What is the most frustrating shot in pinball?

We recently had a fun thread about what was the most satisfying shot in
pinball. Tonight I was playing Paragon and I just can't get through the
Valley of Demons. There are four sequential drop targets you have to
knock down before you can get through and this thing is kicking my ass.
I'm repeatedingly knocking down all four targets and then choking!
AAARRGGHH!! I have more late model WPC games and this antique one-ball
is ruining my life! What's your toughest shot?!?!?

Mike

Actually I was just playing a few games on my Paragon tonight as well.
The best I could achieve tonight was all the inline drops down and
getting the 5X saucer but couldn't get back in there again to get that
extra ball. Same scenario on ball 2. The best score I could get
tonight on it was 340K.

So I switched over to Fathom (which I have been shamefully ignoring as
of late) and had a very long (for this pin) and adrenalin inducing 3
ball multiball. 1st ball= 6.2 million I ended up with my new high
of 8.2 million!

= )

DR
pinballdoctor.com
in a while

Extra ball on Fire Power. It's a pain to get the damn thing lit and
it's more of a shock to see it lit that I've choaked everytime it has.
That's one light I'll bet has never burned out on any FP machine.

Nah, not that hard, from the left flipper, bounce it off the crime
scene targets, goes everytime if you hit it right. :eek:)

John
jdubbbs

When I fix something, and then play a game on it to make sure it's working
in normal game play. It is amazing what I can't all hit in three fast balls.
LTG :)

The Lock Ramp on AFM is a frustrating shot. Makes getting the Super
Jackpot in multiball a bit tricky.

pinballmike217 wrote:
> We recently had a fun thread about what was the most satisfying shot in
> pinball. Tonight I was playing Paragon and I just can't get through the
> Valley of Demons. There are four sequential drop targets you have to
> knock down before you can get through and this thing is kicking my ass.
> I'm repeatedingly knocking down all four targets and then choking!
> AAARRGGHH!! I have more late model WPC games and this antique one-ball
> is ruining my life! What's your toughest shot?!?!?
>

> Mike

JUDGE DREDD "Blackout jackpot" shot,already a fast,vicious game w/ a
bitch of a ramp...not to mention the "huge space btwn flippers" and the
"voracious left drain"...this pin is TOUGH!!!

pinballmike217 wrote:
> We recently had a fun thread about what was the most satisfying shot in
> pinball. Tonight I was playing Paragon and I just can't get through the
> Valley of Demons. There are four sequential drop targets you have to
> knock down before you can get through and this thing is kicking my ass.
> I'm repeatedingly knocking down all four targets and then choking!
> AAARRGGHH!! I have more late model WPC games and this antique one-ball
> is ruining my life! What's your toughest shot?!?!?
>

> Mike

Centaur,maximum queens chamber shot is a total b**ch too!

I used to think the valley of demons was hard, but after getting a
paragon I can hit it from any bottom flipper 98% of the time. My
hardest shot is getting million plus repeatedly on Whirlwind, along
with the skyway tolls ramp. I can hit the center ramp on earthshaker
over and over, but that skyway ramp is just a little off for my aiming.
(I can also hit the fault ramp pretty consistently..... strange how a
left flipper shot is easier than the right flipper shot.... I can also
hit the delta ramp on STTNG which is essentially the same shot as WhW!)

pinballmike217 wrote:

> We recently had a fun thread about what was the most satisfying shot in
> pinball. Tonight I was playing Paragon and I just can't get through the
> Valley of Demons. There are four sequential drop targets you have to
> knock down before you can get through and this thing is kicking my ass.
> I'm repeatedingly knocking down all four targets and then choking!
> AAARRGGHH!! I have more late model WPC games and this antique one-ball
> is ruining my life! What's your toughest shot?!?!?

I have never been able to reliably master the trapdoor shot on
my Funhouse. I can make the three and four-way combo more often
than I make the trapdoor, especially during multiball!

--Bob

Bob Ellingson bobe@halted.com
Halted Specialties Co., Inc. http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)

I'll second that one!

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

"pinballmike217" <weenerman217@aol.com> wrote in

> What's your toughest shot?!?!?

Anything with a centre shot. I love ST:TNG but I cannot hit centre shots to
save my life, which is a bit of a problem on that game!

Cheers
Tim

pinballmike217 wrote:
> We recently had a fun thread about what was the most satisfying shot in
> pinball. Tonight I was playing Paragon and I just can't get through the
> Valley of Demons. There are four sequential drop targets you have to
> knock down before you can get through and this thing is kicking my ass.
> I'm repeatedingly knocking down all four targets and then choking!
> AAARRGGHH!! I have more late model WPC games and this antique one-ball
> is ruining my life! What's your toughest shot?!?!?

The rightmost dalek on DW when I already have two balls cradled on the
left lightning flipper. Not impossible, but it'll take me a few tries
before I can backhand it.

The 2-5 target combo on Firepower, which is a sure fire, lightning fast
SDTM drain. John! has seen me 'make' that shot on his FP over and over
and over again. It's one of my favorite games, you'd think I'd have
learned not to do it when I was a kid...

The other thing that really frustrates me is the 'no shot' shot on any
game. Ball drains without a chance to touch it with a flipper, and I
have plenty of those on every game I own except High Speed, because
even I can feed the upper flipper on launch.

Cheers!!
Bob

SFII. "Guille" shot I believe.

Upper right saucer. behind- everything.

Grrrr.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
======================================

pinballmike217 wrote:

What's your toughest shot?!?!?

I will say it again and when someone has done it tell me. The 173K
target on 1980 Stern NineBall. I have never done it and there is a
good chance I never will. For all who do not know , this target is
located between the loop of advancing the target on the upper left part
of the playfield. The target value advances 20,30,40 then 173K. It
starts on 10K. You have to hit the loop 4 times, each time advancing
the value to light it. The problem is the target is directly in the
center of the loop. Extremely difficult and one of the best shots in
all of pinball. Bill

Other than any clutch shot... I can choke so easily, it is not even funny.

I'd go for the extra ball on Fathom. I can not hit that thing to save
my life.

JOhn!

pinballmike217 wrote:
> We recently had a fun thread about what was the most satisfying shot in
> pinball. Tonight I was playing Paragon and I just can't get through the
> Valley of Demons. There are four sequential drop targets you have to
> knock down before you can get through and this thing is kicking my ass.
> I'm repeatedingly knocking down all four targets and then choking!
> AAARRGGHH!! I have more late model WPC games and this antique one-ball
> is ruining my life! What's your toughest shot?!?!?
>

> Mike

> We recently had a fun thread about what was the most satisfying shot in
> pinball. Tonight I was playing Paragon and I just can't get through the
> Valley of Demons. There are four sequential drop targets you have to
> knock down before you can get through and this thing is kicking my ass.
> I'm repeatedingly knocking down all four targets and then choking!
> AAARRGGHH!! I have more late model WPC games and this antique one-ball
> is ruining my life! What's your toughest shot?!?!?

Any shot that send a ball screaming SDTM! >:-o

Seriously, I have a problem making the right orbit "acrobat loop" on CV. I
tend to have a difficulty making extreme right side loop shots. But, for
some reason I can nail the RPM right loop on HS2, so go figure. :)

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

I second the Guile shot on SF2, and also the Chun-Li shot as well.
Making the shot to the lower playfield on Black Hole (especially when
you have 2 balls locked) seems impossible some times.

Can't believe no one has mentioned the Hole in One shot from the Slam ramp
on NGG.

Talk about a frustrating shot ... geeze. Sad part is sometimes I can get on
a roll and get 3 or 4 in a row but then all sudden for about 10 or 15 games
I can't even get close. Very aggravating shot but thats why I absolutely
love it. It forces me to keep trying no matter what.

Greg

My toughest shot is the one I easily made 3 times in a row BEFORE the
bonus or lock or whatever was enabled.

In article <1121999164.631675.9520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"pinballmike217" <weenerman217@aol.com> wrote:

> We recently had a fun thread about what was the most satisfying shot in
> pinball. Tonight I was playing Paragon and I just can't get through the
> Valley of Demons. There are four sequential drop targets you have to
> knock down before you can get through and this thing is kicking my ass.
> I'm repeatedingly knocking down all four targets and then choking!
> AAARRGGHH!! I have more late model WPC games and this antique one-ball
> is ruining my life! What's your toughest shot?!?!?
>

> Mike

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Hitting the Snackbar Hole for the Jackpot after saving the girl from
the Creature.... before you loose one of the two multiballs. DAMN I
hate when I miss that shot....

- Don

pinballmike217 wrote:
> We recently had a fun thread about what was the most satisfying shot in
> pinball. Tonight I was playing Paragon and I just can't get through the
> Valley of Demons. There are four sequential drop targets you have to
> knock down before you can get through and this thing is kicking my ass.
> I'm repeatedingly knocking down all four targets and then choking!
> AAARRGGHH!! I have more late model WPC games and this antique one-ball
> is ruining my life! What's your toughest shot?!?!?
>

> Mike

Jack,

This is the funny part, I have a Lord of the Rings right next to
Paragon and for some reason the old school stuff is more intriguing
lately. Paragon could be LOTR's grandfather! I don't know why but I
head for the Paragon every time.

Mike

What's your toughest shot?!?!?

Easy - ball locked in the ring of Lord of the Rings, trying to hit it with a
2nd shot. Flippers are overheated and have the strength of an 80 year old
man with no E.D. medication...

(not that I would no what its like to be an 80 year old man....)

Jack
:)