Sign in with
Your question

Suing hp from getting a burn on my leg

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
March 23, 2010 8:37:41 PM

how get can I file a lawsuit for my laptop burning my leg? I have taking pictures.

Justin Mitchell
Justinbmitchell@gmail.com

More about : suing burn leg

a b D Laptop
March 23, 2010 8:53:02 PM

You can't file a lawsuit with sentences like that, nor can you do it on a tech forum. Why don't you contact a lawyer?

Also, don't post your email in an open public forum.
m
l
March 23, 2010 9:26:52 PM

Also, I'm fairly certain that somewhere in their license agreement is a clause saying "Do not block the flow of air to the fans", which is pretty much the #1 cause of such heat.
m
l
Related resources
March 24, 2010 12:25:58 AM

I am also sure it probably says somewhere in it that you should not place or use the laptop on bare skin...so trying to sue HP or any laptop maker because the laptop gave you a sunburn would be a waste of time.
m
l
March 24, 2010 1:35:03 AM

can i sue you for being retarded and making me lose faith in humanity?

you are everything that is wrong with the world.
m
l
March 24, 2010 11:47:54 AM

Quote:
how get can I file a lawsuit for my laptop burning my leg? I have taking pictures.

Justin Mitchell

You have better chance of winning if you sue the people who replied to this thread... excluding me of course... :) 
m
l
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
March 24, 2010 1:39:30 PM

You should sue your parents who wer stupid enough to concieve you! :lol: 
m
l
March 24, 2010 2:01:04 PM

Quote:

Justin Mitchell

Justin. If you put any notebook on your leg (bare skin or not) for a prolonged period of time you will get a burn mark. Doesn't matter if its HP, Dell, Toshiba, or any other brand. my advise to you is to get a tray or table or something to put the laptop on if you want to set it on your lap. As for the lawsuit idea, you can try but i believe it's a waste of time. You will still have to pay the lawyer and you probably won't win. But good luck with that.
m
l
September 4, 2010 11:46:32 PM

I disagree. I believe Justin has a case. I don't own a laptop, but know others that do and have burn marks as well. I am going to look into finding a lawyer that is willing TAKE ON this case. I know it will and can happen.
Doesn't matter that they may have warnings in laptops. They have warnings for cellphones, for driving a car, for blow dryers, etc. Get my drift?
This warning regarding the laptops came out LATE. That's right.

These people who have burn marks from their laptops do have legal recourse.
m
l
November 25, 2012 1:02:04 PM

Mishy said:
I disagree. I believe Justin has a case. I don't own a laptop, but know others that do and have burn marks as well. I am going to look into finding a lawyer that is willing TAKE ON this case. I know it will and can happen.
Doesn't matter that they may have warnings in laptops. They have warnings for cellphones, for driving a car, for blow dryers, etc. Get my drift?
This warning regarding the laptops came out LATE. That's right.

These people who have burn marks from their laptops do have legal recourse.

What was the outcome of your finding?

m
l
November 25, 2012 1:09:53 PM

Companies like those need to be able to countersue for stupidity.

We need to just remove all the warning labels off things and let those who actually need sort themselves out.
m
l
!