What's up with pin designers selling off stuff lately??

First the Steve Ritchie Elvis pin and then I see this today ..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6195575457&category=13727&rd=1

Would certainly be cool to have but I would be more inclined to frame it vs.
putting in the pin itself.

Oh well just seems odd seeing stuff pop up from the pin designers themselves
all of the sudden.

Greg
19 answers Last reply
More about what designers selling stuff lately

    >Oh well just seems odd seeing stuff pop up from the >pin designers themselves all of the sudden.

    SR explained this a little while ago- he stated that to them, it was a
    job. They kept some stuff and sell the rest off to clear out the house.

    SR sold most of his pins, his drafting table, parts, etc...
    The AG&C guys sold off a lot of boards and test fixures
    JT was selling his HUO creature stuff...

    Kirb

    Maybe our "Dream Job" doesnt pay worth a damn...and they need the
    money!

    Barry - NY

    maybe Mark and Steve are gathering funds like Wayne did and are planning on
    starting a new pinball company.

    Fish Tales II.
    ST:WHATEVER IS CURRNET

    hell yeah!
    Dan

    Greg S wrote:
    > First the Steve Ritchie Elvis pin and then I see this today ..
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6195575457&category=13727&rd=1
    >
    > Would certainly be cool to have but I would be more inclined to frame it vs.
    > putting in the pin itself.
    >
    > Oh well just seems odd seeing stuff pop up from the pin designers themselves
    > all of the sudden.

    Taxes are a bitch in Illinois. :(

    They always have sold or given stuff. It's their job, not necessarily their
    hobby. And for some of the people who gave their all for the industry and
    are no longer in it, there may be hard feelings towards having reminders
    around. LTG :)

    "Greg S" <gshanes@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > First the Steve Ritchie Elvis pin and then I see this today ..

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6195575457&category=13727&rd=1

    > Would certainly be cool to have but I would be more inclined to frame it
    vs.
    > putting in the pin itself.
    >
    > Oh well just seems odd seeing stuff pop up from the pin designers
    themselves
    > all of the sudden.
    >
    > Greg

    All too true Korn and lets not forget our wonderful
    tollways!

    Welcome to Illinois-------Pay toll ahead.

    Mike

    >Hehe...everytime I travel up 294 with the kids, they all fight over who gets
    >to throw the coins into the "urinal"! :-)

    I miss the chance to get rid of all my pennies since I upgraded to
    ipass.

    urinal indeed.

    Kirb

    I know what you mean Kirb, no Ipass and you get to pay
    twice as much now!

    I feel sorry for the out-of-towners like Mike S.

    Mike

    Mike,

    If its getting rid of money thats a problem, stop by my house, I will
    put all my machines on $2 per game!

    Every 5 mintutes----I liked that!

    Mike

    Mike Schudel wrote:
    > > All too true Korn and lets not forget our wonderful
    > > tollways!
    > >
    > > Welcome to Illinois-------Pay toll ahead.
    >
    > Hehe...everytime I travel up 294 with the kids, they all fight over who gets
    > to throw the coins into the "urinal"! :-)

    If you ever want to get through an illinois toll booth for free, do
    this:

    Pull up, and throw *something* into the basket. When the machine
    doesn't lift the gate, start yelling at the machine and start beating
    the urinal with your fist. Eventually you'll attract the attention of
    a tollway worker, who will walk over and hit the button to raise the
    gate. :) (Usually yelling something incomprehendable like
    "DOANDEWDAT!" or "UZZAMATTUH?" or "CHOUT!!".)

    This chain of events has happened to me TWICE, so I think it's standard
    operating procedure. Honestly, both times I threw in $0.40 (before the
    price doubling caused me to get an ass-pass), but the machine (for SOME
    reason) just didn't count it.

    Then again, I'm ALSO the guy who got out of his car, walked PAST the
    car ahead of me, up BESIDE the car that was currently in the booth and
    whipped a quarter into the machine. Apparently the cheese heads were
    too f'n stupid to pound on the urinal. :)

    Ahhhh...

    The best kept secret of the Illinois Tollway is....NECCO WAFERS!

    You can buy a sleeve of these chalky useless old time candies for about
    $.50.

    They are about the size shape and thickness of a quarter and work in
    unmanned toll booths. If you get a hungry toll booth operator they
    might even work in the manned booths ;)

    Heard this on Steve Dahl many years ago and tried it myself. I was
    stunned to see that it worked!

    You have to slide them gently down the trough but I swear I got the
    gate to raise....I died laughing.

    The way I see it, I have paid my share of tolls and the coin collector
    dude gets a nice treat when he empties the hopper. That's a Win-Win in
    my book!

    >The way I see it, I have paid my share of tolls and the coin collector
    >dude gets a nice treat when he empties the hopper. That's a Win-Win in
    >my book!

    I'd hate to meet the toll booth worker who would eat a toll booth
    mint....

    Kirb

    >I know what you mean Kirb, no Ipass and you get to
    >pay twice as much now!

    I guess it would be two handfuls of pennies now instead of one. I had
    it metered to be $0.45 +/- .05.

    >I feel sorry for the out-of-towners like Mike S.

    I'm just as much of an out of towner as Mike S. I just liked going
    through a 10' wide lane with an 6' wide truck at 50 MPH.

    With gas prices the way they are, it is almost cheaper to take the
    Muskegon to Milwaukee ferry.

    Kirb

    Yes but those wafers can break as you eluded to. I was driving limos
    years ago and one of the other drivers did this and the gate didn't go
    up. The lane walker(that's what the guys who walk around out there are
    called, I know because I have done that job as well...) came over and
    looked at the viewer in the back where you can see what was thrown in
    and he called the state cops and this guy got reamed. Don't recall if
    it was just fines and tickets or worse but he definitely lost his job!

    Al

    Ah, the stories I remember from my lane walker days...priceless.

    skbrothers@comcast.net wrote:
    > Ahhhh...
    >
    > The best kept secret of the Illinois Tollway is....NECCO WAFERS!
    >
    > You can buy a sleeve of these chalky useless old time candies for about
    > $.50.
    >
    > They are about the size shape and thickness of a quarter and work in
    > unmanned toll booths. If you get a hungry toll booth operator they
    > might even work in the manned booths ;)
    >
    > Heard this on Steve Dahl many years ago and tried it myself. I was
    > stunned to see that it worked!
    >
    > You have to slide them gently down the trough but I swear I got the
    > gate to raise....I died laughing.
    >
    > The way I see it, I have paid my share of tolls and the coin collector
    > dude gets a nice treat when he empties the hopper. That's a Win-Win in
    > my book!

    >maybe Mark and Steve are gathering funds like Wayne did and are planning on
    >starting a new pinball company.

    >Fish Tales II.
    >ST:WHATEVER IS CURRNET

    >hell yeah!
    >Dan

    That audible guffawing sound you hear is Steve and Mark, on the phone
    together, laughing their collective posteriors off at this notion.
    Steve can't stop laughing through his tears, and it's giving Mark the
    hiccups. ;)

    Aron

    Sure, $200 can launch one heck of a company.

    GRY

    --
    Mike S.
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

    > I feel sorry for the out-of-towners like Mike S.

    Don't feel sorry for me please! I love to get rid of spare change and it
    gives the kids something to look forward to every 5 minutes! :-)

    --
    Mike S.
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

    .... to continue the kidnapping of this thread. At manned booths it's fun to
    pay for the car behind you. The operators have a good laugh and the
    following car is baffled... especially if your on the east coast... unless
    of course the car is filled with babes... then they just glo

    I'll have to take some Necco wafers to SS Billiards next time... just foolin
    Lloyd.

Games Video Games