Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Triple boot WinXP, MAC OS X and Fedora

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 30, 2005 6:07:37 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
Thanks
Jack
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 6:07:38 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Jack

I am not aware that Mac OSX will run on x86 architecture..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User


"Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
news:ulAsKSMrFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
> Thanks
> Jack
>
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 6:07:38 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Mac OS will not run natively on pc hardware.

--


The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com



"Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
news:ulAsKSMrFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
> Thanks
> Jack
>
Related resources
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 6:07:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Apple has "ported" their OS 10 to the x86 based motherboards. However, they
are placing special hardware restrictions so that it will only install onto
their custom motherboard. However, this restriction has been "cracked"
already!


"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
news:D DIQe.399$la.327@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net...
> Mac OS will not run natively on pc hardware.
>
> --
>
>
> The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>
>
>
> "Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
> news:ulAsKSMrFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
>> Thanks
>> Jack
>>
>
>
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 6:07:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Monday 29 August 2005 11:39 am, pcbutts1 had this
to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> Mac OS will not run natively on pc hardware.
>

And what mushroom have you been living under? Spending too much time playing
around with hijack logs I see. :-)


--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.
To mess up a Windows box, you need to work *on* it.
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 6:07:40 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Yves

I took a look at the site after reading the initial post.. hardly a
universal x86 thing.. if I had wanted Mac OS X that bad, I would have cut my
brain out and emptied my bank account.. :-)

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User


"Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:usEV%23qOrFHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Apple has "ported" their OS 10 to the x86 based motherboards. However,
> they are placing special hardware restrictions so that it will only
> install onto their custom motherboard. However, this restriction has been
> "cracked" already!
>
>
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> news:D DIQe.399$la.327@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net...
>> Mac OS will not run natively on pc hardware.
>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>>
>>
>>
>> "Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
>> news:ulAsKSMrFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
>>> Thanks
>>> Jack
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 6:07:40 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I found this http://www.uneasysilence.com/archive/2005/08/3937/

--


The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com



"Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:usEV%23qOrFHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Apple has "ported" their OS 10 to the x86 based motherboards. However,
> they are placing special hardware restrictions so that it will only
> install onto their custom motherboard. However, this restriction has been
> "cracked" already!
>
>
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> news:D DIQe.399$la.327@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net...
>> Mac OS will not run natively on pc hardware.
>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>>
>>
>>
>> "Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
>> news:ulAsKSMrFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
>>> Thanks
>>> Jack
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 6:07:40 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:
> Apple has "ported" their OS 10 to the x86 based motherboards.
> However, they are placing special hardware restrictions so that
> it will only install onto their custom motherboard. However, this
> restriction has been "cracked" already!


Does the "crack" allow for multi-booting the Mac OS 10 with
Windows and Linux? That would be a really flexible machine!
:-) What is done about device drivers for such a "cracked'
system?

*TimDaniels*
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 6:24:45 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hehe not from this group. ;0)

--


The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com



"-rwxrw-r--" <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote in message
news:JBOQe.331366$5V4.302346@pd7tw3no...
> begin trojan.vbs ... On Monday 29 August 2005 11:39 am, pcbutts1 had this
> to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
>> Mac OS will not run natively on pc hardware.
>>
>
> And what mushroom have you been living under? Spending too much time
> playing
> around with hijack logs I see. :-)
>
>
> --
> Have you been MicroShafted today?
> To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.
> To mess up a Windows box, you need to work *on* it.
August 30, 2005 6:33:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Mike
Check out the MAC OS X x86 version. It's real cool.
Jack

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:o IIwxXMrFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Jack
>
> I am not aware that Mac OSX will run on x86 architecture..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
>
> "Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
> news:ulAsKSMrFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
>> Thanks
>> Jack
>>
>
>
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 6:33:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Jack

If it's ok with you, I might just not install Mac OS X x86..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User


"Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
news:%239tgegMrFHA.3356@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Mike
> Check out the MAC OS X x86 version. It's real cool.
> Jack
>
> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca>
> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:o IIwxXMrFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Jack
>>
>> I am not aware that Mac OSX will run on x86 architecture..
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>
>>
>> "Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message
>> news:ulAsKSMrFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> Has anyone been successfully installed these golden trio?
>>> Thanks
>>> Jack
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 12:53:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:17:56 -0400, "Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)"
<mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Jack
>
>I am not aware that Mac OSX will run on x86 architecture..

Apparently you haven't beeing keeping up with the latest news.
1) Apple has switched platforms from IBM chips to Intel chips. This
switch is to be accomplished within two years, with the first machines
with the new x86 motherboards and chips being the $499 Mini-Macs and
iBooks.
2) Apparently, Apple has been producing an in-house port of Apple OSX
for the x86 architecture from the beginning.
3) It appears that this port will work on some motherboards with x86
architecture with few or easily-accomplished hardware changes.
4) The above version of OSX is currently being widely distributed
across the world by hackers and other warez people, and reportedly has
been installed on many Intel-based machines along with the addition of
a small software patch to act like the Apple-specific chip which
authenticates a machine as a genuine Apple.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
from my email address before sending.
=======================================================
!