computer fan

ok first off its a dell 4400.. so you know, ok now the fan on my pc is getting
little dry. do believe it needs oiled. but what oil do you use? i have 3 in 1 i
use on my furnace etc etc. is is safe to use it?
TIA,
mike

On 27 Oct 2004 05:21:29 GMT, MichaelPa2004 wrote in

> ok first off its a dell 4400.. so you know, ok now the fan on my pc is getting
> little dry. do believe it needs oiled. but what oil do you use? i have 3 in 1 i
> use on my furnace etc etc. is is safe to use it?

Hmmmm... I don't know if I would oil a fan in my computer. If some of the
oil gets on the fan blades or drips on there, when the fan spins up it'll
sling it all over the place including inside your computer. I'd just
replace the fan.

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

No. NEVER oil a fan inside a PC. You're just asking for oil to be sprayed
all over the inside of the system, causing more dust to collect.

Replace the fan - the bearings, whether sleeve or ball, are sealed anyway -
there's no way to lubricate them.

"MichaelPa2004" <michaelpa2004@aol.com> wrote in message
> ok first off its a dell 4400.. so you know, ok now the fan on my pc is
getting
> little dry. do believe it needs oiled. but what oil do you use? i have 3
in 1 i
> use on my furnace etc etc. is is safe to use it?
> TIA,
> mike

You can order a replacement fan at a modest price from Dell.

- Don