taskbar lock on left side is odd

I have locked my taskbar on the left margin (vertically), and unfortunately,
some programs and windows have a tendency to open "under" the taskbar (at
least partially obstructed). Any solution that I am missing here?
--
Boris
3 answers Last reply

    Right click on the taskbar>unlock it>drag to the original position.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    BorisS wrote:

    > I have locked my taskbar on the left margin (vertically), and unfortunately,
    > some programs and windows have a tendency to open "under" the taskbar (at
    > least partially obstructed). Any solution that I am missing here?

    Sorry, I should have made clear the fact that I LIKE the bar on the left
    side. I just don't like that when the bar is at bottom and locked, Windows
    seems to know that it is not supposed to put anything under it when opening.
    When it's on the left, it doesn't seem to know that. So my question was
    whether I can leave it on the left, but force Windows to NOT open up windows
    under there.
    --
    Boris

    "S.Sengupta" wrote:

    > Right click on the taskbar>unlock it>drag to the original position.
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > BorisS wrote:
    >
    > > I have locked my taskbar on the left margin (vertically), and unfortunately,
    > > some programs and windows have a tendency to open "under" the taskbar (at
    > > least partially obstructed). Any solution that I am missing here?

    Right click on the taskbar>unlock it>drag to the original position>After
    that lock the taskbar.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP
    BorisS wrote:

    > I have locked my taskbar on the left margin (vertically), and unfortunately,
    > some programs and windows have a tendency to open "under" the taskbar (at
    > least partially obstructed). Any solution that I am missing here?

Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP