USB 2.0 On Gateways

Je

When did 2.0 usb ports begin on Gateways? I have a 500S with Pentuim 4 and
Win XP that was delivered in 2002 and it says it came with 6 version 1.1.
How can you tell what version the ports are?

Thanks

--
Email no good, reply to group

That year was the one when USB 2.0 began to appear as standard.

It likely has what it says - six USB 1.1 ports. Intel did put some USB 2
support on the market, but general availability began with the i865/i875
chipset - only a few of the later 850 and 845 boards have USB 2 onboard.

"JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
> When did 2.0 usb ports begin on Gateways? I have a 500S with Pentuim 4
> and Win XP that was delivered in 2002 and it says it came with 6 version
> 1.1. How can you tell what version the ports are?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Email no good, reply to group

Je

I also forgot to ask my memory question! This pc has 1 stick of 256MB DDR
ram and I want to go to 512. Can I just pair this one up or should I go
with just one stick of 512??

Thanks

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> That year was the one when USB 2.0 began to appear as standard.
>
> It likely has what it says - six USB 1.1 ports. Intel did put some USB 2
> support on the market, but general availability began with the i865/i875
> chipset - only a few of the later 850 and 845 boards have USB 2 onboard.
>

> "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
>> When did 2.0 usb ports begin on Gateways? I have a 500S with Pentuim 4
>> and Win XP that was delivered in 2002 and it says it came with 6 version
>> 1.1. How can you tell what version the ports are?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Email no good, reply to group

YOu can add another 256 with no problem.