XP SP2 shows a dual processors system...

Greetings,

Funny, I realized the task manager was showing 2 graphical CPUs as I have
only ONE cpu in my system P4 3ghz. I have this glitch in about 4 systems.
How to fix the beast ?

TIA

Gillies

Neobyte

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2002

Dual-core/hyperthreaded CPU? My machine shows up 2 CPUs as well, for
this reason. It's normal.

"Gillies" <newsgroup2002@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Funny, I realized the task manager was showing 2 graphical CPUs as I
> have only ONE cpu in my system P4 3ghz. I have this glitch in about 4
> systems. How to fix the beast ?

If ain't broken, don't fix it. "Windows XP and Hyper-Threading"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810231/en-us

--
d-d