Task is showing two line - how do I change back to one line?

A couple of days ago I must have hit a key combination and my task bar with
quick launch icons went from a single line thin task bar to a task bar with
two lines. How do I get the task bar back to the thinner one line display?

Thanks!

--
Regards,

Bill Artman

I might not have the whole picture from your description, and you may have
tried this. Hover over your taskbar at the top until your mouse shows the
double black arrows. Click and drag downward. It should skinny back up
again.
--
ratherbquilting

"Bill Artman" wrote:

> A couple of days ago I must have hit a key combination and my task bar with
> quick launch icons went from a single line thin task bar to a task bar with
> two lines. How do I get the task bar back to the thinner one line display?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Bill Artman

Malke

Bill Artman wrote:

> A couple of days ago I must have hit a key combination and my task bar
> with quick launch icons went from a single line thin task bar to a
> task bar with
> two lines. How do I get the task bar back to the thinner one line
> display?
>
> Thanks!

What happens is that the end "margin" of the QuickLaunch toolbar has
gotten so far over to the right that it is now down below. Unlock the
Taskbar and then "grab" the dotted line on the bottom bar and drag it
up to immediately to the right of the QuickLaunch icons. Now you've
successfully made the QuickLaunch toolbar shorter and can "grab" the
top bar of the Taskbar and "push" it down to the regular one-tier
height.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

You may also need to right-click your taskbar and uncheck the "Lock the
taskbar" option, to be able to alter its size

Jon

"ratherbquilting" <ratherbquilting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7C5E38C3-3D37-4538-AEE7-6B69A3C6998F@microsoft.com...
>I might not have the whole picture from your description, and you may have
> tried this. Hover over your taskbar at the top until your mouse shows the
> double black arrows. Click and drag downward. It should skinny back up
> again.
> --
> ratherbquilting
>

> "Bill Artman" wrote:
>
>> A couple of days ago I must have hit a key combination and my task bar
>> with
>> quick launch icons went from a single line thin task bar to a task bar
>> with
>> two lines. How do I get the task bar back to the thinner one line
>> display?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bill Artman

Hello;

Thanks for your responses. I have already tried hovering over the top edge
of the taskbar until the mouse turns to a double arrow. When I drag down to
make it a single line the task bar disappears - it does not resize to a
single line. I have also tried unlocking the taskbar but this is no help.

I forgot to mention in my original post, the second and bottom line of the
taskbar is populated with a program bar when I open a program. Before, the
open program bar would be to t he right of the quick launch icons, now the
program bars are on the second line below the quick launch icons.

Does anyone have more suggestions? Thanks!

--
Regards,

Bill Artman

"Jon" wrote:

> You may also need to right-click your taskbar and uncheck the "Lock the
> taskbar" option, to be able to alter its size
>
> Jon
>

> "ratherbquilting" <ratherbquilting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7C5E38C3-3D37-4538-AEE7-6B69A3C6998F@microsoft.com...
> >I might not have the whole picture from your description, and you may have
> > tried this. Hover over your taskbar at the top until your mouse shows the
> > double black arrows. Click and drag downward. It should skinny back up
> > again.
> > --
> > ratherbquilting
> >

> > "Bill Artman" wrote:
> >
> >> A couple of days ago I must have hit a key combination and my task bar
> >> with
> >> quick launch icons went from a single line thin task bar to a task bar
> >> with
> >> two lines. How do I get the task bar back to the thinner one line
> >> display?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Bill Artman

Hello Malke;

Thanks very much for your help. Your answer fixed my problem with the
tasbar and I will file your answer in my binder for future use. Thanks again
- hope you have a great week!

--
Regards,

Bill Artman

"Malke" wrote:

> Bill Artman wrote:
>
> > A couple of days ago I must have hit a key combination and my task bar
> > with quick launch icons went from a single line thin task bar to a
> > task bar with
> > two lines. How do I get the task bar back to the thinner one line
> > display?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> What happens is that the end "margin" of the QuickLaunch toolbar has
> gotten so far over to the right that it is now down below. Unlock the
> Taskbar and then "grab" the dotted line on the bottom bar and drag it
> up to immediately to the right of the QuickLaunch icons. Now you've
> successfully made the QuickLaunch toolbar shorter and can "grab" the
> top bar of the Taskbar and "push" it down to the regular one-tier
> height.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

Bill Artman wrote:

> Hello Malke;
>
> Thanks very much for your help. Your answer fixed my problem with the
> tasbar and I will file your answer in my binder for future use.
> Thanks again - hope you have a great week!

You're very welcome. Thanks for letting me know.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

All sections have to be left/right of each other not above/below each other. Then it will drag down to one row height.

"Bill Artman" <BillArtman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAD4523F-6257-4D99-ACA3-71513989B5F9@microsoft.com...

> Hello;
>
> Thanks for your responses. I have already tried hovering over the top edge
> of the taskbar until the mouse turns to a double arrow. When I drag down to
> make it a single line the task bar disappears - it does not resize to a
> single line. I have also tried unlocking the taskbar but this is no help.
>
> I forgot to mention in my original post, the second and bottom line of the
> taskbar is populated with a program bar when I open a program. Before, the
> open program bar would be to t he right of the quick launch icons, now the
> program bars are on the second line below the quick launch icons.
>
> Does anyone have more suggestions? Thanks!
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Bill Artman
>

> "Jon" wrote:
>
>> You may also need to right-click your taskbar and uncheck the "Lock the
>> taskbar" option, to be able to alter its size
>>
>> Jon
>>

>> "ratherbquilting" <ratherbquilting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:7C5E38C3-3D37-4538-AEE7-6B69A3C6998F@microsoft.com...
>> >I might not have the whole picture from your description, and you may have
>> > tried this. Hover over your taskbar at the top until your mouse shows the
>> > double black arrows. Click and drag downward. It should skinny back up
>> > again.
>> > --
>> > ratherbquilting

TRENDING THREADS