Sign in with
Your question

Troubleshoot computer tv resolution problems

Last response: in Windows 7
November 10, 2012 3:41:10 PM

i just built an htpc:

1. Asus P8H77-M/CSM Motherboard (Socket 1155) with on board Intel 4000 HD Graphics
2. Intel i5 3570 CPU
3. 8GB DDR3 Ram

The computer connects into my Samsung 50 inch plasma tv via hdmi

It plays video and music beautifully but i have resolution problems:

1) The bios set up page does not size correctly over the tv -- when i plug it into a regular monitor using the DVI port, the Bios page fits the monitor perfectly, when i plug into my tv via hdmi i can only see a small portion of the bios page (it is too large for the overall tv monitor -- i.e. it does not adjust -- and I can not see the full set up page.
2) The font when surfing is very small and often faint, it is this way as well when I open or use other software. I have tried changing the font size and zoom levels, but this has not solved the problem.

Do you have any suggestions?
November 10, 2012 4:03:20 PM

You could try updating your graphics driver and/or checking Samsung's site if there is a specific display driver for that TV.
m
l
November 17, 2012 2:37:29 AM

blazorthon said:
You could try updating your graphics driver and/or checking Samsung's site if there is a specific display driver for that TV.

I tried those things. At the end of the day I ended up buying a stand alone video card, now everything works fine. The Intel HD Graphics drivers are pretty poor. There are many threads on the Intel website about issues with flicker and other problems.
m
l
November 17, 2012 2:54:18 AM

Yeah, Intel's drivers are far inferior to AMD and Nvidia :(  Even worse is when you use an OEM machine where the OEM uses even worse customized drivers instead of the generic Intel drivers.
m
l
!