dilligaf

I have a USB MICR Reader ( It is used for reading checks and credit cards )
and i use the accessibilitiy option in control panel to enable serial key
devices since the program has to go thru a virtual keyboard in order for the
MICR Reader to communicate with the program and in the accessibility options
you can only use com 1-4 since MS doesn't reconize anything above 4 for use
as a serial device. Nedless to say i need to know how to change com ports in
XP the device will take up to com port 18 but the serial devices above 4 any
help ????

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:14:03 -0700, "Dilligaf"
<Dilligaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a USB MICR Reader ( It is used for reading checks and credit cards )
>and i use the accessibilitiy option in control panel to enable serial key
>devices since the program has to go thru a virtual keyboard in order for the
>MICR Reader to communicate with the program and in the accessibility options
>you can only use com 1-4 since MS doesn't reconize anything above 4 for use
>as a serial device. Nedless to say i need to know how to change com ports in
>XP the device will take up to com port 18 but the serial devices above 4 any
>help ????

Get a docking station or a dedicated serial-to-USB cable. IIRC
Staples sells the latter for a few tens of dollars; but you can do
better by searching the Internet.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."