Compaq Ipaq 3970 issues....

Hi - just wondered if there was any news regarding:

a. The alarm problem following upgrade to 2003 ie not working unless device
turned on

b. No icon in the Programs folder following Messenger 2003 upgrade - the app
works Ok if launched from the windows folder.....

Thanks!

On the seventh day, Mark A wrote...

> Hi - just wondered if there was any news regarding:
>
> a. The alarm problem following upgrade to 2003 ie not working unless device
> turned on

There is a patch available AFAIK, though not from Microsoft. Has something
to do with events. Best thing to get is SPB Pocket Plus which handles the
issue automatically. Has loads of addons, too, and is well worth the money.

> b. No icon in the Programs folder following Messenger 2003 upgrade - the app
> works Ok if launched from the windows folder.....

Easily circumvailable - just open the file explorer, navigate to the
windows folder, tap and hold the program file to which you want to get a
shortcut and select copy. Navigate to the \windows\startmenu\programs
folder, tap and select paste as shortcut. There you go.

BTW: For such questions, you're better off in a designated Pocket PC group.

Country song: If You Don't Leave Me Alone, I'll Go And Find
Someone Else Who Will