Windowsxp file association problem

I put the wrong application associated with a file. To do this I did the
following:

In Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, File Types then clicked on the
NEW option, typed in the file extn, and associated application .. then
realised the application was the wrong one and then choose the CHANGE
option and entered the correct application name.

Now when I click on the file, and choose "Open With" I get both applications
listed. My question is how can I delete the invalid application ..

Hope this is not clear as mud. Any help would be much appreciated.

Abay

"Abay" wrote:

> I put the wrong application associated with a file. To do this I did the
> following:
>
> In Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, File Types then clicked on the
> NEW option, typed in the file extn, and associated application .. then
> realised the application was the wrong one and then choose the CHANGE
> option and entered the correct application name.
>
> Now when I click on the file, and choose "Open With" I get both applications
> listed. My question is how can I delete the invalid application ..
>
> Hope this is not clear as mud. Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Abay

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts

Just ignore it. Problem solved.