Hi,

Many new notebooks don't show the icon for 'My Computer' on the desktop by
default. But that's fairly easy to rightclick My Computer from the Start
menu and select Show on desktp to fix this.

However I cannot find a way to add or copy the 'Network neigbouhood' or 'My
network places' or whatever this icon is called in English to the desktop on
a IBM ThinkPad. How do I do that...?

regards

Rod

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:ekxnXFMrFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Rod Janson <rodney@janson.net> had this to say:

> Hi,
>
> Many new notebooks don't show the icon for 'My Computer' on the
> desktop by default. But that's fairly easy to rightclick My Computer
> from the Start menu and select Show on desktp to fix this.
>
> However I cannot find a way to add or copy the 'Network neigbouhood'
> or 'My network places' or whatever this icon is called in English to
> the desktop on a IBM ThinkPad. How do I do that...?
>
> regards
>
> Rod

Start > run > type "control desktop" without the quotes > hit enter >
navigate to desktop tab > click customize desktop > tick the box for network
neighborhood

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

In article <ekxnXFMrFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, "Rod Janson"
<rodney@janson.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Many new notebooks don't show the icon for 'My Computer' on the desktop by
>default. But that's fairly easy to rightclick My Computer from the Start
>menu and select Show on desktp to fix this.
>
>However I cannot find a way to add or copy the 'Network neigbouhood' or 'My
>network places' or whatever this icon is called in English to the desktop on
>a IBM ThinkPad. How do I do that...?
>
>regards
>
>Rod

1. Right-click an empty spot on the desktop.
2. Click Properties.
3. Click Desktop.
4. Click Customize Desktop.
5. Put a check mark in the box for My Network Places.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Steve Winograd [MVP]" <winograd@pobox.com> skrev i melding
> 1. Right-click an empty spot on the desktop.
> 2. Click Properties.
> 3. Click Desktop.
> 4. Click Customize Desktop.
> 5. Put a check mark in the box for My Network Places.

Excellent :)

Thanks a lot

Rod

Latest posts