me

    In article <#ZZxMHLrFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, gwen6039@home.com
    says...
    > The problem isn't the vendor, it's your own use of the system.
    > Please explain what you mean, I don't understand
    >
    > If you have DSL or Cable, purchase a Linksys BEFSR41, Norton AV 2005,
    > and download AdAwareSE free version. Also make sure that once you format
    > and reinstall, that you get all the windows updates
    >
    > I have Shaw cable. I also had AdAwareSE and Spybot Search & Destroy. Also
    > Norton Security with Antivirus and Firewall etc.
    > They did do all the updates when they reformatted and disabled all power
    > save options.

    You said you computer worked for 4 hours and they broke, the second
    time, which means you don't have a proper firewall if you're getting
    compromised.

    Get a NAT Router to help protect you against yourself.

    --

    > In article <#ZZxMHLrFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, gwen6039@home.com
    > says...
    >> The problem isn't the vendor, it's your own use of the system.
    >> Please explain what you mean, I don't understand
    >>
    >> If you have DSL or Cable, purchase a Linksys BEFSR41, Norton AV 2005,
    >> and download AdAwareSE free version. Also make sure that once you format
    >> and reinstall, that you get all the windows updates
    >>
    >> I have Shaw cable. I also had AdAwareSE and Spybot Search & Destroy.
    >> Also
    >> Norton Security with Antivirus and Firewall etc.
    >> They did do all the updates when they reformatted and disabled all power
    >> save options.
    >
    > You said you computer worked for 4 hours and they broke, the second
    > time, which means you don't have a proper firewall if you're getting
    > compromised.
    >
    > Get a NAT Router to help protect you against yourself.

    Although the computer probably has spyware on it, HP's come that way from
    the factory, you and Mike Hall are missing the point that the computer won't
    boot. It doesn't even start loading Windows. It is a hardware problem. Most
    likely a bad hard drive as one of the error messages sounds like it may be a
    S.M.A.R.T. error.

    Kerry

    In article <udsKerLrFHA.1984@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-
    tems.c*a*m says...
    > Although the computer probably has spyware on it, HP's come that way from
    > the factory, you and Mike Hall are missing the point that the computer won't
    > boot. It doesn't even start loading Windows. It is a hardware problem. Most
    > likely a bad hard drive as one of the error messages sounds like it may be a
    > S.M.A.R.T. error.

    No, the computer was compromised, then fixed by reinstalling XP at the
    repair place, then worked for 4 more hours before he compromised it
    again..... Nothing missed.

    If it was a bad drive it would not allow him to have the repair people
    reinstall the OS without them noticing it.

    --

    > In article <udsKerLrFHA.1984@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-
    > tems.c*a*m says...
    >> Although the computer probably has spyware on it, HP's come that way from
    >> the factory, you and Mike Hall are missing the point that the computer
    >> won't
    >> boot. It doesn't even start loading Windows. It is a hardware problem.
    >> Most
    >> likely a bad hard drive as one of the error messages sounds like it may
    >> be a
    >> S.M.A.R.T. error.
    >
    > No, the computer was compromised, then fixed by reinstalling XP at the
    > repair place, then worked for 4 more hours before he compromised it
    > again..... Nothing missed.
    >
    > If it was a bad drive it would not allow him to have the repair people
    > reinstall the OS without them noticing it.

    This is a quote from the original post:

    "Problem is I will be using it fine and then walk away and when I come back
    later the screen goes to black with the words Reboot and select proper boot
    media. So i do that and nothing works I cannot get into windows. I will try
    this on and off during the day and then will sometimes get to the screen
    where it shows a bunch of messages including Master Boot Record Error. One
    time it said backup your files hard drive failure imminent."

    That sounds like hardware to me. The BIOS doesn't recognize the hard drive.
    A typical hard drive failure, intermittent at first, getting progressively
    worse. At best it is a loose cable. The last line is a common BIOS message
    when S.M.A.R.T. is enabled.

    Kerry

    I suspect a hard drive failing as well.

    > where it shows a bunch of messages including Master Boot Record Error.
    > One time it said backup your files hard drive failure imminent."
    >
    > That sounds like hardware to me. The BIOS doesn't recognize the hard
    > drive. A typical hard drive failure, intermittent at first, getting
    > progressively worse. At best it is a loose cable. The last line is a
    > common BIOS message when S.M.A.R.T. is enabled.
    >
    > Kerry

    Everything points to a hardware problem. My guess is the hard drive.
    "RonK" <im@home.now> wrote in message
    >I suspect a hard drive failing as well.
    >
    >> where it shows a bunch of messages including Master Boot Record Error.
    >> One time it said backup your files hard drive failure imminent."
    >>
    >> That sounds like hardware to me. The BIOS doesn't recognize the hard
    >> drive. A typical hard drive failure, intermittent at first, getting
    >> progressively worse. At best it is a loose cable. The last line is a
    >> common BIOS message when S.M.A.R.T. is enabled.
    >>
    >> Kerry

    You run a antivirus? a router? a firewall?

    If you don' t have those and are connected to a fast internet, your
    system will get mucked in a hurry!

    That's not to say the problem might not be your hard drive, but the
    fact that it works for a while is suspicious.

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:23:33 -0700, "Ninip" <gwen6039@home.com> wrote:

    >Hi everyone
    >I hope someone can help me, I am fairly new to computers.
    >I have a 2 month old computer. HP Pavillion running WINXP with DVD burner
    >and a CD Drive.
    >
    >I have had it in to the store for repairs (STAPLES) twice now. I will have
    >to take it in again.
    >Problem is I will be using it fine and then walk away and when I come back
    >later the screen goes to black with the words Reboot and select proper boot
    >media.
    >So i do that and nothing works I cannot get into windows. I will try this
    >on and off during the day and then will sometimes get to the screen where it
    >shows a bunch of messages including Master Boot Record Error. One time it
    >said backup your files hard drive failure imminent.
    >
    >The thing is the last time I took it in for repair on this problem (last
    >week) the tech said it started up fine but he saw spyware on it when he did
    >a scan. So he sold me Spysweeper and charged for installation ($68.00)
    >Said the problem was spyware. There was already a spyware program on my
    >computer preinstalled plus Norton Security with all the bells and whistles.
    >Like I said this is a brand new computer.
    >
    >So I get this supposedly fixed computer home yesterday and start it up no
    >problem. But later in the day it went to that boot screen again. (same
    >problem)
    >
    >So now I am using my old WINME computer to talk to you guys.
    >
    >Question is what is going on and how do I resolve this issue.
    >
    >Should I take it back for repair. Should I ask for a brand new one?
    >
    >Also if they exchange my computer, what about all my documents and photos
    >that are on my computer, I have backups but I don't want to leave them with
    >my personal info.
    >
    >Sorry this is so long but I don't know what to do and I am so frustrated.
    >Thanks in advance.
    >I will await your replies anxiously.

    --
    Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

    yes my brand new computer HP Pavillion came preinstalled with Norton
    Antivirus, Firewall, Security etc. the full meal deal. It also came
    preinstalled with PC Spyware Doctor.
    Last time I brought it in for repair the shop installed Spy Sweeper (retail
    version).
    So I would say I had the proper protection.
    I have Shaw Cable.
    Thanks

    "Paul Knudsen" <bigkahuna@jupada.com> wrote in message
    > You run a antivirus? a router? a firewall?
    >
    > If you don' t have those and are connected to a fast internet, your
    > system will get mucked in a hurry!
    >
    > That's not to say the problem might not be your hard drive, but the
    > fact that it works for a while is suspicious.
    >
    > On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:23:33 -0700, "Ninip" <gwen6039@home.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi everyone
    > >I hope someone can help me, I am fairly new to computers.
    > >I have a 2 month old computer. HP Pavillion running WINXP with DVD
    burner
    > >and a CD Drive.
    > >
    > >I have had it in to the store for repairs (STAPLES) twice now. I will
    have
    > >to take it in again.
    > >Problem is I will be using it fine and then walk away and when I come
    back
    > >later the screen goes to black with the words Reboot and select proper
    boot
    > >media.
    > >So i do that and nothing works I cannot get into windows. I will try
    this
    > >on and off during the day and then will sometimes get to the screen where
    it
    > >shows a bunch of messages including Master Boot Record Error. One time
    it
    > >said backup your files hard drive failure imminent.
    > >
    > >The thing is the last time I took it in for repair on this problem (last
    > >week) the tech said it started up fine but he saw spyware on it when he
    did
    > >a scan. So he sold me Spysweeper and charged for installation ($68.00)
    > >Said the problem was spyware. There was already a spyware program on my
    > >computer preinstalled plus Norton Security with all the bells and
    whistles.
    > >Like I said this is a brand new computer.
    > >
    > >So I get this supposedly fixed computer home yesterday and start it up no
    > >problem. But later in the day it went to that boot screen again. (same
    > >problem)
    > >
    > >So now I am using my old WINME computer to talk to you guys.
    > >
    > >Question is what is going on and how do I resolve this issue.
    > >
    > >Should I take it back for repair. Should I ask for a brand new one?
    > >
    > >Also if they exchange my computer, what about all my documents and photos
    > >that are on my computer, I have backups but I don't want to leave them
    with
    > >my personal info.
    > >
    > >Sorry this is so long but I don't know what to do and I am so frustrated.
    > >Thanks in advance.
    > >I will await your replies anxiously.
    > >

    > --
    > Top 10 Conservative Idiots:
    > http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/

    They may have been pre-installed, but were they set up?

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

> [...]
    >> >computer preinstalled plus Norton Security with all the bells and
    > whistles.
    >> >Like I said this is a brand new computer.
    >> >
    >> >So I get this supposedly fixed computer home yesterday and start it up
    >> >no
    >> >problem. But later in the day it went to that boot screen again. (same
    >> >problem)
    >> >
    >> >So now I am using my old WINME computer to talk to you guys.
    >> >
    >> >Question is what is going on and how do I resolve this issue.
    >> >
    >> >Should I take it back for repair. Should I ask for a brand new one?
    >> >
    >> >Also if they exchange my computer, what about all my documents and
    >> >photos
    >> >that are on my computer, I have backups but I don't want to leave them
    > with
    >> >my personal info.
    >> >
    >> >Sorry this is so long but I don't know what to do and I am so

    In article <#qT8pmWrFHA.460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, gwen6039@home.com
    says...
    > yes my brand new computer HP Pavillion came preinstalled with Norton
    > Antivirus, Firewall, Security etc. the full meal deal. It also came
    > preinstalled with PC Spyware Doctor.

    And as we've already said - just because you have a "self" managed
    firewall does not mean you are secure or protected in any manner. Since
    "you" control the firewall, since you approve what goes on, unless you
    know exactly what you're doing, you could have easily compromised your
    system at any time.

    > Last time I brought it in for repair the shop installed Spy Sweeper (retail
    > version).
    > So I would say I had the proper protection.
    > I have Shaw Cable.

    Since you have Cable internet access, get a cheap Linksys NAT Router
    like the BEFSR41 unit, it will give you full time protection from
    inbound access.

    --

    In article <O8r6UvWrFHA.240@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
    mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca says...
    > They may have been pre-installed, but were they set up?

    Another good point - we got a call from a chap that had more than 8
    dialers installed on his computer. He bought a Dell 2400 with Norton AV
    software.... The AV software had never been updated since he didn't want
    to register it :)

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me