Somehow my clever 9-month old managed to change the display on my screenr. He
managed to push some keys on the keyboard and now the screen display has
rotated 90 degrees. So I have to set my monitor on its side so I can actually
see what I'm doing. I can't figure out how to rotate the display back to its
original orientation. Any suggestions?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Niall wrote:
> Somehow my clever 9-month old managed to change the display on my screenr. He
> managed to push some keys on the keyboard and now the screen display has
> rotated 90 degrees. So I have to set my monitor on its side so I can actually
> see what I'm doing. I can't figure out how to rotate the display back to its
> original orientation. Any suggestions?

Right click a blank area of the desktop, choose properties. Look around
in there for a setting to rotate the screen. It's a function of the
dispaly adapator.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Hi Rock,

Thanks for the quick response. I managed to find it under Graphic
Options/Graphic Properties/Rotation.

Niall
"Rock" wrote:

> Niall wrote:
> > Somehow my clever 9-month old managed to change the display on my screenr. He
> > managed to push some keys on the keyboard and now the screen display has
> > rotated 90 degrees. So I have to set my monitor on its side so I can actually
> > see what I'm doing. I can't figure out how to rotate the display back to its
> > original orientation. Any suggestions?
>
> Right click a blank area of the desktop, choose properties. Look around
> in there for a setting to rotate the screen. It's a function of the
> dispaly adapator.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Niall wrote:

> Hi Rock,
>
> Thanks for the quick response. I managed to find it under Graphic
> Options/Graphic Properties/Rotation.
>
> Niall
> "Rock" wrote:
>

>>Niall wrote:
>>
>>>Somehow my clever 9-month old managed to change the display on my screenr. He
>>>managed to push some keys on the keyboard and now the screen display has
>>>rotated 90 degrees. So I have to set my monitor on its side so I can actually
>>>see what I'm doing. I can't figure out how to rotate the display back to its
>>>original orientation. Any suggestions?
>>
>>Right click a blank area of the desktop, choose properties. Look around
>>in there for a setting to rotate the screen. It's a function of the
>>dispaly adapator.
>>
>>--
>>Rock
>>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Great Niall, glad it's fixed and thanks for posting back.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User