Sign in with
Your question

Samsung P2370H...ghosting

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 14, 2010 3:30:28 PM

have a Samsung P2370H and I'm experiencing a ton of ghosting even with the response time set to fastest. It's supposed to be a 2ms monitor and many reviews I looked at before I purchased it said there was no ghosting, yet here I am barely being able to play FPSes on my new rig without huge headaches.

Do I have a lemon? What can I do to try and make it better? I downloaded a ghosting tester called pixperan. I had no problems with it at all on my CRT but many of the tests were complete failures on this monitor. Help!

And what's a monitor that WON'T ghost for ~$350 :pfff: 
a b C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
September 14, 2010 9:28:18 PM

After taking a look around, I didn't see anything about ghosting either. You may have a lemon. If you bought it recently, I'd recommend returning it and perhaps trying another or going with a completely different monitor.
m
l
a c 195 C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
September 15, 2010 4:05:43 AM

There is no ghosting in CRT monitors, only LCD monitors. It is the limitation of the technology itself.

While you may have a "lemon", you also need to realize that are can be subtle differences in how people's brain processes images the eyes transmit to it. You may be more prone to seeing ghosting than other.

Have a couple of people watch you play a game to determine if they can also see the same issues as you. I really doubt you are overly sensitive to ghosting, but it is quick and easy to find out. It is likely you have a "lemon" though.

m
l
Related resources
September 15, 2010 1:47:32 PM

Is there any objective way to see if it's a lemon?
m
l
a b C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
September 16, 2010 12:01:18 AM

Ineed. Just follow jaguarskx's recommendation to see if there is ghosting going on.
m
l
!