What's wrong with this Sorcerer

wow, too bad. Halifax (or funtime happy playfields or whatever the name
is) did talk about making Sorcerer playfields so that should hopefuly
save games like this. Definetely not worth it for 1600.

-c

Do you suppose that the cost of all the black paint is what drove up
the asking price? My Sorcerer has wear, but I would prefer worn
graphics to that paint job. By the way, if Sorcerer playfields are
remade, I will be first in line (probably next to Korn)

Ron

Ron Donohue wrote:
> Do you suppose that the cost of all the black paint is what drove up
> the asking price? My Sorcerer has wear, but I would prefer worn
> graphics to that paint job. By the way, if Sorcerer playfields are
> remade, I will be first in line (probably next to Korn)

You're THIRD in line. I'm occupying positions one and two. :)

(And that Sorcerer has a faded cabinet, to boot!)

David

TheKorn@TheKorn.net wrote:
> Ron Donohue wrote:
>
>>Do you suppose that the cost of all the black paint is what drove up
>>the asking price? My Sorcerer has wear, but I would prefer worn
>>graphics to that paint job. By the way, if Sorcerer playfields are
>>remade, I will be first in line (probably next to Korn)
>

> You're THIRD in line. I'm occupying positions one and two. :)
>
> (And that Sorcerer has a faded cabinet, to boot!)

.... sorry boys I'm number one in line ... you guys can battle over 2nd
and third!

David

Tests? What sort of tests? Maybe, test to see if it floats, populated
or unpopulated? Or test to see if it fades when you leave it out in the
sun? Maybe, test to see if sandpaper will wear down the surface? How
about, test to see if you can use it as a pinball playfield? Sorry I'm
waxing sarcastic, but I don't get it. I'm going to have a nice
thrashed one available after I do the swap with the one I just won on
ebay, but I'm not sure if I'll do any testing with it. Maybe I'll do
with it what I did with my old Firepower 2 PF - make a coffee table out
of it. Then I can "test" the market to see if there is one for these
unique and quite cool pieces of game room furniture. (Although mine is
in my living room...the really cool part of it is that my remotes are
unbacklit and the lights from the PF illuminate them enough to see) As
for the one shown in this thread, it boggles the mind to think someone
would just paint over the sorcerer on the upper PF- I mean, the plastic
over the targets looks really stupid without the graphic that leads
into it. It's not THAT intricate of a PF - In fact, I'll probably do a
partial restore on the old one before slapping legs and lights onto it,
even though I have already partially obscured portions of it by using a
surface leveling filler to attempt to fill the major divots and wear.
But when I got it, the lower sorcerer's hat and beard were already worn
completely away, so it's not like I destroyed some perfect example or
anything....

Hey Greg,

Speaking of, I try to watch out here on rpg for your upcoming repros
and news, but I'm never certain I'm catching them all in a timely
manner. Is there a better way I can stay aware of what you're doing so
I don't miss an opportunity to put my name on your list?

I was thrilled with my Fathom repro, and would certainly not want to
miss any time-critical deadlines.

Thanks, Quentin

David IS one in line and there is a good chance he will eventually get one
even if I only make one of them. It is a great playfield to do tests with...

Greg

"David" <djwoods@uoguelph.ca> wrote in message
> TheKorn@TheKorn.net wrote:
>> Ron Donohue wrote:
>>
>>>Do you suppose that the cost of all the black paint is what drove up
>>>the asking price? My Sorcerer has wear, but I would prefer worn
>>>graphics to that paint job. By the way, if Sorcerer playfields are
>>>remade, I will be first in line (probably next to Korn)
>>

>> You're THIRD in line. I'm occupying positions one and two. :)
>>
>> (And that Sorcerer has a faded cabinet, to boot!)
>>

> ... sorry boys I'm number one in line ... you guys can battle over 2nd and
> third!
>
> David

I used the Sorcerer file to test a CNC machine that a guy had set up.
(Discovered that the guy had no clue what he was doing) and I'll be using
the artwork to test print on a few things.

You have a playfield that is worn through? Hold on to it. I might be able to
reprint all your graphics onto the playfield for you. Just as a test...

Greg

"deafdumb&blindboy" <ilduchi1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Tests? What sort of tests? Maybe, test to see if it floats, populated
> or unpopulated? Or test to see if it fades when you leave it out in the
> sun? Maybe, test to see if sandpaper will wear down the surface? How
> about, test to see if you can use it as a pinball playfield? Sorry I'm
> waxing sarcastic, but I don't get it. I'm going to have a nice
> thrashed one available after I do the swap with the one I just won on
> ebay, but I'm not sure if I'll do any testing with it. Maybe I'll do
> with it what I did with my old Firepower 2 PF - make a coffee table out
> of it. Then I can "test" the market to see if there is one for these
> unique and quite cool pieces of game room furniture. (Although mine is
> in my living room...the really cool part of it is that my remotes are
> unbacklit and the lights from the PF illuminate them enough to see) As
> for the one shown in this thread, it boggles the mind to think someone
> would just paint over the sorcerer on the upper PF- I mean, the plastic
> over the targets looks really stupid without the graphic that leads
> into it. It's not THAT intricate of a PF - In fact, I'll probably do a
> partial restore on the old one before slapping legs and lights onto it,
> even though I have already partially obscured portions of it by using a
> surface leveling filler to attempt to fill the major divots and wear.
> But when I got it, the lower sorcerer's hat and beard were already worn
> completely away, so it's not like I destroyed some perfect example or
> anything....

Hasn't been anything really to show or tell other than thousands of dollars
going out of my pockets to try to get the ball rolling on things. A few
people telling lies and backstabbing and slandering me but I guess that is
just the way those people work. The actions of a few individuals have
prevented any new playfields from being produced and I sometimes wonder if
they ever will be done because of this.
I just try to remember that it is supposed to be a hobby. If/when it happens
you will know...

Greg

"qfrost" <qfrost@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hey Greg,
>
> Speaking of, I try to watch out here on rpg for your upcoming repros
> and news, but I'm never certain I'm catching them all in a timely
> manner. Is there a better way I can stay aware of what you're doing so
> I don't miss an opportunity to put my name on your list?
>
> I was thrilled with my Fathom repro, and would certainly not want to
> miss any time-critical deadlines.
>
> Thanks, Quentin

TRENDING THREADS