taskbar lock on left side is odd

August 29, 2005 9:34:29 PM

I have locked my taskbar on the left margin (vertically), and unfortunately,
some programs and windows have a tendency to open "under" the taskbar (at
least partially obstructed). Any solution that I am missing here?
--
Boris
Anonymous

Right click on the taskbar>unlock it>drag to the original position.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

BorisS wrote:

> I have locked my taskbar on the left margin (vertically), and unfortunately,
> some programs and windows have a tendency to open "under" the taskbar (at
> least partially obstructed). Any solution that I am missing here?
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 10:33:22 AM

Sorry, I should have made clear the fact that I LIKE the bar on the left
side. I just don't like that when the bar is at bottom and locked, Windows
seems to know that it is not supposed to put anything under it when opening.
When it's on the left, it doesn't seem to know that. So my question was
whether I can leave it on the left, but force Windows to NOT open up windows
under there.
--
Boris

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> Right click on the taskbar>unlock it>drag to the original position.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> BorisS wrote:
>
> > I have locked my taskbar on the left margin (vertically), and unfortunately,
> > some programs and windows have a tendency to open "under" the taskbar (at
> > least partially obstructed). Any solution that I am missing here?

Anonymous
August 30, 2005 10:41:13 AM

Right click on the taskbar>unlock it>drag to the original position>After
that lock the taskbar.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

!