Basic web-site query

I have a Dell Dim 2400 with XP Home.

I recently bought a Canon A75 camera.

I am also trying to learn how to use a web-site. My ISP has one and somehow
after some confusion I was able to upload a photo
See:

http://webpages.charter.net/mbillik/casey.jpg

My question: is there some free easy to use s-ware that will allow me to
edit this page by removing this photo and adding others (perhaps as a
thumbnail where you can click on it and get the larger image)? Perhaps there
is even one that came with this computer??

Suggestions?

Mel

Mel

BT

Here's a simple and free upload site (but you have to register first):
http://www.tripod.lycos.com/

BT

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
> I have a Dell Dim 2400 with XP Home.
>
> I recently bought a Canon A75 camera.
>
> I am also trying to learn how to use a web-site. My ISP has one and somehow
> after some confusion I was able to upload a photo
> See:
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/mbillik/casey.jpg
>
> My question: is there some free easy to use s-ware that will allow me to
> edit this page by removing this photo and adding others (perhaps as a
> thumbnail where you can click on it and get the larger image)? Perhaps there
> is even one that came with this computer??
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Mel
>
> Mel

It is easier to upload your photos to a website like ofoto.com. They make
it very easy to add or delete.

MB_ wrote:
> I have a Dell Dim 2400 with XP Home.
>
> I recently bought a Canon A75 camera.
>
> I am also trying to learn how to use a web-site. My ISP has one and
> somehow
> after some confusion I was able to upload a photo
> See:
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/mbillik/casey.jpg
>
> My question: is there some free easy to use s-ware that will allow me
> edit this page by removing this photo and adding others (perhaps as a
> thumbnail where you can click on it and get the larger image)? Perhaps
> there
> is even one that came with this computer??
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Mel
>
> Mel

I used Thumber (http://www.tawbaware.com/) for some pages and MS Web
Slideshow (I think it's a powertoy downloadable from microsoft.com).

Examples: http://www3.sympatico.ca/cynthiag31/ (please ignore that it
hasn't been updated in forever).

HTH
--
Cynthia
I don't read Hotmail - To mail me: cynthiag at canadiensfan dot com

BT

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
> I have a Dell Dim 2400 with XP Home.
>
> I recently bought a Canon A75 camera.
>
> I am also trying to learn how to use a web-site. My ISP has one and somehow
> after some confusion I was able to upload a photo
> See:
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/mbillik/casey.jpg
>
> My question: is there some free easy to use s-ware that will allow me to
> edit this page by removing this photo and adding others (perhaps as a
> thumbnail where you can click on it and get the larger image)? Perhaps there
> is even one that came with this computer??

Yup, it came with your camera. Just read the instructions in the "software
starter guide" and the software "help" index. Upload the thumbnails you create
and on your webpage use the required html code to make each thumbnail an actual
link to the larger photos you've uploaded. There are lots of online free html
tutorials to help you.

BT

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:20:11 -0400, MB_ <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote:
> I have a Dell Dim 2400 with XP Home.
> I recently bought a Canon A75 camera.
> I am also trying to learn how to use a web-site. My ISP has one and somehow
> after some confusion I was able to upload a photo
> See:
> http://webpages.charter.net/mbillik/casey.jpg
> My question: is there some free easy to use s-ware that will allow me to
> edit this page by removing this photo and adding others (perhaps as a
> thumbnail where you can click on it and get the larger image)? Perhaps there
> is even one that came with this computer??
> Suggestions?

irfanview:
http://www.irfanview.com
is free and easy to use. It has a way of creating thumbnails and
saving as HTML pages. It's most useful if you have a lot of images.
Once you save as HTML pages (on your own machine), you'll have to
upload all of the files to your website.

It also has the ability to reduce the pixel dimensions of a picture.
The picture of your dog is huge and really not suitable for the web.
It should be reduced in size, perhaps as small as 640x480?

--
Dale Dellutri <ddelQQQlutr@panQQQix.com> (lose the Q's)