ee-cpa.exe/svctag.exe

repairing a pc for a friend. moving a used c600 motherboard into his 4000
need to put his old service tag into this bios. Does anyone have or know of
the files required to do this?

Thanks

"Jabull" <ecomm@verizon.net> wrote in message
> repairing a pc for a friend. moving a used c600 motherboard into his 4000
> need to put his old service tag into this bios. Does anyone have or know
> of the files required to do this?
>
> Thanks

I believe you'll want to call Dell with the service tag of the 4000. I
believe they have an internal utility (svctag.exe v3.0, from what I've read)
that can wipe the old service tag.

Even if they are able to do it, I'm not sure they will with the board change
("unsupported hardware", etc.), but it might be worth a try.

Stew