Prescott benched!!! result are not pretty....

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
Yup they're here the PRESCOTT ARE HERE

<A HREF="http://oc.com.tw/article/0309/readgoodarticle.asp?id=1969" target="_new">http://oc.com.tw/article/0309/readgoodarticle.asp?id=1969</A>

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5950ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
waiting for aBox~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
okay i'll translate some part for u guys

the roadmaps "lunch" = "launch"

The taiwanese manufactors are starting to develop fix for the Prescott compatibality problem.

the prescott looks the same as the current northwoods except the back.

right now because of mobo prescott support problem, the performance in this bench can varie from 10% to 30% difference also the SSE 3 performance haven't been tested as well.

poppy is right... at a 24C room(air conditioned) with a 6500RPM fan and a cooler master all aluminum heatsink with heat pipe. The prescott can bearly go under 70C in full load.

The Prescott will be released on 2003/12/3 and the current benchmark should be just for reference because of mobo support problem.....

120% nVidia Fanboy

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
sure it can, use an online translator, even if you can't read the whole thing by looking at the pictures you can get a good idea of what happens. More benchies will be necissary to see if the prescott really sux THAT bad.

Proud owner of DOS 3.3 :smile:

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
i thought the prescotts will look all cool, i guess not :p

it's is really hot though........

and the benchmarks should be just for REFERENCE ONLY

120% nVidia Fanboy

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
*yawn*

Yes, yes...

Don't you remember the many previews on A64 that actually led us to believe that it was nothing special? Anandtech's one, for instance... Then came the 2.2Ghz A64, and it is <i>good</i>...

So let's just wait and see, shall we, gentlemen?

(this comes from watching "the league of extraordinary gentlemen"...)

:evil: <font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
i wanna see that movie :D:D:D

well... this is the only Prescott one i have seen recently..... i donno about anywhere else

120% nVidia Fanboy

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
well... this is the only Prescott one i have seen recently..... i donno about anywhere else
Yes, exactly... It would be wise to just wait right now. I was under the impression that A64 wouldn't be the performer it turned out to be... And I learn from my mistakes. It would take far more than that to convince me that Scotty will not keep Intel in the game...

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
hmmm funny how when the first A64 benchmark leaked everyone went crazy... and now the first prescott benchmark leaked and everyone's like

"meh"

120% nVidia Fanboy

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
464 ][$ 73|-| |_337 |*0\/\/|\|z0|2 !!111!!!!!

let me guess, i don't understand the benchmarks in that site so so so so much.

<b><font color=purple>
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind.
</font color=purple></b>
---
<A HREF="http://www.mapua.edu.ph/" target="_new">
MIT
</A>

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
the 775-pin Prescott should help them boosts the performance of their cpu's. The first two prescott to come this dec. 3rd are still based on 478-pin.

<b><font color=purple>
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind.
</font color=purple></b>
---
<A HREF="http://www.mapua.edu.ph/" target="_new">
MIT
</A>

G

actually, most previews I saw of hammer looked pretty damn impressive. It was obvious there was an AGP issue though, so one shouldnt look too hard at the gaming benches, but other than that, I was not surprised at all.

As for prescott; I wouldnt hold my breath. Maybe not because of this preview, but even intel themselves stated the P4EE would be "the fastest performing cpu <b>any</b> company would release this year". Surely they didnt forget their own prescott.. ? that pretty much proves to me prescott will be inbetween a regular northwood and a P4EE on a per clock comparison.

Prescotts biggest trumph is just its .09 process which will allow cheaper production; but I wouldnt expect major performance improvements until Tejas.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Coolsquirtle, here's the thing: I learned something. I though A64 wouldn't be as powerful as it is, and I was the first to say "A64 won't be such a big deal". But it is. Now Scotty benches (one or two, mind you) are out, and I'm not willing to make the same mistake twice. It's called learning!

It has <i>nothing</i> to do with AMD or Intel! Stop looking for biases when there are none...

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
775-pin Prescott should help them boosts the performance of their cpu's
How? I thought the 775 pin prescott was just supposed to be able to cope with the higher electrical draw of the higher clocked prescotts, but other than that i really dont see how it will boost cpu performance.

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a procesor
110% BX fanboy