Random Stuck key and double click

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Hey everyone, I have an odd problem. Seemingly randomly my keyboard will "hold down a key" when I let go of it or double click my mouse when I single click. I immediately thought it was a hardware issue so I removed the USB hub I had the mouse and keyboard in, same result. I replaced both the mouse and keyboard with another usb keyboard and mouse, same result. I replaced the keyboard with a PS/2 keyboard, same result. I uninstalled the last 10 pieces of software I've installed, same result. I'm completely at a loss as to what's causing this.

Here's my PC:

Mini-ITX motherboard, not sure of model off the top of my head.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3Ghz
4GB DDR2 800
1GB Geforce GTX 460 (850/1700/1900)
160GB Intel 320 Series SSD (OS/Important Apps)
250GB WD HDD (Internal) (Games)
1TB WD HDD (External) (Backup)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Problem has existed for at least a month, maybe 2 and it's driving me crazy at this point. If anyone has a similar experience and knows what could possibly be causing this I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009

1. No, purchased from Buy.com when I built the PC.

2. No, the amount of effort I'd have to go through to get everything back to how it is would be enormous.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
All of those settings are on the default. Using a program called Passmark Keyboard Test the mouse double click is nearly instant (aka inhumanly possible) and the keys getting held is for an indefinite amount of time until I press another key. I can't describe it any way other than it feels like the peripherals are out of sync with the PC and when it reaches a certain threshold and I happen to be pressing a key or clicking the mouse, it inputs it twice (mouse), or doesn't send the release key command (keyboard)