Can I as the administrator access my daughters' desktop when they have their
profile logins password protected? Today my daughter had a video playing on
her profile in media player (23 minutes long) and I could not stop it because
I could not get into her passworded account. The audio from speakers drove
me crazy trying to figure out where it was coming from.

Thanks - D. Cervoni

Arthur

The Administrator can go into accounts and change, or render usless any
account

"D. Cervoni" <DCervoni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I as the administrator access my daughters' desktop when they have
> their
> profile logins password protected? Today my daughter had a video playing
> on
> her profile in media player (23 minutes long) and I could not stop it
> because
> I could not get into her passworded account. The audio from speakers
> drove
> me crazy trying to figure out where it was coming from.
>
> Thanks - D. Cervoni

Is there not a volume control knob located on one of the speakers?
If an account is password-protected, only the owner of the account
can access the account....with the correct password.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"D. Cervoni" wrote:

| Can I as the administrator access my daughters' desktop when they have their
| profile logins password protected? Today my daughter had a video playing on
| her profile in media player (23 minutes long) and I could not stop it because
| I could not get into her passworded account. The audio from speakers drove
| me crazy trying to figure out where it was coming from.
|
| Thanks - D. Cervoni

Thanks for the responses. For clarity, turning off the speakers was not an
option since the work I was doing required sound. I did restart the computer
to stop the video from playing. I had hoped there was a way of getting into
the profile without having to change her password which I would never do
unless it was absolutely crucial to get into her account.

Thanks again for the responses.