Sign in with
Your question

AMD High Temp Reports

Last response: in CPUs
September 24, 2003 6:59:14 PM

I've been downloading some various motherboard polling programs to find out the one that can best determine the temp that my CPU is runnign at. It's an Asus A7V8X board runnign an Athlon 2500+ @ 1822MHz with a Vantec Aeroflow heatsink on it.

The Asus probe reports temps around 49C-53C, but everyother probing program reports it at 65C-66C, previously I had gotten reports from people saying that Asus probe reports High Temps, but the new version seemed to have corrected that. Now it's the other temp monitors that are reporting really high.

My question is this: is it the Asus motherboard thermomemter reporting high temps or is this thing really running at 65C?

I've been trying to find a reliable way of getting my cpu temp for a long time now, and now I'm just confused. Any help would be appreciated,

Sincerely,

Syrus

Windows XP
ASUS A7V8X
Athlon 2500+XP @1822 MHz
512 MB DDR 2700
ATI Radeon AiW (AGP)
ATI Radeon 7500 (PCI)

More about : amd high temp reports

September 24, 2003 7:17:58 PM

reboot and check your bios. That temp should be correct, or more reliable,

<font color=blue>"You know, that my backstab attack does double the damage. I can make an off button for him." </font color=blue> :cool:
September 24, 2003 7:22:53 PM

Do not have multiple temp. monitors running at once, it often screws up the temp reading.

Proud owner of DOS 3.3 :smile:
Related resources
September 25, 2003 3:29:09 AM

Alright I rebooted and found out there's a 17 degree Celcius discrepency between what the monitoring programs detect by default and what the temperature is at boot up (after having ran the pc for 2 days straight).

Now it's easy enough to put a 17 point handicap on the mobo software monitors but I'm wondering if the mobo sensors are reporting accurately.

Bottom line: are there any known issues with the temp detectors on the Asus A7V8X mother board?

I'm fairly sure it's not running at 65 because it doesn't feel like it when I feel the side panels of the case.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Syrus

(PS: i have not run any monitoring software simultaneously, although I AM now curious as to what kind of readings i would get haha)

Windows XP
ASUS A7V8X
Athlon 2500+XP @1822 MHz
1024 MB DDR333 PC2700
ATI Radeon AiW (AGP)
ATI Radeon 7500 (PCI)
September 25, 2003 2:48:39 PM

I'm fairly sure it's not running at 65 because it doesn't feel like it when I feel the side panels of the case.

well i doubt that the side panels of the case would get warm even if the cpu was 65c, unless u have a case without fans and without a single hole in it !!!
!