Sign in with
Your question

New motherboard reccomendation

Last response: in CPUs
September 30, 2003 6:40:39 PM

Need new motherboard for recent setup gone bad. Gunning with 430W power supply. geforce4 Ti4600, Audigy1. What is the most stable motherboard to combine with these? Gigabyte? The one I am sending back is the P4G8x, because the damn thing keeps crashing or rebooting during gaming. I figure it can only be either heat or power supply insufficiency or motherboard incompatibility. I don't think it's power insufficiency, and am pretty sure it's not heat, since all the fans are working. So, I figure it just doesn't like the motherboard. What should I get?

Tech Support: "Hello, tech support, may I help you?"
Customer: (in a thick Russian accent) "Yes. Monitor is working fine but has sparks and smoke flying out back. Is ok?"
September 30, 2003 7:49:04 PM

The Asus P4C800 is pretty good for intels.

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 30, 2003 9:50:54 PM

In the same price range as your current board? The Abit IS7 and the Asus P4P800. The IS7 includes the ICH5R southbridge's SATA RAID and a firewire chip, whild the P4P800 does not.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 1, 2003 4:30:48 AM

Nope, I'm waiting for a big drop in DDR prices (which happens periodically) before making my final decision.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 1, 2003 4:52:31 AM

LOL, at what premium over the IS7, $30?

!