I have a Dialer.12.BN...need help

I can't get rid of this dialer. I run AVG and AdAware and this is the first
time AVG Antivirus hasn't cured a virus. I come to this board as a last
resort. In other words, I can't figure it out.

Thanks
mark

Mark;
Have AVG and Ad Aware been updated within the last few days?

Follow the yellow section on this link:
Do not stop at using one of each type product.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
> Mark;
> Have AVG and Ad Aware been updated within the last few days?
>
> Follow the yellow section on this link:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
> Do not stop at using one of each type product.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "MWB" <mark.bickford@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >I can't get rid of this dialer. I run AVG and AdAware and this is the
> >first
> > time AVG Antivirus hasn't cured a virus. I come to this board as a
> > last
> > resort. In other words, I can't figure it out.
> >

> > Thanks
> > mark

Yes they have. I update frequently. I have three teenage boys. This isn't
the first dialer I've had, it is the first one I can't eradicate. I've been
using AVG for at least two years and this is the first time something has
gotten past it. That's not bad. I have 3 computers with DSL on a LAN with an
HP all in one printer-fax-scanner. If this helps, none of the computers have
a modem.

I've looked everywhere with no success.

Thanks
Mark

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

>> Mark;
>> Have AVG and Ad Aware been updated within the last few days?
>>
>> Follow the yellow section on this link:
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
>> Do not stop at using one of each type product.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones
>>
>>.
>> >I can't get rid of this dialer. I run AVG and AdAware and this is the
>> >first
>> > time AVG Antivirus hasn't cured a virus. I come to this board as a
>> > last
>> > resort. In other words, I can't figure it out.
>> >

>> > Thanks
>> > mark
>>

> Yes they have. I update frequently. I have three teenage boys. This isn't
> the first dialer I've had, it is the first one I can't eradicate. I've
> been
> using AVG for at least two years and this is the first time something has
> gotten past it. That's not bad. I have 3 computers with DSL on a LAN with
> an
> HP all in one printer-fax-scanner. If this helps, none of the computers
> have
> a modem.
>
> I've looked everywhere with no success.
>
> Thanks
> Mark

Mark, did you try to remove or rename in safe-mode or dos? AVG does advise
this.
Also, try "Spybot Search and Destroy". It is free.
"SpywareBlaster" is also a free program that can prevent a lot of dialers
and other nasties from invading your computer.
Jack

"Jack" <donk502@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "MWB" <mark.bickford@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >
> >> Mark;
> >> Have AVG and Ad Aware been updated within the last few days?
> >>
> >> Follow the yellow section on this link:
> >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
> >> Do not stop at using one of each type product.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jupiter Jones
> >>
> >>.

> > Yes they have. I update frequently. I have three teenage boys. This
isn't
> > the first dialer I've had, it is the first one I can't eradicate. I've
> > been
> > using AVG for at least two years and this is the first time something
has
> > gotten past it. That's not bad. I have 3 computers with DSL on a LAN
with
> > an
> > HP all in one printer-fax-scanner. If this helps, none of the computers
> > have
> > a modem.
> >
> > I've looked everywhere with no success.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mark
>
> Mark, did you try to remove or rename in safe-mode or dos? AVG does advise
> this.
> Also, try "Spybot Search and Destroy". It is free.
> "SpywareBlaster" is also a free program that can prevent a lot of dialers
> and other nasties from invading your computer.
> Jack

Thanks for the help. Fortunately I did get rid of it. I tried sysclean in
safe mode and that told me I had an unknown virus. I rebooted and ran
sysclean again then I ran AVG and it allowed me to move the virus to the
vault. When I went to empty the virus vault the virus was in the vault
several times so I don't know what was going on.

I will check out Spybot Search and Destroy.

Thanks
Mark