Restoring old version of a file

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Jordan wrote:

> I saved over a file by mistake. Is there a way to retrieve the orginal file?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Maybe, maybe not. First stop using the computer. The more you use it
the lower the chances. Here are some utilities for file restoration:

Executive Software “Undelete”: (will tell you what is recoverable.
Have to purchase the software to do the recover).
http://www.execsoft.com/undelete/undelete.asp

Also:

http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html

Recover and Restore Deleted Files (Line 36)

File Saver Pro - Recover Deleted Files
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_u.htm#xp_util

www.recovermyfiles.com

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:25:02 -0700, Jordan
<Jordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I saved over a file by mistake. Is there a way to retrieve the orginal file?

Sure -- load your backup software, and restore the version from the
appropriate backup copy.

Otherwise, not unless you're the NSA or want to spend a few thousand
dollars on reading trace magnetic fields.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."