Presario 7935 maximum memory config?

I just installed Suse Linux on a 7935 that was in a corner collecting
dust. It runs pretty well, but I'd like to max out the mem to give it
a boost. Searching online says that max config is this machine is
512MB (2 x 256). Is that true? Is it a moot point if I did up a
couple spare 512 SDRAM DIMMs? No BIOS support?

Thanks.

hh

2 slots, 256MB max per slot, plus it must be Single or low density DIMMs,
i.e., for a 256MB DIMM, it must have 8 chips on each side of the DIMM. It
likely is a chipset limit, not a BIOS limit on that model.
HH