Ralph

Hi,

Have experienced this issue enough times now to warrant seeking a solution.
I frequently have my laptop hooked up to an additional monitor. I will use
various programs and have certain ones on the left screen and others on the
right screen. Then, when I unhook the extra monitor, and go to use certain
programs that were originally being used on the external monitor, they boot
up as if they are trying to go to that monitor, and I cant maximize them on
my laptop screen. It's as if the program is actually trapped in space, lol!!
THe only way I am able to use the program is to hook the external monitor
back up and open the program and then maximize it on the laptop screen. What
can be done about this? It is very annoying.

Thanks!!!

In article <2BDB1E30-71FE-411B-8164-82C81011139B@microsoft.com>,
"Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Have experienced this issue enough times now to warrant seeking a solution.
>I frequently have my laptop hooked up to an additional monitor. I will use
>various programs and have certain ones on the left screen and others on the
>right screen. Then, when I unhook the extra monitor, and go to use certain
>programs that were originally being used on the external monitor, they boot
>up as if they are trying to go to that monitor, and I cant maximize them on
>my laptop screen. It's as if the program is actually trapped in space, lol!!
> THe only way I am able to use the program is to hook the external monitor
>back up and open the program and then maximize it on the laptop screen. What
>can be done about this? It is very annoying.
>
>Thanks!!!

I've had that problem, too, and it's really annoying. The only
solution I've found is to move the programs' windows back to the main
monitor and close them before disconnecting the second monitor.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Chas

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

"Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Have experienced this issue enough times now to warrant seeking a
> solution.
> I frequently have my laptop hooked up to an additional monitor. I will
> use
> various programs and have certain ones on the left screen and others on
> the
> right screen. Then, when I unhook the extra monitor, and go to use
> certain
> programs that were originally being used on the external monitor, they
> boot
> up as if they are trying to go to that monitor, and I cant maximize them
> on
> my laptop screen. It's as if the program is actually trapped in space,
> lol!!
> THe only way I am able to use the program is to hook the external monitor
> back up and open the program and then maximize it on the laptop screen.
> What
> can be done about this? It is very annoying.
>
> Thanks!!!
for everyone to see.it makes it difficult to follow the thread if you don't
Chas