Periodic Flicker in 19 in Flat Panel Display

What would be the cause of a momentary but realtively frequent (several times a
minute) flicker in a 19 in flat panel display?

RobertS975 wrote:
> What would be the cause of a momentary but realtively frequent (several times a
> minute) flicker in a 19 in flat panel display?

For a flat panel, first guess would be an unstable
power supply to the monitor and/or loose connectors.
Second guess, possible problems with the video card.
Third, environmental conditions of local surroundings,
but not highly probable.

Look for a source of interference near the display. Do you have anything with
a motor near it, fan, radio with CD player, even an external CD,DVd, Zip drive.

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

In article <20041024182315.25562.00002741@mb-m29.aol.com>,
jcmcdonald@aol.comnot says...
> Look for a source of interference near the display. Do you have anything with
> a motor near it, fan, radio with CD player, even an external CD,DVd, Zip drive.

Sony once suggested I move my CRT a good 1 1/2 feet from my cable modem
and router. I doubted them....but I tried....it worked.

Anmd I've had a chance to check it when things get moved around and the
monitor begins to run streaks and jiggle etcl, I just move the modem and
router and all is well.

Louise