Solved

Powered speakers

hello I wan't to use 2 Kustom KPC15MP powered speakers on my pc. these are P.A. speakers. 100w 15 inch with horn. 1 XLR input 1 TRS 1/4" input. 1 TRS 1/4 " output. can only use 1 input at a time. these can be daisy chained with other kustom speakers. add says can be used with drum machine, key board, pre amp, i-pod , personal cd player, non powered mixers other audio devices ext. but not PC. if you had adapter down to 1//8" would they be safe to use on PC, it sounds like it would but i don'T KNOW FOR SURE. has anyone tried something like this. don't want to blow a laptop or desktop. using xp 32b or 7 64b. tried kustom website no word yet. tried MF no word yet. purpose of speakers is play back on live home recording , live music. I have a old lap top that is about gone i might try it 1st. thank you
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about powered speakers
  1. Best answer
    It should be safe. The question is would you have enough output to drive the speakers to full volume. If you were using a desktop you could install a pro audio card with TRS output and that would work for sure.
  2. yes it should work completely fine, ive done this on a laptop nuermous numebr of times, in personal partys.

speakers used : PRX612M (not mine)
    mixer behringer DX626 (mine)

but dont worry i used PC alone too, it does work. not sure about the safety though.... but why would any dangers arise??
  3. hello out there in wonderland. thanks to all of you for the input
  4. americanaudiophile said:
    It should be safe. The question is would you have enough output to drive the speakers to full volume. If you were using a desktop you could install a pro audio card with TRS output and that would work for sure.

hello i tried a pocket radio it sounded good. i have a eurorack ub1202 line & mic mixer i think will work. i will certanly look into a audio card . thank you very much
  5. MEgamer said:
    yes it should work completely fine, ive done this on a laptop nuermous numebr of times, in personal partys.

speakers used : PRX612M (not mine)
    mixer behringer DX626 (mine)

but dont worry i used PC alone too, it does work. not sure about the safety though.... but why would any dangers arise??

hello i tried a pocket radio it sounded better than my big stereo. havent tried pc yet. thank you very much
  6. Best answer selected by robert_52.
Ask a new question

Read More

Speakers Audio