Triple boot WinXP, MAC OS X and Fedora

Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
Thanks
Jack
11 answers Last reply
More about triple boot winxp fedora

    Jack

    I am not aware that Mac OSX will run on x86 architecture..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
    > Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
    > Thanks
    > Jack

    Mac OS will not run natively on pc hardware.

    "Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
    > Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
    > Thanks
    > Jack

    Apple has "ported" their OS 10 to the x86 based motherboards. However, they
    are placing special hardware restrictions so that it will only install onto
    their custom motherboard. However, this restriction has been "cracked"
    already!

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > Mac OS will not run natively on pc hardware.

    > "Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
    >> Thanks
    >> Jack

    begin  trojan.vbs ... On Monday 29 August 2005 11:39 am, pcbutts1 had this
    to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > Mac OS will not run natively on pc hardware.

    And what mushroom have you been living under? Spending too much time playing
    around with hijack logs I see. :-)

    --
    Have you been MicroShafted today?
    To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

    Yves

    I took a look at the site after reading the initial post.. hardly a
    universal x86 thing.. if I had wanted Mac OS X that bad, I would have cut my
    brain out and emptied my bank account.. :-)

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    I found this http://www.uneasysilence.com/archive/2005/08/3937/

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
    > Apple has "ported" their OS 10 to the x86 based motherboards.
    > However, they are placing special hardware restrictions so that
    > it will only install onto their custom motherboard. However, this
    > restriction has been "cracked" already!

    Does the "crack" allow for multi-booting the Mac OS 10 with
    Windows and Linux? That would be a really flexible machine!
    :-) What is done about device drivers for such a "cracked'
    system?

    *TimDaniels*

    Hehe not from this group. ;0)

    "-rwxrw-r--" <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote in message
    > begin trojan.vbs ... On Monday 29 August 2005 11:39 am, pcbutts1 had this
    > to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
    >
    >> Mac OS will not run natively on pc hardware.
    >>

    > And what mushroom have you been living under? Spending too much time
    > playing
    > around with hijack logs I see. :-)
    >

    > --
    > Have you been MicroShafted today?
    > To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.
    > To mess up a Windows box, you need to work *on* it.

    Mike
    Check out the MAC OS X x86 version. It's real cool.
    Jack

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:OIIwxXMrFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > Jack
    >
    > I am not aware that Mac OSX will run on x86 architecture..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >

    > "Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
    >> Thanks
    >> Jack

    Jack

    If it's ok with you, I might just not install Mac OS X x86..

    --

    > Mike
    > Check out the MAC OS X x86 version. It's real cool.
    > Jack
    >
    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca>
    > ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:OIIwxXMrFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    >> Jack
    >>
    >> I am not aware that Mac OSX will run on x86 architecture..
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >>

    >> "Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
    >>> Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Jack

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:17:56 -0400, "Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)"
    <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote:

    >Jack
    >
    >I am not aware that Mac OSX will run on x86 architecture..

    Apparently you haven't beeing keeping up with the latest news.
    1) Apple has switched platforms from IBM chips to Intel chips. This
    switch is to be accomplished within two years, with the first machines
    with the new x86 motherboards and chips being the $499 Mini-Macs and
    iBooks.
    2) Apparently, Apple has been producing an in-house port of Apple OSX
    for the x86 architecture from the beginning.
    3) It appears that this port will work on some motherboards with x86
    architecture with few or easily-accomplished hardware changes.
    4) The above version of OSX is currently being widely distributed
    across the world by hackers and other warez people, and reportedly has
    been installed on many Intel-based machines along with the addition of
    a small software patch to act like the Apple-specific chip which
    authenticates a machine as a genuine Apple.

    Donald L McDaniel
    Please reply to the original thread.
    If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
    from my email address before sending.

Mac Os Boot Microsoft Fedora Windows XP