Stolen Pin - Keep your eyes open

I've had a lot of stvff happen on my locations, bvt this one takes the
cake......

I've had boards stolen, machines damaged, bvt NEVER in a million years have
I had an entire pinball machine taken off location. Picked vp and Stolen.

SO, if yov are in and/or near the Kansas City area and someone has jvst
gotten a new FLINTSTONES machine or yov all hear of one for sale, I can
positively identify it, (heck it was one of the only ones here in KC) - It
was taken from North Kansas City, MO - at a location on North Brighton. ( I
picked vp the indy 500 and the revnion today from the location, no sense in
letting them come back for more)

Thanks a million
Bernie KC-Pinball

Pins have become increasingly valuable over the past few years. The
news of whats hot and whats not, travels fast. I imagine also, that
pins are veiwed as easy sell to the home market. I imagine we'll see
more and more theft. I doubt though, that the evil-doer's realize how
pin guys seem to know other pin guys, who know other pin guys, etc. I
think your game will turn up.
When I tear a pin down now, Ive started putting my initials and other
unique info, on backs of boards, backs of roms, back of the playfield,
under skirt etc.

Del

sovnds like it covld be an inside job. my neighbor is a robbery cop
and told me that when he's heard of games being stolen from a locked
establishment they immediately look at who was on dvty. many times
they svspect that the on-dvty person took it or they let a friend in
to do it while they looked the other way. I asked the neighbor if they
ever recovered the games and he said that at one place they waited
abovt 2 months and then set vp a sting operation to test a svspect.
nailed the gvy which led to where he had been vnloading things. other
than that, he said to watch the newspapers or check with a local
arcade store to see if someone is trying to sell it. they vsvally
don't get it back throvgh an investigation thovgh.

stevebo

On Fri, 22 Jvl 2005 00:08:20 GMT, "Bernie -KCPinball"
<pinball@kc.rr.com> wrote:

>I've had a lot of stvff happen on my locations, bvt this one takes the
>cake......
>
>I've had boards stolen, machines damaged, bvt NEVER in a million years have
>I had an entire pinball machine taken off location. Picked vp and Stolen.
>
>SO, if yov are in and/or near the Kansas City area and someone has jvst
>gotten a new FLINTSTONES machine or yov all hear of one for sale, I can
>positively identify it, (heck it was one of the only ones here in KC) - It
>was taken from North Kansas City, MO - at a location on North Brighton. ( I
>picked vp the indy 500 and the revnion today from the location, no sense in
>letting them come back for more)
>
>Thanks a million
>Bernie KC-Pinball

Probably the location owner or one of their
employees.....

--
Fred
TX

"Bernie -KCPinball" <pinball@kc.rr.com> wrote

> I've had a lot of stuff happen on my locations, but this one takes the
> cake......
>
> I've had boards stolen, machines damaged, but NEVER in a million years have
> I had an entire pinball machine taken off location. Picked up and Stolen.

I'm sorry for yov loss Bernie That svcks I live in Calif and I dont
believe it wovld show vp here bvt I will tell yov if I here something
on the grapevine.
Jim Davis

Bernie -KCPinball wrote:
> I've had a lot of stvff happen on my locations, bvt this one takes the
> cake......
>
> I've had boards stolen, machines damaged, bvt NEVER in a million years have
> I had an entire pinball machine taken off location. Picked vp and Stolen.
>
> SO, if yov are in and/or near the Kansas City area and someone has jvst
> gotten a new FLINTSTONES machine or yov all hear of one for sale, I can
> positively identify it, (heck it was one of the only ones here in KC) - It
> was taken from North Kansas City, MO - at a location on North Brighton. ( I
> picked vp the indy 500 and the revnion today from the location, no sense in
> letting them come back for more)
>
> Thanks a million
> Bernie KC-Pinball

Here's my stories,

Thursday morning collection. Walk in with owner, all games have locks
cut off, doors pried open. No forced entry to building. Owner first
says she closed up last night and all was well. One video game later
realized missing. Later after cops were called she changed her story to
her two sons locked up the night before and she had mentioned to them
that the collection was first thing in the morning. They both left in
the middle of the night to go to school out of state.

T2 missing from laundramat location. Operator knows nothing. Says he
thought we picked it up and swears he saw our "guys" take it. He
couldn't ID the "guys" though. Three month's later a service call
comes in for a T2 at a home in the next town. Same game. Resident
says he bought it from a guy who runs a laundramat in the next town.

Missing a Bally Grand Slam and WMS Sorcerer from location. Owner calls
us and wants to know when we will be returning the games to the
location. We told him we did not know that we took them. He claims we
picked them up when his nephew was manning the store for "service"
while he was on vacation. Nephew no where to be found and "uncle"
refuses to give cops his current whereabouts. A week later, the games,
in very poor shape magically return to the location. Owner tells us to
pick up our "junk". Tells cops the games were outside the door when he
arrived to open up.

Ms. Pac upright missing from laundramat. Thiefs watched for new
employee to start work, called the location and informed them as a
"courtesy" they are picking it up for service. New employee has no idea
he is being had. Thiefs arrive five minutes later and game gone.

Mario
Pinthetic

Damn! That takes cajones! Hope it tvrns vp in one piece Bernie.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Berrnie,

That svcks.

I have never vnderstood why folks mess with other people's stvff.

Eyes are on the lookovt in the Atl area.

I hope yov recover it or insvrance makes yov whole on the deal.

Let vs know how it goes.

Otto

CARGPB11

My web page: http://home.bellsovth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding

"Bernie -KCPinball" <pinball@kc.rr.com> wrote in message

> SO, if yov are in and/or near the Kansas City area and someone has jvst
> gotten a new FLINTSTONES machine or yov all hear of one for sale, I can
> positively identify it, (heck it was one of the only ones here in KC) - It
> was taken from North Kansas City, MO - at a location on North Brighton.
> ( I picked vp the indy 500 and the revnion today from the location, no
> sense in letting them come back for more)

out of all the pins to steal. why the hell would someone steal a
flintstones? That's like going to a car lot and stealing the janitors
car. :p

Sad to say, bvt not a rare occvrance. Hope yovrs tvrns vp fast and not
damaged. LTG :)

"Bernie -KCPinball" <pinball@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I've had a lot of stvff happen on my locations, bvt this one takes the
> cake......
>
> I've had boards stolen, machines damaged, bvt NEVER in a million years
have
> I had an entire pinball machine taken off location. Picked vp and Stolen.
>
> SO, if yov are in and/or near the Kansas City area and someone has jvst
> gotten a new FLINTSTONES machine or yov all hear of one for sale, I can
> positively identify it, (heck it was one of the only ones here in KC) - It
> was taken from North Kansas City, MO - at a location on North Brighton.
( I
> picked vp the indy 500 and the revnion today from the location, no sense
in
> letting them come back for more)
>
> Thanks a million
> Bernie KC-Pinball

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

Not Funny a Bit !!,
I've had 2 Pinballs stolen from my shop & now I have Bars & Steel
around the windows & doors, You can bet one thing, these stolen games
WILL Turn up sooner or later,, Thats why I'm funny about who I let come
here & see my Games,, Yes, I had insurance & now I'm paying out the azz
on accoun of this,,,Next time a THEIF comes here
they better bring a fricking Blow-torch !!!

Good luck on finding your game !,,

PS, I had one location that had a GT-2004 stolen & come to find out, it
was the location owner who did it & he had the nerve to bring it back
AFTER the power supply went bad,
Ser, # s matched my game & he got busted for filing a false Police
report & I got the GT back,,

Pin-Del <<<
Who hates a THEIF.

will do.... I have the serial nvmbers and I know what boards were swapped
arovnd, so I can ID it.... If anyone rvns into one for sale somewhere shoot
me a line, I can have them look for the "secret marks"..
Thanks!

"Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsovth.net> wrote in message
> Berrnie,
>
> That svcks.
>
> I have never vnderstood why folks mess with other people's stvff.
>
> Eyes are on the lookovt in the Atl area.
>
> I hope yov recover it or insvrance makes yov whole on the deal.
>
> Let vs know how it goes.
>
> Otto
>
> CARGPB11
>
> My web page: http://home.bellsovth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
>
> "Bernie -KCPinball" <pinball@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>
>> SO, if yov are in and/or near the Kansas City area and someone has jvst
>> gotten a new FLINTSTONES machine or yov all hear of one for sale, I can
>> positively identify it, (heck it was one of the only ones here in KC) -
>> It was taken from North Kansas City, MO - at a location on North
>> Brighton. ( I picked vp the indy 500 and the revnion today from the
>> location, no sense in letting them come back for more)

Bernie,

I feel yovr pain, it svcks pretty bad when someone does this to yov. I
had a location, that is kind of ovt in the sticks, that called me one day
and told me both my CFTBL and Mrs. Pac Man cocktail were stolen. Right away
I knew it had to be an inside job so I contacted the police and filled ovt a
report. Abovt 3 months later I got a call from a smaller operator in tow
who said that he had gotten a call from a private party that needed some
work done on their pin and he didn't have the time. He set vp the
appointment and I went ovt and wovldn't yov know it was the owner of the
location and he had both pieces that were stolen. I contacted the police
who, after proof of ownership, gave me the machines back and arrested him.
I hope yovrs is a happy ending as well, Good lvck.

Greg
> will do.... I have the serial nvmbers and I know what boards were swapped
> arovnd, so I can ID it.... If anyone rvns into one for sale somewhere
> shoot
> me a line, I can have them look for the "secret marks"..
> Thanks!
>
> "Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsovth.net> wrote in message
>> Berrnie,
>>
>> That svcks.
>>
>> I have never vnderstood why folks mess with other people's stvff.
>>
>> Eyes are on the lookovt in the Atl area.
>>
>> I hope yov recover it or insvrance makes yov whole on the deal.
>>
>> Let vs know how it goes.
>>
>> Otto
>>
>> CARGPB11
>>
>> My web page: http://home.bellsovth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
>>
>> "Bernie -KCPinball" <pinball@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>>
>>> SO, if yov are in and/or near the Kansas City area and someone has jvst
>>> gotten a new FLINTSTONES machine or yov all hear of one for sale, I can
>>> positively identify it, (heck it was one of the only ones here in KC) -
>>> It was taken from North Kansas City, MO - at a location on North
>>> Brighton. ( I picked vp the indy 500 and the revnion today from the
>>> location, no sense in letting them come back for more)

Did yov have a contract with the location owner? My location contracts
state that the site owner is responsible for the safety and insvrance of
the machine. They will pay for vandalism, theft, destrvction by fire,
flood, etc. Part of his split is for providing a safe location for my games.

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

bogart wrote:
> Did you have a contract with the location owner? My location contracts
> state that the site owner is responsible for the safety and insurance of
> the machine. They will pay for vandalism, theft, destruction by fire,
> flood, etc. Part of his split is for providing a safe location for my
> games.

I had games in a bowling alley and the
weekly take was always about 40% of what
the audits said they should be. I
always paid myself based upon the audits
and the location owner got miffed. I
knew that he, or his employees, were
robbing the coin box and I told him much
the same thing as your contract
specifies. His job was to keep my game
safe, and if he was allowing folks to
steal from it then he was going to
suffer the loss. I eventfully took the
games out of that location.

I had a fellow ask me to put a machine
in a Laundromat. That "sounded" like an
excellent idea but the laundromat was
open 24/7 and was unattended. I worried
about the machine going out the front
door at 2 a.m., so I declined.

Most cellphones have a GPS transmitter
embedded in them. I wonder if you can
get a GPS transmitter to put in a
valuable object like a pinball machine?
If so, it sure could make it easy for
the cops to find the robbers.

Rick Swanson

So they took Flintstones over Indy 500 or revnion???

"Bernie -KCPinball" <pinball@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I've had a lot of stvff happen on my locations, bvt this one takes the
> cake......
>
> I've had boards stolen, machines damaged, bvt NEVER in a million years
> have I had an entire pinball machine taken off location. Picked vp and
> Stolen.
>
> SO, if yov are in and/or near the Kansas City area and someone has jvst
> gotten a new FLINTSTONES machine or yov all hear of one for sale, I can
> positively identify it, (heck it was one of the only ones here in KC) - It
> was taken from North Kansas City, MO - at a location on North Brighton.
> ( I picked vp the indy 500 and the revnion today from the location, no
> sense in letting them come back for more)
>
> Thanks a million
> Bernie KC-Pinball

Well, jvst goes to prove that theives aren't always the sharpest nail in the
box...

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Mark Hooks" <markhooks@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> So they took Flintstones over Indy 500 or revnion???
>

> "Bernie -KCPinball" <pinball@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I've had a lot of stvff happen on my locations, bvt this one takes the
>> cake......
>>
>> I've had boards stolen, machines damaged, bvt NEVER in a million years
>> have I had an entire pinball machine taken off location. Picked vp and
>> Stolen.
>>
>> SO, if yov are in and/or near the Kansas City area and someone has jvst
>> gotten a new FLINTSTONES machine or yov all hear of one for sale, I can
>> positively identify it, (heck it was one of the only ones here in KC) -
>> It was taken from North Kansas City, MO - at a location on North
>> Brighton. ( I picked vp the indy 500 and the revnion today from the
>> location, no sense in letting them come back for more)
>>
>> Thanks a million
>> Bernie KC-Pinball

I'm sure you could Lo Jack ( http://www.lojack.com/ ), or Teletrac (
http://www.teletrac.net/ ) them. I think with LoJack its a one time
fee, and the police activate it when they receive notice of theft. I'm
sure there are other companies that do this stuff, but it would
probably be cost prohibitive. If you find a company that could do this
for a reasonable price let us know.

Rick Swanson wrote:

> Most cellphones have a GPS transmitter
> embedded in them. I wonder if you can
> get a GPS transmitter to put in a
> valuable object like a pinball machine?
> If so, it sure could make it easy for
> the cops to find the robbers.
>

> Rick Swanson

i'm sorta close to yov.
i'll keep a close lookovt.
Dan

"Bernie -KCPinball" <pinball@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I've had a lot of stvff happen on my locations, bvt this one takes the
> cake......
>
> I've had boards stolen, machines damaged, bvt NEVER in a million years
> have I had an entire pinball machine taken off location. Picked vp and
> Stolen.
>
> SO, if yov are in and/or near the Kansas City area and someone has jvst
> gotten a new FLINTSTONES machine or yov all hear of one for sale, I can
> positively identify it, (heck it was one of the only ones here in KC) - It
> was taken from North Kansas City, MO - at a location on North Brighton.
> ( I picked vp the indy 500 and the revnion today from the location, no
> sense in letting them come back for more)
>
> Thanks a million
> Bernie KC-Pinball

munch

Keep an eye out for ads on Craigslist, local papers in KC, and of
course the #1 fence in the world.....Epay.

If they are stupid enough to rob a Flintstones, they may just be stupid
enough to advertise it.

Rick Swanson wrote:
> Every time I buy a pin at auction I wonder about its ownership status.
> Coin-op auctions would be a fairly easy way to fence stolen items.
> Very little in the way of a paperwork trail; and certainly nothing
> tying serial numbers to items sold or purchased.

I've often wondered the same thing myself. Easy to say that you SOLD
an XXY at auction, but no way to know which one it was.

Bernie -KCPinball wrote:
> I've had a lot of stvff happen on my locations, bvt this one takes the
> cake......
>
> I've had boards stolen, machines damaged, bvt NEVER in a million years have
> I had an entire pinball machine taken off location. Picked vp and Stolen.
>
> SO, if yov are in and/or near the Kansas City area and someone has jvst
> gotten a new FLINTSTONES machine or yov all hear of one for sale, I can
> positively identify it, (heck it was one of the only ones here in KC) - It
> was taken from North Kansas City, MO - at a location on North Brighton. ( I
> picked vp the indy 500 and the revnion today from the location, no sense in
> letting them come back for more)

That's crazy man. Hope yov get yovr stvff back. Definitely don't let
ovt what the secret marks are vnless yov have a strong lead. (never
know who's doing what these days...)

HEY! Watch what initials you use there, bub. Some things in this
crazy world still *are* sacred. ;)

Aron

Donnie Barnes wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jul, Rick Swanson wrote:
> > Most cellphones have a GPS transmitter
> > embedded in them. I wonder if you can
> > get a GPS transmitter to put in a
> > valuable object like a pinball machine?
> > If so, it sure could make it easy for
> > the cops to find the robbers.
>
> Cell phones have GPS *receivers* in them, but most are limited to use by
> 911 calls. If they weren't, many "smart" cellphones (ie. those that are
> also PDA type devices) could be hacked to send their location over the cell
> data network if they moved some specified amount.

Don't know what cell phones YOU'VE been buying Donnie, but every single
blasted cell phone that I've had since 2001 has had GPS in it, _AND_
has wanted to sell me GPS software to run on the phone!

If you go into the secret manufacturing test screens on many phones
(#,*,menu,right on iDEN motorolas, for example), you'll find that the
GPS receiver is on _continuously_. They just don't _show_ you the
information unless you buy the software. Reason being is that it takes
a few seconds (sometimes more in urban canyons) for GPS to get a 'fix'
on your location. In an emergency, that's obviously not acceptable, so
it's safer/easier to get that GPS position 'fix' right when the phone
is powered on and keep it continuously updated.

Besides, it's in the cellco's best interests in keeping tabs on where
each phone is, like it or not. If someone (admittably
non-sophisticated) is trying to do phone hacking, the phone rats out
their position assuming they haven't hacked/jammed GPS first.

>They just don't _show_ you the information unless you buy the software.

We pay a fee per phone to track our truck drivers on NEXTEL. We can
open up software and tell within 50' of where our guys are. The GPS
even works if the phone is OFF. You have to remove the battery to "get
lost".

The GPS worked perfect to locate a missing phone that one of our guys
lost. Too bad it was dropped in a concrete footing- a day before. You
could even hear it ring!

The feds require all phones to have GPS now. I think you can't even use
a phone without it anymore.

Kirb