frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a clients PC that the screen goes black at the XP Home splash screen.
When I boot into the safe mode I get to the login screen then the screen
goes black.

I have removed and replaced the video card and also tried using the VGA
mode. Same problem. Any thoughts?

--
Thanks,

Frank

It sounds like you have the incorrect driver or a corrupted driver.
If you can't boot to safe mode it'll be a real PITA.
Do you have a different card you can try?

--
A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
"Frank" <ffarero@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a clients PC that the screen goes black at the XP Home splash
>screen. When I boot into the safe mode I get to the login screen then the
>screen goes black.
> I have removed and replaced the video card and also tried using the VGA
> mode. Same problem. Any thoughts?
> --
> Thanks,
> Frank

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I had a new video card I installed but the result was the same.