Please Help!!!! Need Expert!!!!

OK heres the deal my girlfriends laptop will not startup. it gets to the
screen where you can choose where to boot from and then in the upper left
corner "ntdetect failed" appears for a split second and the whole process
starts over again. yes i know there is an easy way to solve this... just
restore use the windows xp restore disc hahaha way too easy. SHE LOST IT!!!
ok so its still the original OS that came on her laptop and i just cannot
figure out a way to restore this one file thats missing. i know there are
experts out there that can help. Please get her off my computer!!! i beg u!!!
3 answers Last reply
More about please help expert

    Have you got a Bootable AntiVirus disk?
    Some viruses will cause that behavior.

    --
    A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!

    Bradley519 wrote:

    > OK heres the deal my girlfriends laptop will not startup. it gets to the
    > screen where you can choose where to boot from and then in the upper left
    > corner "ntdetect failed" appears for a split second and the whole process
    > starts over again. yes i know there is an easy way to solve this... just
    > restore use the windows xp restore disc hahaha way too easy. SHE LOST IT!!!
    > ok so its still the original OS that came on her laptop and i just cannot
    > figure out a way to restore this one file thats missing. i know there are
    > experts out there that can help. Please get her off my computer!!! i beg u!!!

    Contact the laptop vender to get a replacement disk.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Here you go

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q242112/

    --
    Peter

    "Bradley519" <Bradley519@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF534E88-DE33-4161-8FAD-D65B305AB1CC@microsoft.com...
    > OK heres the deal my girlfriends laptop will not startup. it gets to the
    > screen where you can choose where to boot from and then in the upper left
    > corner "ntdetect failed" appears for a split second and the whole process
    > starts over again. yes i know there is an easy way to solve this... just
    > restore use the windows xp restore disc hahaha way too easy. SHE LOST IT!!!
    > ok so its still the original OS that came on her laptop and i just cannot
    > figure out a way to restore this one file thats missing. i know there are
    > experts out there that can help. Please get her off my computer!!! i beg u!!!

Laptops Windows XP