Some how my speaker volume control has dropped from my system trey. I have
been messing with Startup in msconfig could that be the problem?

Hi

Go to Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices and make sure that 'Place
volume icon in the taskbar' is enabled.

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"Skip Bisconer" <SkipBisconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some how my speaker volume control has dropped from my system trey. I have
> been messing with Startup in msconfig could that be the problem?

Have tried that to no avail. I also enabled all the start items in msconfig
but that hasn't done anything but string out my start up. Any other ideas?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Go to Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices and make sure that 'Place
> volume icon in the taskbar' is enabled.
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "Skip Bisconer" <SkipBisconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Some how my speaker volume control has dropped from my system trey. I have
> > been messing with Startup in msconfig could that be the problem?

Solved the problem by doing a Windows repair install.