I've been using Eudora for many many moons

Today, I can't get any messages
All I get is error 10053-timeout or other failure
or 10054-connection reset by remote side

So, I try to set up email using outlook
That gives me error 0x800cccof-server responded +ok 1243 octets
(whatever that means)

firewall - zone alarm
winxp

any ideas? - I don't have a clue

--
<<< Benjamin Yazersky CPA [NJ & NY] >>>
---> real address on hobokenx or hobokeni <---

"Benjamin Yazersky CPA" <BYaz55DoNotHitReply@netscape.net> wrote in message

> I've been using Eudora for many many moons
>
> Today, I can't get any messages
> All I get is error 10053-timeout or other failure
> or 10054-connection reset by remote side
>
> So, I try to set up email using outlook
> That gives me error 0x800cccof-server responded +ok 1243 octets
> (whatever that means)
>
> firewall - zone alarm
> winxp
>

> any ideas? - I don't have a clue
>

> --
> <<< Benjamin Yazersky CPA [NJ & NY] >>>
> ---> real address on hobokenx or hobokeni <---

ps-turned off zone alarm - no difference

Malke

Benjamin Yazersky CPA wrote:

> "Benjamin Yazersky CPA" <BYaz55DoNotHitReply@netscape.net> wrote in
> message news:%239ka3lPrFHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>
>> I've been using Eudora for many many moons
>>
>> Today, I can't get any messages
>> All I get is error 10053-timeout or other failure
>> or 10054-connection reset by remote side
>>
>> So, I try to set up email using outlook
>> That gives me error 0x800cccof-server responded +ok 1243 octets
>> (whatever that means)
>>
>> firewall - zone alarm
>> winxp

> ps-turned off zone alarm - no difference

Have you contacted your ISP? Perhaps they made some changes server-side
that you missed (or they didn't tell you)? Perhaps they are having
network problems? At least rule out mail server problems before you go
messing around in your own system.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Disable you AV email scanner. You will still be protected.

--
Peter

"Benjamin Yazersky CPA" <BYaz55DoNotHitReply@netscape.net> wrote in message news:%239ka3lPrFHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

> I've been using Eudora for many many moons
>
> Today, I can't get any messages
> All I get is error 10053-timeout or other failure
> or 10054-connection reset by remote side
>
> So, I try to set up email using outlook
> That gives me error 0x800cccof-server responded +ok 1243 octets
> (whatever that means)
>
> firewall - zone alarm
> winxp
>

> any ideas? - I don't have a clue
>

> --
> <<< Benjamin Yazersky CPA [NJ & NY] >>>
> ---> real address on hobokenx or hobokeni <---

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Monday 29 August 2005 05:31 pm, Benjamin Yazersky
CPA had this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> "Benjamin Yazersky CPA" <BYaz55DoNotHitReply@netscape.net> wrote in
> message news:%239ka3lPrFHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>
>> I've been using Eudora for many many moons
>>
>> Today, I can't get any messages
>> All I get is error 10053-timeout or other failure
>> or 10054-connection reset by remote side
>>
>> So, I try to set up email using outlook
>> That gives me error 0x800cccof-server responded +ok 1243 octets
>> (whatever that means)
>>
>> firewall - zone alarm
>> winxp
>>

>> any ideas? - I don't have a clue
>>

>> --
>> <<< Benjamin Yazersky CPA [NJ & NY] >>>
>> ---> real address on hobokenx or hobokeni <---
>>

> ps-turned off zone alarm - no difference

MickeyMouse offers 8 possible solutions to your problem. All of them require
much screwing around without any guarantees of success when trying to
figure out which is the possible problem ...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

Have fun! Just another example of how inept Windoze is when it comes to
itemizing errors and possible fixes. Then again, we all know what an easy
O/S Windoze is to use. :)

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
additional protection and even Symantec says it's not necessary:

<paste>
Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that
are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect scans
incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including email and
email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on top of this. To
make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, keep
Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to ensure that you have
the most recent virus definitions.
</paste>
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2002111812533106

Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL and OE
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Benjamin Yazersky CPA wrote:
> I've been using Eudora for many many moons
>
> Today, I can't get any messages
> All I get is error 10053-timeout or other failure
> or 10054-connection reset by remote side
>
> So, I try to set up email using outlook
> That gives me error 0x800cccof-server responded +ok 1243 octets
> (whatever that means)
>
> firewall - zone alarm
> winxp
>

> any ideas? - I don't have a clue

Gordon

"-rwxrw-r--" <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote in message
> begin trojan.vbs

You DO realise that Outlook Express isn't fooled any more by your pathetic
attempt to crash it?

What a loser!

tried contacting isp
they could do no more than
call your computer mfr
call your firewall software co
call your anitvirus software co

--
<<< Benjamin Yazersky CPA [NJ & NY] >>>
---> real address on hobokenx or hobokeni <---

>>> I've been using Eudora for many many moons
>>>
>>> Today, I can't get any messages
>>> All I get is error 10053-timeout or other failure
>>> or 10054-connection reset by remote side
>>>
>>> So, I try to set up email using outlook
>>> That gives me error 0x800cccof-server responded +ok 1243 octets
>>> (whatever that means)
>>>
>>> firewall - zone alarm
>>> winxp
>

>> ps-turned off zone alarm - no difference
>
> Have you contacted your ISP? Perhaps they made some changes server-side
> that you missed (or they didn't tell you)? Perhaps they are having
> network problems? At least rule out mail server problems before you go
> messing around in your own system.
>
> Malke

Disable you AV email scanner. You will still be protected.

did that - no help

--
Peter

> I've been using Eudora for many many moons
>
> Today, I can't get any messages
> All I get is error 10053-timeout or other failure
> or 10054-connection reset by remote side
>
> So, I try to set up email using outlook
> That gives me error 0x800cccof-server responded +ok 1243 octets
> (whatever that means)
>
> firewall - zone alarm
> winxp
>

> any ideas? - I don't have a clue
>

> --
> <<< Benjamin Yazersky CPA [NJ & NY] >>>
> ---> real address on hobokenx or hobokeni <---

been doing exactly that for a long time - for the same reasons you gave
so thats not my problem

--

> [...]

> > top of this. To make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum
> > protection, keep Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to
> > ensure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
> > </paste>
> > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2002111812533106
> >
> > Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL
> > and OE
> >
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
> >
> > Benjamin Yazersky CPA wrote:
> > > I've been using Eudora for many many moons
> > >
> > > Today, I can't get any messages
> > > All I get is error 10053-timeout or other failure
> > > or 10054-connection reset by remote side
> > >
> > > So, I try to set up email using outlook
> > > That gives me error 0x800cccof-server responded +ok 1243 octets

The answer was deserving.

--
Peter

"PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e7D%23CYdrFHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL and
>> OE
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
>
> Benjamin Yazersky CPA wrote:
>> been doing exactly that for a long time - for the same reasons you gave
>> so thats not my problem
>>

>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
>> > additional protection and even Symantec says it's not necessary:
>> >
>> > <paste>
>> > Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses
>> > that are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect
>> > scans incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including
>> > email and email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on
>> > top of this. To make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum
>> > protection, keep Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to
>> > ensure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
>> > </paste>
>> > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2002111812533106
>> >
>> > Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL
>> > and OE
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
>> >
>> > --
>> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP

Then the only other possibility being is . And that should fix it

--
Peter

"Benjamin Yazersky CPA" <BYaz55DoNotHitReply@netscape.net> wrote in message news:OP6gnoPrFHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> "Benjamin Yazersky CPA" <BYaz55DoNotHitReply@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I've been using Eudora for many many moons
>>
>> Today, I can't get any messages
>> All I get is error 10053-timeout or other failure
>> or 10054-connection reset by remote side
>>
>> So, I try to set up email using outlook
>> That gives me error 0x800cccof-server responded +ok 1243 octets
>> (whatever that means)
>>
>> firewall - zone alarm
>> winxp
>>

>> any ideas? - I don't have a clue
>>

>> --
>> <<< Benjamin Yazersky CPA [NJ & NY] >>>
>> ---> real address on hobokenx or hobokeni <---
>>

> ps-turned off zone alarm - no difference

<eg> And it /is/ his problem cos it certainly ain't mine.