Should i leave a negitive feedback

Last response: in Video Games
July 22, 2005 9:32:26 PM

Ay guys

I just bought a spare ramp from Bob Antelman aka Tennisdoc that was
not described as listed. This ramp is a total POS. I did my rgp
homework and thought he was a trusted seller on this group. The ramp ,
which was described as good condition with a 2 inch crack on the right
entrance, what i got was a ramp with both the entrance and exit broke,
The entrance which was described as glued, was broke completely off and
the glue that was used was a nasty pile of silicone. Not to mention he
lacks the common knowledge of a ruler, break was over 4 inchs, kinda
hard to hide that. Exit was broke off and melted with an soldering iron
of some sorts and is missing the mounting bracket hole which is needed
to put it all together. I didnt pay much for this ramp, but i did get
bit with the shipping of the ramp, which has turned out to be a total
waste of money.

I know Bob reads the group, and his feedback is steller, 1400
something without a negitive. Id feel like an ass if i did the feedback
thing, but i am realy unhappy with the product. Most i can salvage out
of it is the few sets of optos that were on it. On the lighter side, i
bought 2 items off Bob and the second item is nice. So its not a total
loss.

Let me know what you all would do in this case, another rgp member rep
is whats killing me. I havent contacted him yet, but that is coming.
Guess that learns me how not to buy parts off epay.

John
jdubbbs
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 9:39:54 PM

Yes, talk to the seller, I'm sure he won't be pleased with having this
posted before he had a chance to answer to it. I know I wouldn't be.
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 9:41:17 PM

why would you post this without first contacting Bob?

For the record I do not know you or Bob but for the life of me can't
understand why you took the time to make this post without first
sending the seller an email !

I think you should send him an e-mail and see if he will work with you
before air all the dirty laundry here...

just my thoughts .....
July 22, 2005 9:51:13 PM

You know guys, i have jumped the gun again, i dont think Bob wouldve
liked my letter that i had written at first out of frustration, ill
delete the post, then go from there.

John
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 9:55:23 PM

Dude,
why the hell would you tell your hole story to RGP.......and not talk
to bob first?????????????
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 10:03:44 PM

I'd like to see the auction in question, I'm sure we aren't talking
about much money. always the deals that people gripe about :(
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 10:19:17 PM

I suspect it's item 6192350051

Mark

EastIowaAmusement@gmail.com wrote:
> I'd like to see the auction in question, I'm sure we aren't talking
> about much money. always the deals that people gripe about :(
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 11:45:20 PM

I would think a negative would be the last thing. You should have contacted
him before posting here. Give the seller a chance to set things right. You
neg him and then try and work things out, you might find a lot of sellers
blocking your bids. Anybody can make a mistake, it's how problems are
resolved that counts. What was the item number ? It would be nice to see the
auction and then hear Bob's response. LTG :)

"JDubbbs" <jdubbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ay guys
>
> I just bought a spare ramp from Bob Antelman aka Tennisdoc that was
> not described as listed. This ramp is a total POS. I did my rgp
> homework and thought he was a trusted seller on this group. The ramp ,
> which was described as good condition with a 2 inch crack on the right
> entrance, what i got was a ramp with both the entrance and exit broke,
> The entrance which was described as glued, was broke completely off and
> the glue that was used was a nasty pile of silicone. Not to mention he
> lacks the common knowledge of a ruler, break was over 4 inchs, kinda
> hard to hide that. Exit was broke off and melted with an soldering iron
> of some sorts and is missing the mounting bracket hole which is needed
> to put it all together. I didnt pay much for this ramp, but i did get
> bit with the shipping of the ramp, which has turned out to be a total
> waste of money.
>
> I know Bob reads the group, and his feedback is steller, 1400
> something without a negitive. Id feel like an ass if i did the feedback
> thing, but i am realy unhappy with the product. Most i can salvage out
> of it is the few sets of optos that were on it. On the lighter side, i
> bought 2 items off Bob and the second item is nice. So its not a total
> loss.
>
> Let me know what you all would do in this case, another rgp member rep
> is whats killing me. I havent contacted him yet, but that is coming.
> Guess that learns me how not to buy parts off epay.
>
> John
> jdubbbs

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 11:59:04 PM

That is part of the anyone can make a mistake. When you contact Bob, you
might apologise and let him know you were frustrated and acted in haste. LTG
:)

> You know guys, i have jumped the gun again, i dont think Bob wouldve
> liked my letter that i had written at first out of frustration, ill
> delete the post, then go from there.
>
> John

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 11:59:35 PM

Give the guy a chance to explain or correct the problem first. I've
only had to deal with one low class moron on e-bay in all the years I
have been buying.

Keep this in mind as I just learned a lesson recently. If you think
you're going to be nice and just leave a neutral, don't bother. Drop
that negative down as soon as there is no resolve. If you leave a
neutral the other guy can dump a negative on you and you can't change
yours without spending $30. It's not worth it. I don't believe this
is the case you have with your seller, but just want to get this
message out. Perfect feedback is not that big a deal. If you're a
seller it's more important.

Because of the feeback between me and moron, I am getting 10 to 20
emails a day about our transaction and experience. I am also watching
his auctions and answering questions about his items for others. I'll
get bored with it later but for now I am enjoying it. I know I have
cost him some money and that is enough for me. He brought it on
himself. I win in the long run.

But my rambling aside. Give the seller a chance. It's the right thing
to do before anything else. It's OK to post here about a
problem with a transaction, after you have tried to contact and failed,
just in case someone here can assist. Like Timathie did for me.

Mario
Pinthetic
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 4:36:53 AM

Email him first. Tell him what you told us. See if he stands behind his
items. I have given complete refunds to people who were unsatisfied,
even though I may have thought what they bought was a good deal.

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

JDubbbs wrote:
> Ay guys
>
> I just bought a spare ramp from Bob Antelman aka Tennisdoc that was
> not described as listed. This ramp is a total POS. I did my rgp
> homework and thought he was a trusted seller on this group. The ramp ,
> which was described as good condition with a 2 inch crack on the right
> entrance, what i got was a ramp with both the entrance and exit broke,
> The entrance which was described as glued, was broke completely off and
> the glue that was used was a nasty pile of silicone. Not to mention he
> lacks the common knowledge of a ruler, break was over 4 inchs, kinda
> hard to hide that. Exit was broke off and melted with an soldering iron
> of some sorts and is missing the mounting bracket hole which is needed
> to put it all together. I didnt pay much for this ramp, but i did get
> bit with the shipping of the ramp, which has turned out to be a total
> waste of money.
>
> I know Bob reads the group, and his feedback is steller, 1400
> something without a negitive. Id feel like an ass if i did the feedback
> thing, but i am realy unhappy with the product. Most i can salvage out
> of it is the few sets of optos that were on it. On the lighter side, i
> bought 2 items off Bob and the second item is nice. So its not a total
> loss.
>
> Let me know what you all would do in this case, another rgp member rep
> is whats killing me. I havent contacted him yet, but that is coming.
> Guess that learns me how not to buy parts off epay.
>
> John
> jdubbbs

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 5:01:02 AM

Agreed with Lloyd. I've bought from Bob many times and he's never been
anything but honest. You may have accidently been shipped the wrong thing
entirely. I do know his kids and others occasionally do some work for him,
which could include things like boxing and shipping. Mistakes happen, and
I'm guessing that's what this was.

--Donnie

On Sat, 23 Jul, Lloyd Olson wrote:
> I would think a negative would be the last thing. You should have contacted
> him before posting here. Give the seller a chance to set things right. You
> neg him and then try and work things out, you might find a lot of sellers
> blocking your bids. Anybody can make a mistake, it's how problems are
> resolved that counts. What was the item number ? It would be nice to see the
> auction and then hear Bob's response. LTG :)
>
> "JDubbbs" <jdubbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Ay guys
>>
>> I just bought a spare ramp from Bob Antelman aka Tennisdoc that was
>> not described as listed. This ramp is a total POS. I did my rgp
>> homework and thought he was a trusted seller on this group. The ramp ,
>> which was described as good condition with a 2 inch crack on the right
>> entrance, what i got was a ramp with both the entrance and exit broke,
>> The entrance which was described as glued, was broke completely off and
>> the glue that was used was a nasty pile of silicone. Not to mention he
>> lacks the common knowledge of a ruler, break was over 4 inchs, kinda
>> hard to hide that. Exit was broke off and melted with an soldering iron
>> of some sorts and is missing the mounting bracket hole which is needed
>> to put it all together. I didnt pay much for this ramp, but i did get
>> bit with the shipping of the ramp, which has turned out to be a total
>> waste of money.
>>
>> I know Bob reads the group, and his feedback is steller, 1400
>> something without a negitive. Id feel like an ass if i did the feedback
>> thing, but i am realy unhappy with the product. Most i can salvage out
>> of it is the few sets of optos that were on it. On the lighter side, i
>> bought 2 items off Bob and the second item is nice. So its not a total
>> loss.
>>
>> Let me know what you all would do in this case, another rgp member rep
>> is whats killing me. I havent contacted him yet, but that is coming.
>> Guess that learns me how not to buy parts off epay.
>>
>> John
>> jdubbbs

July 23, 2005 5:29:19 AM

I have purchased items from "Tennisdoc" and had problems. Contacted him and
he went out of his way to correct the situation. Couldn't ask for more.
Good guy in my books.
generalgman
"JDubbbs" <jdubbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ay guys
>
> I just bought a spare ramp from Bob Antelman aka Tennisdoc that was
> not described as listed. This ramp is a total POS. I did my rgp
> homework and thought he was a trusted seller on this group. The ramp ,
> which was described as good condition with a 2 inch crack on the right
> entrance, what i got was a ramp with both the entrance and exit broke,
> The entrance which was described as glued, was broke completely off and
> the glue that was used was a nasty pile of silicone. Not to mention he
> lacks the common knowledge of a ruler, break was over 4 inchs, kinda
> hard to hide that. Exit was broke off and melted with an soldering iron
> of some sorts and is missing the mounting bracket hole which is needed
> to put it all together. I didnt pay much for this ramp, but i did get
> bit with the shipping of the ramp, which has turned out to be a total
> waste of money.
>
> I know Bob reads the group, and his feedback is steller, 1400
> something without a negitive. Id feel like an ass if i did the feedback
> thing, but i am realy unhappy with the product. Most i can salvage out
> of it is the few sets of optos that were on it. On the lighter side, i
> bought 2 items off Bob and the second item is nice. So its not a total
> loss.
>
> Let me know what you all would do in this case, another rgp member rep
> is whats killing me. I havent contacted him yet, but that is coming.
> Guess that learns me how not to buy parts off epay.
>
> John
> jdubbbs

July 23, 2005 2:26:16 PM

Bob is top notch. Talk to him, and IF there IS a problem, he will
follow through.

-M
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 3:00:28 PM

talk to him first.
might have burned a bridge by going public here instead of dealing
man-to-man.
Dan

"JDubbbs" <jdubbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ay guys
>
> I just bought a spare ramp from Bob Antelman aka Tennisdoc that was
> not described as listed. This ramp is a total POS. I did my rgp
> homework and thought he was a trusted seller on this group. The ramp ,
> which was described as good condition with a 2 inch crack on the right
> entrance, what i got was a ramp with both the entrance and exit broke,
> The entrance which was described as glued, was broke completely off and
> the glue that was used was a nasty pile of silicone. Not to mention he
> lacks the common knowledge of a ruler, break was over 4 inchs, kinda
> hard to hide that. Exit was broke off and melted with an soldering iron
> of some sorts and is missing the mounting bracket hole which is needed
> to put it all together. I didnt pay much for this ramp, but i did get
> bit with the shipping of the ramp, which has turned out to be a total
> waste of money.
>
> I know Bob reads the group, and his feedback is steller, 1400
> something without a negitive. Id feel like an ass if i did the feedback
> thing, but i am realy unhappy with the product. Most i can salvage out
> of it is the few sets of optos that were on it. On the lighter side, i
> bought 2 items off Bob and the second item is nice. So its not a total
> loss.
>
> Let me know what you all would do in this case, another rgp member rep
> is whats killing me. I havent contacted him yet, but that is coming.
> Guess that learns me how not to buy parts off epay.
>
> John
> jdubbbs

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 3:03:04 PM

yikes!
$25 shipping? i gues sit is a huge ramp, but I bet I could ship it for
under $10 via fedex ground

"Mark_in_PA" <mark_in_penna@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I suspect it's item 6192350051
>
> Mark
>
> EastIowaAmusement@gmail.com wrote:
>> I'd like to see the auction in question, I'm sure we aren't talking
>> about much money. always the deals that people gripe about :(

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 3:05:03 PM

glad you were happy with the BoP parts you bought from me. :)

hehe
Dan

<Pinthetic@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Give the guy a chance to explain or correct the problem first. I've
> only had to deal with one low class moron on e-bay in all the years I
> have been buying.
>
> Keep this in mind as I just learned a lesson recently. If you think
> you're going to be nice and just leave a neutral, don't bother. Drop
> that negative down as soon as there is no resolve. If you leave a
> neutral the other guy can dump a negative on you and you can't change
> yours without spending $30. It's not worth it. I don't believe this
> is the case you have with your seller, but just want to get this
> message out. Perfect feedback is not that big a deal. If you're a
> seller it's more important.
>
> Because of the feeback between me and moron, I am getting 10 to 20
> emails a day about our transaction and experience. I am also watching
> his auctions and answering questions about his items for others. I'll
> get bored with it later but for now I am enjoying it. I know I have
> cost him some money and that is enough for me. He brought it on
> himself. I win in the long run.
>
> But my rambling aside. Give the seller a chance. It's the right thing
> to do before anything else. It's OK to post here about a
> problem with a transaction, after you have tried to contact and failed,
> just in case someone here can assist. Like Timathie did for me.
>
> Mario
> Pinthetic

July 23, 2005 4:18:09 PM

My general thought on ebay auction shipping:

"Shipping", when clearly stated in the auction, is irrelevant to the cost of
shipping the item.

It ends up being directly reflected in the final value of the auction.

Lower the shipping to free, and the final value of the auction rises by $25.

Otto

CARGPB11

"DWGoett" <pinball@midamerica.net> wrote in message
> yikes!
> $25 shipping? i gues sit is a huge ramp, but I bet I could ship it for
> under $10 via fedex ground
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 2:21:44 AM

Dan,

You're not low class or a moron. Loved the parts!

Mario
Pinthetic
July 24, 2005 7:43:37 AM

I agree with you on this Otto! Well spoken :)

Susan

!