pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
This is not uncommon at all. There was a time right after intel got contracted by IBM that IBM was asking for more processors than they (intel) could produce, therefore intel contracted companies like AMD, Siemens, Hitiachi...they all made 8086's 286's 8088's and 386s that used the exact archetecture of intel (hence the intel copywright) but were not produced by intel (hence amd symbol/name). Later this all changed after the 386 and intel and amd had a lawsuit, eventually amd was screwed because intel was no longer feeding amd their new cpu designs. The first chip that amd really designed for themselves what the K5 in 1995.

Proud owner of DOS 3.3 :smile:

eden

Champion
If I am not mistaken, Sanders DID work at Intel and his company, AMD was part of it. It was truly an alliance. However I don't know what happened so they seperated. I know of the ZD Article on Sanders. I might check it out to see what happened.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol: