Editing the registry to change removable disk icons

Paul

Splendid

Hi all,

I've found out , that u can go here to edit what icons
appear for different things etc including removable
disks.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \
explorer \ Shell Icons

I see you can use 7 to change removable disk icons.

Can you use/add more than 1 7 here (in the registry), if u have more than 1
removable disk??

I've got an Ipod, a 7-1 internal USB2 card reader, and a usb key, I have the
icons I want to use (atm, I've created a shortcut on the desktop in XP for
these).

BUT would like the icons for them to appear in My computer. NOT on the
desktop. Can u do this??

It just saves me clogging up the desktop with a different icon for the same
device in My computer.

Any info appreciated

Thanx

Glen

This will let you do what you desire. http://www.phm.lu/Products/PC/Plus/
"Paul" <noone@myhouse.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've found out , that u can go here to edit what icons
> appear for different things etc including removable
> disks.
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \
> explorer \ Shell Icons
>
> I see you can use 7 to change removable disk icons.
>
> Can you use/add more than 1 7 here (in the registry), if u have more than
> 1 removable disk??
>
> I've got an Ipod, a 7-1 internal USB2 card reader, and a usb key, I have
> the icons I want to use (atm, I've created a shortcut on the desktop in XP
> for these).
>
> BUT would like the icons for them to appear in My computer. NOT on the
> desktop. Can u do this??
>
> It just saves me clogging up the desktop with a different icon for the
> same device in My computer.
>
> Any info appreciated
>
> Thanx

Paul

Splendid

I forgot to mention, I use StyleXP.

BUT I can't seem to find any themes etc, that include icons for removable
disks.

Or would anyone know where I could some kind of file for StyleXP that does
the same thing?? As well as an icon
for a digital camera. And a digital video cam.

"Paul" <noone@myhouse.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've found out , that u can go here to edit what icons
> appear for different things etc including removable
> disks.
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \
> explorer \ Shell Icons
>
> I see you can use 7 to change removable disk icons.
>
> Can you use/add more than 1 7 here (in the registry), if u have more than
> 1 removable disk??
>
> I've got an Ipod, a 7-1 internal USB2 card reader, and a usb key, I have
> the icons I want to use (atm, I've created a shortcut on the desktop in XP
> for these).
>
> BUT would like the icons for them to appear in My computer. NOT on the
> desktop. Can u do this??
>
> It just saves me clogging up the desktop with a different icon for the
> same device in My computer.
>
> Any info appreciated
>
> Thanx

Paul

Splendid

Thanx Glen, I'll check it out

Cheers

"Glen" <glenrobrts@_NOSPAM_mail.com> wrote in message
> This will let you do what you desire.
> http://www.phm.lu/Products/PC/Plus/
> "Paul" <noone@myhouse.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've found out , that u can go here to edit what icons
>> appear for different things etc including removable
>> disks.
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \
>> explorer \ Shell Icons
>>
>> I see you can use 7 to change removable disk icons.
>>
>> Can you use/add more than 1 7 here (in the registry), if u have more than
>> 1 removable disk??
>>
>> I've got an Ipod, a 7-1 internal USB2 card reader, and a usb key, I have
>> the icons I want to use (atm, I've created a shortcut on the desktop in
>> XP for these).
>>
>> BUT would like the icons for them to appear in My computer. NOT on the
>> desktop. Can u do this??
>>
>> It just saves me clogging up the desktop with a different icon for the
>> same device in My computer.
>>
>> Any info appreciated
>>
>> Thanx

Paul