New motherboard reccomendation

Anfini03

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
Need new motherboard for recent setup gone bad. Gunning with 430W power supply. geforce4 Ti4600, Audigy1. What is the most stable motherboard to combine with these? Gigabyte? The one I am sending back is the P4G8x, because the damn thing keeps crashing or rebooting during gaming. I figure it can only be either heat or power supply insufficiency or motherboard incompatibility. I don't think it's power insufficiency, and am pretty sure it's not heat, since all the fans are working. So, I figure it just doesn't like the motherboard. What should I get?

Tech Support: "Hello, tech support, may I help you?"
Customer: (in a thick Russian accent) "Yes. Monitor is working fine but has sparks and smoke flying out back. Is ok?"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
In the same price range as your current board? The Abit IS7 and the Asus P4P800. The IS7 includes the ICH5R southbridge's SATA RAID and a firewire chip, whild the P4P800 does not.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Nope, I'm waiting for a big drop in DDR prices (which happens periodically) before making my final decision.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
P4C800-E does.

-Jeremy

:evil: <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">Busting Sh@t Up In My Buddies Face!!!</A> :evil:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, at what premium over the IS7, $30?