Sign in with
Your question

Monitor flashing, not displaying properly

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
September 9, 2010 5:51:32 PM

I turned off my monitor for 5 hours. When I turned it back on, it looked like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmoMTwgA5vU&fmt=35

In that video the monitor is not connected to the PC. I have tried connecting it to two PCs with the same results. I can make out some of the images on screen, but only through all the flashing lines/colors and other distortion. Is there anyway to fix this? What could have caused this?

a b C Monitor
September 11, 2010 3:39:08 AM

Bit of a strange issue. How old is the monitor? It seems as if it is definitely and internal issue, most likely something on the board. If it is under a year, I wouldn't mess with it and send it in to get it fixed or replaced under the factory warranty.
m
l
September 12, 2010 8:42:10 AM

buwish said:
Bit of a strange issue. How old is the monitor? It seems as if it is definitely and internal issue, most likely something on the board. If it is under a year, I wouldn't mess with it and send it in to get it fixed or replaced under the factory warranty.

Thanks for you reply. The monitor is out of warranty. It's about two years old.

I unplugged it and sat it aside for a few hours, and strangely it started working again. This was a couple days ago and it's worked perfectly since then. I still don't understand what could have caused the problem, but I hope it does not come back.
m
l
a b C Monitor
September 13, 2010 10:33:27 PM

It could be a heat issue.
m
l
!