How hard is it to find a working BH sound board?

Thinking of a machine that lacks the sound board. I have NO knowledge
of Gottlieb boards, though I have read through rpg referring to hard to
find speech board (non-export) chips?

THanks, Q

The System 80 Sound/Speech board was used in several other games, in
addition to BH.
The hard-to-find chip on the S/S board is the SC-01 voice chip.
I think they go for about $50 each now-a-days, so logically, a fully
working S/S board should expected to go for in excess of $50.

I *think* some (many?) other non-speech Sys 80 games used the S/S
board, but did not have the SC-01 socket populated. So I suppose you
could get one of these boards (i.e. from a HH) and a NOS SC-01... and
before you know it you'll be enjoying a monotonous "SHOOT CAPTIVE
HOLE."

df

Thanks. So it's not too difficult to GET an SC-01 chip?

- Q

Since you started this post expect a "working" board to appear on E-bay
very shortly, with a fairly high reserve, and a high "buy it now".

Unfortunately, we have hawks looking for a kill on this site. I'm
sorry, fine people looking for a business opportunity. I gotta stop
doing that!

Mario
Pinthetic

I know, I saw it before I posted. Don't know if you can see the SC01
chip, I'm not familiar with the layout....YET.

- Q

It's in the lower-left corner (if the board is oriented in the
"conventional" manner, as that photo appears to be).
It's in the corner opposite the heatsink... no matter which way you
turn it :)

df