Mac

When using the backup 'wizard' it appears that the only option available is
to download files to a floppy disk. This is patently ridiculous - how do I
back up to CD RW disk/s?
--
mactheknife

Gordon

"mac" <mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using the backup 'wizard' it appears that the only option
> available is to download files to a floppy disk. This is patently
> ridiculous - how do I back up to CD RW disk/s?

Format the CDRW disk for packet writing - you'll need a third-party
application to do this as the inbuilt XP CD burning function won't do it.

Either Roxio Easy CD Creator, or Nero (both of which you will have to pay
for) or the very good CDBurner XP Pro which is free. (
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ )

HTH

Mac

Hi Gordon

Thanks for your reply re the above.

I do have Nero (for burning music predominantly) so I can use this. I, of
course know, how to write music but I am unsure however how to 'assemble' all
the files on my computer and then write them to CD. Any assistance you can
offer please?

Many thanks for your help.
mac
--
mactheknife

"Gordon" wrote:

> "mac" <mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When using the backup 'wizard' it appears that the only option
> > available is to download files to a floppy disk. This is patently
> > ridiculous - how do I back up to CD RW disk/s?
>
> Format the CDRW disk for packet writing - you'll need a third-party
> application to do this as the inbuilt XP CD burning function won't do it.
>
> Either Roxio Easy CD Creator, or Nero (both of which you will have to pay
> for) or the very good CDBurner XP Pro which is free. (
> http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ )
>
> HTH

Gordon

mac wrote:
> Hi Gordon
>
> Thanks for your reply re the above.
>
> I do have Nero (for burning music predominantly) so I can use this.
> I, of course know, how to write music but I am unsure however how to
> 'assemble' all the files on my computer and then write them to CD.
> Any assistance you can offer please?
>
> Many thanks for your help.
> mac

Not having Nero, I'm not 100% certain, but, if you open Nero and go to a
"New Data cD" option (or similar) you should get an Explorer-like window
(split horizontally) open. Drag the files from the top to the bottom
(assuming the top shows the HDD and the bottom the CD). When finished, click
"Burn"

HTH

Mac

Thanks for your help - I will try this later today and report back. Thanks
again!
--
mactheknife