tara

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

Can anyone tell me how I can prevent IE windows in gaining focus. I have XP
Pro SP2 . My taskbar already alarts me by blinking, but after about 3 or 4
blinks the window gains focus. This can be annoying when typing an email or
checking another site in another window.

Either the video card needs updating\changing or Monitor is on the way out

--
Peter

"tara" <tara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E658B1-08BA-454E-AEF1-EB14BD0088BE@microsoft.com...
> Can anyone tell me how I can prevent IE windows in gaining focus. I have XP
> Pro SP2 . My taskbar already alarts me by blinking, but after about 3 or 4
> blinks the window gains focus. This can be annoying when typing an email or
> checking another site in another window.

Hi I think you misunderstood the question.

I may be wrong but I think Tara was referring to the fact that the IE window
automatically comes to the front taking priority over all the open windows.

This is indeed very annoying as when typing a letter etc you have to stop in
mid flow, minimise the IE window, and find your place to begin typing again.

I too would like a solution. I've looked but cant seem to find where to
alter the priority.

:eek:)

Either the video card needs updating\changing or Monitor is on the way out

--

tara

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

Yes, exactly like Spikey says. Is there a register setting or something?

"Spikey" wrote:

> Hi I think you misunderstood the question.
>
> I may be wrong but I think Tara was referring to the fact that the IE window
> automatically comes to the front taking priority over all the open windows.
>
> This is indeed very annoying as when typing a letter etc you have to stop in
> mid flow, minimise the IE window, and find your place to begin typing again.
>
> I too would like a solution. I've looked but cant seem to find where to
> alter the priority.
>
> :eek:)
>
> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Either the video card needs updating\changing or Monitor is on the way out

Hi,
I haven't found this method to be completely reliable, but go to
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks2.htm then General Tweaks then look
for Prevent programs from stealing focus. Download and run the VBS file.

A workaround is to minimize the windows that you don't want to see.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]